Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Calling Roger Rapid......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calling Roger Rapid......
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did it again....grabbed the wrong bottle and soaked the back of my 30" x 30" very wordy, took forever to weed, sandblast mask with Rapid Remover instead Rapid Tac. [Bash] [Bash]

This is the third time I have had to recut vinyl or stencil because I grabbed the wrong bottle.
Am I the only one who seems determined to make the same mistake over and over?

Puleeeeze put a red spray top on the Rapid Remover bottle just for dummies like me, the label just doesn't seem to cut it for my eyes.

Actually I did that for myself today. [Smile] I'm just curious if others have the same self destructive habits and if so maybe it would be a good idea.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Smith
Resident

Member # 1308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Smith   Email John Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly..... just a curious question..... why do you use any fluid with sandblast mask?? I think this is a first here.

--------------------
John Smith
Kings Bay Signs (Retired)
Kissimmee, Florida

Posts: 817 | From: Central Florida - The Sunshine State | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't use fluid normally with sandblast mask John. But when I do a very large piece on glass or in this case corian, with lots of tiny centres, and I need to get it on there 100% straight I have used Rapid Tac.
The important thing is you have to give it plenty of time to cure before sandblasting. If there is any moisture still trapped I suspect it would heat up and steam the piece off.
I just don't feel confident that I could line a piece that big up applying it dry. Once it touches there is no going back.
Niether is there once you spray it with Rapid Remover. [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've done it with rapid prep..even though there is a big honkin orange sticka on it that sayz...PREP....
rapid remover huh? thats a big bummer! i keep remover in its original container whereas i buy the prep and tac by the gallon and put them in these blue spray bottles.
but boy there is a big difference in smell!

don't ya just hate when shyt like that happens!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I do......

I bought the Rapid Tac and the Rapid Remover in the quart size containers, so they are identical.
The Rapid Prep is in a gallon which I refill my sample bottle with.

My plotter is now happily mapping its way through a new stencil. [Roll Eyes]

I'm just glad to hear I'm not the only one Karyn.

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kelly. Although I've never done what you did, I have colour-coded my spray bottles by just using some offcut scraps of vinyl wrapped completely around the bottle. Red...for Remover Green ...for Tac Orange....for Prep. Once you get familiar with your own "code" you'll be far less likley to repeat such a boo-boo. I know that it doesn't help much with your current situation, but maybe this suggestion will help you out down the road. [Frown]

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881
e-mail: kjmlhenry@rogers.com

Why do I get all those on-line offers to sell me Viagara, when the only thing hardening is my arteries ?

Posts: 2684 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly, Since I know you have a Canadian Tire store somewhere around you...

Buy two or three empty WD 40 spray bottles. Wrap each bottle with whatever colour of vinyl you want and label each bottle. One for each Rapid product you use.

I carry mine in my kit and they ALWAYS go in and come out of the same location. If I happen to pick up the "black" one I immediately know I have Tac..if I pick up the white one I know I have remover...But locating them in the same place at all times works for me.

The BONUS is that those WD 40 sprayers last forever. I have been using mine for about 8 years now and they still work like they did when I bought them. (well except for the one that fell off a 20' ladder, couldn't get a warantee claim on that either!!! [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] )

I buy my Rapid stuff by the gallon so I don't get a spray bottle with them..and to tell the truth..I bet their sprayers aren't any where as good as the WD 40 sprayers anyway!!!

(How's that fer a challenge Roger??? [Rolling On The Floor] )

[ June 25, 2005, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Dave Grundy ]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8885 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I got different bottles in my last order? because Remover is the easiest to distinguish from the others - the label is blue, and the quart bottle is skinny and much taller than the other two.

Prep and Tac I can Identify not only because of the label color but also the level of the fluids in each bottle - I use more Tac than Prep because I really flood the Tac on.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get all the products by the gallon and fill up my own pressure type bottles. No pumping a handle for me!

Kelly, I've done the same thing you have countless times, even though I've clearly labeled my products. I need to try that band with a vibrant color technique!

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I repeat, the Rapid Tac & Prep solutions need to have more distinct colors. I hardly ever get Rapid Remover so I can't remember what color it is. I have accidentally used Prep for Tac. The re-labelling is a good idea & I plan to do that.
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

You're right Mike - the bottles are different - I have never noticed that. I still think there could be some more distinction especially between the teal "latex formula" RT and the RR.

I have marked mine now so it shouldn't happen again.

[ June 26, 2005, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Kelly Thorson ]

--------------------

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only one time I mixed them up and I was ready to call up the vinyl distributor, till I realized how haste makes waste! I felt so dumb. Glad it was only a small job and I had more brown vinyl!

What made me feel more competent was that later that week, I actually got all the tile off my bathroom floor with rapid remover instead of blood, sweat and tears of scraping!

I surely would like a little more info for those W-D bottles. I need something to store the rapid remover in from the gallon size.

[ June 27, 2005, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: Deb Fowler ]

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't sweat it kelly. I once brushed my teeth with Preparation H by mistake. Tasted terrible but I've never had any problems with swollen gums.

[Frown]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deb..The company that makes WD 40 sells it by the gallon also. They have brand new empty spray bottles with their logo on them. I just wrapped them with vinyl and labeled them.

You should be able to find them by calling a couple of automotive supply places like Car Quest or Napa or whatever.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8885 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Lynch
Resident

Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Lynch   Email Bill Lynch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about a big swig of dirty thinner instead of that coffee sitting next it, very tasty.

--------------------
Bill Lynch
Century Sign
Hamden, CT
centurysign@snet.net

Posts: 1126 | From: Hamden, CT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Dave G!
Steve! You need to watch those labels!!!!!!!!!
lol, it's like using the doggie beef flavored toothpaste, rufff! You crack me up. Just think, Steve, at least you didn't mix it up the other way around!

[ June 27, 2005, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Deb Fowler ]

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hay Steve glad your fealin better [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] Prep-H

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Sartain
Visitor
Member # 241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Sartain   Email Karen Sartain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol..Deb...how do we KNOW he didnt use it the other way around? Minty fresh....hhmm...nevermind, can't EVEN go there lol!!!

--------------------
Karen Sartain,'Pisel' on chat
11699 E Hwy 181
Willcox, Arizona 85643

We are not human beings on a spiritual journey.We are spiritual beings on a human journey."-Stephen Covey

Posts: 336 | From: Chiricahua National Monument, Az | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roger bailey
Merchant

Member # 556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roger bailey   Author's Homepage   Email roger bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry all, my wife and I were on Holiday in Mexico, just got back yesterday.

Kelly, yer just "movin too fast" the bottle we use for R.R. is completely different from all the others.
And, we decided a "color coded" system would be a benefit to users, ???????????????????????

Roger

--------------------
Roger Bailey
Rapid Tac Incorporated
186 Combs Dr.
Merlin Oregon

Posts: 3020 | From: Merlin Oregon | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean-Claude Theriault
Visitor
Member # 966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean-Claude Theriault         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can tell you that getting called out to work at 3am can result in you putting RUB-A535 on your toothbrush.

I washed my mouth all day and the burning never stopped for some 12 hours. Tho the good side was I didn't have any jaw aches that day.

Jean-Claude

--------------------
South End Signs
Jean-Claude Theriault
Halifax, NS

Posts: 172 | From: Halifax NS | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!