Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » 1shot paint supplier

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1shot paint supplier
Stan Yates
Visitor
Member # 3176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stan Yates   Email Stan Yates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can someone sugest a good sign supplier of 1 shot paint in florida or somewhere in the south. went down to a local retail store where i buy some and was shocked to see the price had rose 30 % in the last month.

--------------------
Stan Yates
Crocodile Creek Signs
PO Box 308
Waldo FLA 32694 crocodilecreeksigns@juno.com

Posts: 85 | From: waldo. fla | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're gonna see that increase everywhere, some suppliers may be quicker to update their prices than others. Can't remember what the percent was but I was told in Columbus that one-shot increased across the board.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stan..Do what the supplier does...increase your rates by 30%!!! [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

Seriously...Maybe it IS time to increase your rates a bit? [I Don t Know] [I Don t Know]

I don't use One-shot since I don't hand letter but from talking to others who do...isn't the cost of the paint a VERY small part of doing the job? Unlike vinyl, which is a very large part of the cost of doing the job?

Some have told me they can earn $2000-$5000 from a $10 can of one-shot?? I don't know if it is an exaggeration but even if it is $1000 from $10 worth of paint...hell I wouldn't sweat paying an extra $3!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8883 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
30% isn't exactly chicken feed!!!

If your buying gallons enmasse', that's a hella lot of extra money, which equates to alot more work to justify it.

RAISE YOUR RATES TO MATCH!!!!! (show me the rule that says you can't or shouldn't)

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
with everything going up in price why would anyone work so cheaply as the prices I've seen quoted here on the BB.

And yes Dave, I've used way less the a 1/4 pint of 1-Shot to make a grand or two.

[ June 12, 2005, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Joey Madden ]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan Yates
Visitor
Member # 3176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stan Yates   Email Stan Yates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so mean while back at the ranch. does any one know of a good 1 shot paint supplier in the south.perhaps if i was painting nipples on a eqiptian mummy i could make 2 thousand dollars out of a can of paint but there arent many mummys around now days.

--------------------
Stan Yates
Crocodile Creek Signs
PO Box 308

Posts: 85 | From: waldo. fla | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Stan,
Aluma-Panel recently opened up a new warehouse in Moultrie,Ga. I know they deliver in the Tallahassee,FL and other panhandle areas.Of course they will ship UPS if you aren't close enough for delivery. Just checked the map..Aluma-Panel is 166 miles northwest of you. Weren't you at the last Hog Town meet in Gainesville?
One Shot Fire Red and other colors are $15.04 a pint to give you an idea of their prices.Black and white are $10.81 a pint. The metallic are more.
They carry One Shot lettering,bullentin, and other background paints and primers.
Here's their toll free number:
(866) 608-9746
www.alumapanel.com
Talk to Don Parrish and tell him I sent you.
Judy

[ June 12, 2005, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Judy Pate ]

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Branscum
Visitor
Member # 445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Branscum   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Branscum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tubelite.com

--------------------
Barry Branscum

Master's Touch
DESIGNS
www.masterstouchsigns.com

no, my signshop website is not finished....still.

218 Hwy 65 B
Clinton, AR

Posts: 2500 | From: Clinton, AR USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan Yates
Visitor
Member # 3176

Thanks judy, Ill give them a call.

--------------------
Stan Yates
Crocodile Creek Signs
PO Box 308

Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stan...AlumaPanel only comes as far south as Starke or High Springs. Call Tubelite in Orlando...they deliver to Gainesville 2x a week...1-800-432-8526. Alumapanel is good too, you'll just have to drive a little...I think Carl's Signs would let you get it delivered there (Starke).

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!