Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Jill's Jamboree! (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Jill's Jamboree!
Al Checca
Visitor
Member # 2216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Checca   Email Al Checca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Ackerson:
I can bring a splitter and regulator valve.
It will be set up with a quick snap adapter. (1/4", I think)

That would be perfect if ya don't mind... [Cool]

--------------------
Al Checca
Kidney dialysis Pt.
wizard42171967@yahoo.com

Posts: 261 | From: Latrobe just outside Pittsburgh Pa in Latrobe | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Checca
Visitor
Member # 2216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Checca   Email Al Checca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Don Coplen:
I'd pick up a Y connector, but it would probably raise some eyebrows goin through the xray machine. LOL

I'm sure it would now....Not worth the trouble, If we need something I run for it. Thank you! [Cool]

--------------------
Al Checca
Kidney dialysis Pt.
wizard42171967@yahoo.com

Posts: 261 | From: Latrobe just outside Pittsburgh Pa in Latrobe | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I so glad to hear you'll be giving us a peek at the meet. Thanks, Don. [Applause]
How are you doing Jill, you sound pumped and yet quite relaxed. Not seeing you two is my biggest regret about not being able to make this one. Make sure you have a good time...I know it's hard work putting on a meet.
Oh .....and .....Oooohhhh...its a Canadian....give him a hug for me. [Razz]
Have a great one.
Love Jelly Belly
[Group Hug]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just checked the weather for this weekend in Emlenton, right near Eau Claire. Around 60 degrees at night, 81 Friday, & upper 70's Saturday & Sunday. Only a 30 & 40% chance of thunderstorms. Lately when they say that, we don't gett'um, it is hit & miss, or they just don't come.

Look'in good!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
60 degrees!!!!! YIKES!

Is it too early to buy a snowmobile outfit up there? And do they make them my size? I know I'm gonna need fur earmuffs and insulated gloves.

If it snows, will anybody be bringing sleds?

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Don, you got me laughing so hard!!!! That is funny! I laugh as I type! Do you OWN any mittens????? [Rolling On The Floor]

Hey, my hubby turns 34 on friday! No kidding, he will have to celebrate his birthday up there with us! I know he is bringing his Budweiser up with him, for sure. He likes it, but I quit that stuff years ago. [Smile]

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faye welsh
Visitor
Member # 2524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faye welsh   Email faye welsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don has a ride. all is well, i hope. catalin,too.:)fiddles, jillbean's sis

--------------------
Faye Welsh (fiddles)
4848 cherry street
allison park, pa. 15101
fiddles51@yahoo.com

Posts: 259 | From: 4848 Cherry St. Allison Park,Pa. 15101 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news, Faye! Thank you. This news definitely relieves a lot of stress.

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Ackerson
Visitor
Member # 3224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Ackerson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Ackerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No sweat Al.

Spoke with Ray. I'll bring what I have and hit NAPA for another.

Just be sure to take care of 33 for the thirsty people. [Smile]

Fiddles, YOU ROCK!

--------------------
Alan Ackerson
LetterWorks Design and Graphics
alan@ack2.com

Posts: 776 | From: Oak Ridge, NJ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

quote:
Originally posted by Bobbie Rochow:
Oh, Don, you got me laughing so hard!!!! That is funny! I laugh as I type! Do you OWN any mittens?????

I gave all of my winter coats to friends before I moved down here. I don't plan to ever visit family there in the wintertime.

[Razz]

--------------------

Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Checca
Visitor
Member # 2216

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Ackerson:
No sweat Al.

Spoke with Ray. I'll bring what I have and hit NAPA for another.

Just be sure to take care of 33 for the thirsty people. [Smile]

Fiddles, YOU ROCK!

You bet ! I have that covered!!!

--------------------
Al Checca
Kidney dialysis Pt.
wizard42171967@yahoo.com

Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

-

--------------------

Alan Ackerson
Visitor
Member # 3224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Ackerson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Ackerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better bring the long pappys with you Don.

Enjoy it! I think it hit 140 degrees at the Mars meet.

--------------------
Alan Ackerson
LetterWorks Design and Graphics
alan@ack2.com

Posts: 776 | From: Oak Ridge, NJ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

I have a couple light jackets and several pairs of jeans, so shouldn't be unbearable. It sounds like January weather, and that's not a bad thing.

--------------------

Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 more days!!

Hey Bob Kaschak!!

We got your package of paint in the mail today! We'll have it all there for ya.

Stevo

--------------------
Stevo Design
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Stevo, you guys are great. Can't wait!

Peace out,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1873 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Hey, the weather looks better & better, maybe we will have another heat wave..... [Frown]

Remember, you can always put more on to keep warm, but you can take everything off & still be as hot as all get out!

I'd rather be a bit cool, eh?

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

-

--------------------

Dana Bowers
Resident

Member # 780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Bowers   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about fishing?

Do you need a weekender license or something?

--------------------
Dana Ferry
St Cloud, MN

Posts: 1556 | From: St Cloud, MN | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WAHOO!!!
The truck's back and being loaded tonight.

Cat, wait'll you see the taxi! [Smile]

Rick B and John M, the panels are coming along for the ride. (Hey, Rocky! This time for sure!)

300th post Stevo and Jill. The excitment continues to build.

See ya in 2...yes only 2...sleeps.
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Matyjakowski   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Matyjakowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody need a room?
I've had one reserved at that Elmenton motor place since like April.
Now that it's just gonna be me an the boy ... and the weather looks good we are planning on tenting ... got the air mattress patched and ready to go (I hope)
I don't wanna just cancel it if someone needs it.

Now I just gotta get through the next couple of days ... work has been heavy stress trying to get my *&^% done to go (taking next week off too)
but come Thursday evening I don't want to even think about signs ... got "signs" to play with

--------------------
Compulsive, Neurotic, Anti-social and Paranoid ... but basically Happy

Posts: 2677 | From: Rochester, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catherine is here!
The meet has already started for me.
Doing last-minute grocery shopping today & delivering one last job. Then I'm breaking out the hair dye!

FYI there is some construction at the airport, for departures, there is a ramp detour on Route 60. Just follow the signs and you'll be fine, but allow for extra time on your way home.

See yins tomorrow!
Love.....Jill

[ August 17, 2005, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Jill Marie Welsh ]

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click on this link for directions from the airport to I-79 North.

This behemouth thread has all the details you'll need, from hotel accomodations to sites for shopping. Just go back to page 1 and see, there are links everywhere.

I do have a cell phone in case of emergency, but I don't feel like posting the number on the net! The actual phone number at the camp is 814-385-6271. But ONLY call it if you have an emergency because my uncle might get mad at me if the phone rings all day for the next 4 days!

PM me if you want my cell #, it is a Verizon and I do have that In-Network plan. But cells only work in certain spots up in the hills.

Love....Jill [Smile]
PS Thanks again to everyone for coming to the Jamboree, and for helping, and to all our sponsors.

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone got room in their suitcase for me.....? [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure Kelly...hurry on down here...got a BIG suitcase! I'll squaaze ya in somehow!

[Smile]

[ August 17, 2005, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Si Allen ]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Checca
Visitor
Member # 2216

Just wanted to say picked up the beer and the trailer is loaded. Waiting for the last couple of bicycles. We will see you all tommorow.

--------------------
Al Checca
Kidney dialysis Pt.
wizard42171967@yahoo.com

Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Matyjakowski   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Matyjakowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I don't have a room not being used ... one of you'z already using it.

When I made the reservations months ago (I was the 2nd one reserved) the guy that wrote the reservation f'd up.
I specifically asked the guy if they wanted a CC# (because I thought it was weird he didn't ask and I had in hand waiting) he said "no, don't need it, once I write it in the book your all good".

Today the lady tells me they didn't hold the reservations because I didn't call back with a CC# (like reservations are a multi step process).
She said the guy who screwed up the reservations "must have been the boss' brother" (I'm guessing the guys not the sharpest knife in the drawer)

Now, if I would have showed up Friday with my wife, as originally planned, carrying luggage ... that woulda sucked, more than a little.

--------------------
Compulsive, Neurotic, Anti-social and Paranoid ... but basically Happy

Posts: 2677 | From: Rochester, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just received a very cool door prize from Billy Pickett in the mail today! Also got some samples from Extira for yins to jam on and try out.

Thanx folks!

It's buzzing around here already. We'll be there on site for the early birds tommorow and putting Alan Ackerson to work! Not sure how much sleep I'm gonna get tonite.

See yins SOON!

Stevo

--------------------
Stevo Design
www.stevo-design.com

Nicola Rowlands
Visitor
Member # 5371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicola Rowlands   Email Nicola Rowlands       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can feel your buzzin from here...stevo & jill
have a great time folks [Smile]

nik

--------------------
Nicola Rowlands
RGS Signs & Screenprinting
Reval Green
Finavon By Forfar
Angus scotland
01307 850 260

'learn from the mistakes of others..you can't live long enough to make them yourself'

Posts: 108 | From: scotland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the heads-up on the motel Mark!

After reading that hey didn't have a reservation for you, I figured I better call em up and check our status. (I couldn't remember if they asked for a CC number or not)

I guess I must have given them one...We are confirmed...You had me worried for a minute there Mark! Neither Shirl nor I are "campers".

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just called to confirm our reservation and we are good to go!
Whoever said "plan a vacation and you'll get busy" was 100% right! 10 hour days at work and another 4-6 at home for almost 2 weeks straight [Frown]
Anyway, are there any excursions planned for the spouses? My wife is interested in visiting a local winery or just about anything that involves spending money [Smile]
We should be there Friday afternoon, sometime between 2 and 4.

Havin' fun,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Smith
Resident

Member # 1308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Smith   Email John Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
never mind.... I was looking for the directions page.... and found it.... in amidst 311 posts !!

I'm outa here at noon Thursday.

[ August 17, 2005, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: John Smith ]

--------------------
John Smith
Kings Bay Signs (Retired)
Kissimmee, Florida

Posts: 816 | From: Central Florida - The Sunshine State | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Got 2 last minute Fair jobs to finish, & I am up right now trying to do them so I can make a pattern for my panel tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off and running...err...driving. Beautiful day to be cruising through the Berkshires.

Made it to Catherine's without incident this afternoon. I got a personal tour of the Shaker Village in Pittsfield, AM and met some freindly folks at their employee picnic. The vacation's off to a great start.

We'll be heading out early in the morning and hope to get to the campground by 6PM or so.
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Neurohr
Resident

Member # 2470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Neurohr   Email Mark Neurohr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait to meet everybody!!

Alan, you gettin' yer beauty sleep (Yer gonna need it Pal)!!

Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Mark Neurohr "Ernest"
Paintin' Place
141 Sunnyside Road
Kittanning, PA 16201

724-859-0859
mneurohr3@yahoo.com

Posts: 992 | From: Kittanning, Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alan orta be here in about an hour. He is worse than a kid the day before the night before Christmas!
But so am I.
The hair dye is processing as I type!
Catherine just went to bed, she has a bit of jet lag.
The food is all bought, we just have to load up the trucks in the morning.
Brian, I put links for shopping and such early on in this thread, there are outlets at Grove City and also a nifty village called Volant.
Just scroll back...
Gonna check my email and go to bed as soon as Alan gets here! Not with Alan tho.
Love....Jill

Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Well, we're leaving soon....have TONS of stuff to load up.
Alan got in around 12:30 am, safe & sound.
Just so that there is no confusion, as mentioned earlier, there are directions both on the future meets page in Letterville as well as on the very first page of this thread.
It's pretty much I-80 to exit 42, Emlenton, ¼ mile of Route 38, turn left onto Route 208, turn right at first traffic light in the village of Lisbon, and look for signs. There's plenty of 'em.
See yins soon.
Love.....Jill

Camille
Visitor
Member # 501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camille         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7am Thursday - I'm packing now - headed out the door at noon - 3hr drive to Middleburg PA to see old friends - staying there the night - then out their door in the am - should take 3.5hrs from their house. Will see you all early friday afternoon!!!! Looking forward to it!

--------------------
signs

Posts: 535 | From: pa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Meeks & I will be heading out of here at about 6pm. We will drive all night and be there in the AM.
I am JUICED about getting out of here and enjoying a great meet.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!