Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Selling Domain Names

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Selling Domain Names
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure most of you know that my health is less than perfect. There are some things I want to do while I still have the health to enjoy them. The time has come to sell a few assets.

We own 4 domain names. Letterhead.com, Letterville.com, Signman.com and Letterheads.com. Barb and I have made a decision to sell 2 of these domain names. The names are signman.com and letterheads.com.

Do any of you have any experience in selling domain names? We've talked with a few random brokers located online and the selling prices are all over the map. We're open for suggestions.

Please note that the names that we are selling have nothing to do with Letterville. These are domain names that are not being used.

A note on my heart condition. I have voluteered to take part in a new study being done here in Canada. This Monday, I am going to have a heart defibrillator implanted inside my chest. It's being done in London, Ontario and I'll be in and out the same day.

Defibrillator/pacemakers have been around for years. Now there is a new model available that may have some additional benefits. 1500 people are involved in this study. Half will get the old model and half the new. We won't know which one we have, but over the coming months and hopefully years, they will learn if the new model is worth the extra money and work involved.

For anyone interested, there is some info on heart defibrillators at http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3009582

I'm off to read it myself. [Smile]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve, not to steal your post but I was once in a study regarding ED and had to use these tiny blue pills while living with a younger gal some years back, bottom line was that they X'ed my honey and I within the first month for over abusing something or another, oh well. Hope everything goes well for you [Smile]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Steve, not to say anything bad or, well we all have a destination. Since you bring this up. I know it's about a websites and your test that you are going to go through and not about what I am saying but...You really do have something here. Some of us will go sooner then others, and others later, later. I hope you're in the later, later section. You have brought up an awesome site here. One thing I have always wondered when I first heard of your health condition. Because this site has brought alot for me in more ways than one. I am sure for others too.
Have you made a will or 'just in case' about what happens to Lettervile? I know Barb is your right hand, and she would alot in control. But you also have a BIG crowd here, that like myself the first thing I do when I start my morning is get my cup of coffee and check out the BB. I hope you don't take my question wrong, We have met a few times so I feel like I can ask that. If I'm wrong...excuse me for asking, but have you thought about it?

[ June 07, 2005, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: FranCisco Vargas ]

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve,
Go to the Domain name sites and offer them up
at those locations.
What have you got to lose by just asking a
question?

CrazyJack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with the procedure Steve - tell 'em to add some RAM while they're in there.......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question Cisco. I do have a will in place, but the time will probally come when Letterville will need to be passed on to a future generation. I've always had a small list of people I would like to see take ownership and improve what we have created here together with you. I hope to see that happen before my demise. One less thing to worry about. [Smile]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes for your procedure-

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Antonelli
Resident

Member # 86

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Antonelli   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Antonelli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve - try BuyDomains.com - a little more reputable from what I know of them--

Good luck on procedure buddy-

Dan

--------------------
Dan Antonelli
Graphic D-Signs, Inc.
279 Route 31 South • Suite 4
Washington, NJ
www.graphicd-signs.com
dan@graphicd-signs.com

"Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies. But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be." - Rush

Posts: 1192 | From: Washington, NJ | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janet Bakewell
Visitor
Member # 725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janet Bakewell   Author's Homepage   Email Janet Bakewell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with everything, Steve - I hope it all works out well for you!

Janet

--------------------
Janet Bakewell
One Sun Grafiks Inc.
Slave Lake, AB Canada
www.onesungrafiks.com

Posts: 128 | From: Slave Lake, AB Canada | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felix Marcano   Author's Homepage   Email Felix Marcano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck, Steve.

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

Work hard, party like a tourist!

Posts: 2274 | From: Luquillo, Puerto Rico, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our thoughts will be with you and Barb. [Group Hug]

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Steve,

on the serious side, when are you going in? Keep us posted. check your email. luv, Deb

[ June 09, 2005, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Deb Fowler ]

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camille
Visitor
Member # 501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camille         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you Steve!!!

--------------------
signs

Posts: 535 | From: pa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Aston
Visitor
Member # 1725

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Jon Aston   Email Jon Aston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve:

If you're not in a major hurry to unload those domain names (and/or want to get as much value for them as possible), you might want to think about planning an auction -- hosted right here, in Letterville.

The idea would be to turn your auction into an industry event that would attract a broad cross section of interest from within the industry...which is the only place your domain names (or any others who decide to participate - see below) have any great value.

Issue news releases to all of the sign industry trade mags that you're planning to host a domain name auction on a specific date in future and inviting their readers to auction off any domain names that they've been sitting on. There may be plenty of them out there. Industry vendors probably have a few each. Even better if you can plan a series of monthly news releases.

In the process, you may draw a little extra new traffic to Letterville. Other newbies and people who only check-in occassionally will also need to know about the event. Consider a banner add to temporarily replace the current one for the auction block - maybe one that counts down the days to the event...linked to a promotional page. Think about offering some pre-registration benefits (I don't know what, off the cuff) in return for a small fee. Update registrants through occassional e-mails and the rest of us through posts that occassionally give a count of the number of sign-related domain names that will be up for grabs on the big day. Don't reveal what any of the names are...people should have to check-in on auction day to find out.

(editted to add one other thought that came to mind...when you pick your date, give yourself enough time to wade through this list...visiting websites and sending personalized invitations by phone, or through by e-mail through their general e-mail addresses. I'm willing to bet that you could find more-than-a-few volunteers here, in Letterville to help you. If you go the volunteer route, make sure that everyone sticks to the same "script")

You get the idea.

Wishing you well,

[ June 09, 2005, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Jon Aston ]

--------------------
Jon Aston
MARKETING PARTNERS
"Strategy, Marketing and Business Development"
Tel 705-719-9209

Posts: 1724 | From: Barrie, ON, CANADA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve,
I hope everything goes well. I'm glad to see that you are taking part in something that will make you feel better. Some people just don't do anything until it is too late or they never get around to it at all. We will be praying for you.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!