Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » plotter question......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: plotter question......
Vance Galliher
Visitor
Member # 581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vance Galliher   Author's Homepage   Email Vance Galliher       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will an older model Graphtec plotter (1990) cut from Coreldraw 9 ? I have asked Howard at Graphtec, but know one really knows.....Thanks for any info

--------------------
vance galliher
springfield,or
http://www.vancegallihersigns.com

Posts: 324 | From: springfield,or. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roland Camm-1s will, but I've no idea about a Graphtec.
On the other hand, SignTools 3, a Corel plug-in will let you plot directly to any plotter I think, but I only have #2.
Co-cut is a bridging program too, but others know more than me about it- ask Curtis!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Co-cut is a bridging program
Cocut Pro is NOT a bridging program. It is a full addin for Corel draw that takes draw into the sign cutting theater.

Some definitions'

Plugin

Plugin
An option which is integrated in the menu structure of a host program, such as Word, AutoCAD, CorelDRAW, etc.. It works like a generic part of its host program. Plugins add to and enhace host program functions. The range of functions is extended with enhaced tools, e.g. welding, outline, cutting, which are originally not fully usable in a host program.

Advantages:
Make it easier for inexperienced users to work with the host program
* If the user is familiar with the host program, it does not take long to learn to use the plugin
* Makes a host program is specially tailored to sign-making requirements
* Experienced users can also carry out sign-making jobs faster and more efficiently using the host program
* Cutting plugins such as CoCut Professional can make the host program into an almost full-range alternative sign program

* Unlike the brige or printer drivers, which can only run a special family of plotters, cutting plugins have their own drivers for all the common plotters on the market from different manufacturers

Definitions;;

Bridge Program

Bridge Program
Stand-alone sign-making program including plotter drive, which can be started by exporting data from another program. It is not integrated into the menu structure of another program. Often lite versions of sign programs with a limited range of functions
Advantage:

Disadvantage:

* Unlike the plugin, the bridge program is not integrated into the menu structure of another program, i.e. the user has to operate two programs.
* Unlike the sign program, the bridge program often lacks elementary tools (such as a text editor) which make it possible to work without using another program.

If Graphtec has a Serial Port then not likely will corel drive it alone.

Now,, will Cocut operate a Graphtec plotter..
Here is a list of drivers for Graphtec cutters
Graphtec
Or, you can checlk yourself
http://cocut.com/index.dml
(HPGL) old (19.06.1995)
CE 1000-60 (HPGL) (06.04.2000)
FC Series (GPGL) (19.06.1995)
FC4100-100 (HPGL) (06.04.2000)
FC4100-130 (HPGL) (06.04.2000)
FC4100-75 (HPGL) (06.04.2000)
JX 1060 (HPGL) (06.04.2000)
JX 1130 (HPGL) (06.04.2000)
Sign Jet series (27.06.2000)
w/o sprocket feed old (20.04.1995)

[ May 15, 2005, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Curtis hammond ]

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[I Don t Know] oops...sorry, I was just trying to help!
Thanks for the definitions! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew Gourvelos
Visitor
Member # 1425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew Gourvelos   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Gourvelos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Vance,
Our Corel Draw add-on SignTools will allow you to cut directly from Corel Draw on all Graphtec models, including early ones. You can try the fully functional demo version to see if you like it. Below is a link to the trial version.

SignTools 3 Demo

Also below are links to the Graphtec setup notes pages.

CE1000-50 CE1000-60
CE3000-40
CE3000-60
CE3000-60
FC2100-50
FC2100-60
FC2100-120

Regards
Andrew

--------------------
Andrew Gourvelos
A Signs
Sydney, NSW,
Australia

Posts: 104 | From: Sydnet, NSW Australia | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!