Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT - Anybody watch the show 24?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT - Anybody watch the show 24?
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and I watch it religiously every Monday night. It's funny, Clay usually doesn't care if he misses an episode of a show that he likes but he's really bummed if he thinks he missed 24.

Anyway, we went out for Japanese food in Palm Springs last night and who's sitting at the sushi bar with some very pretty woman but Louis Lombardi - the guy who plays CTU Computer Analyst Edgar Stiles. [Cool]

[ May 14, 2005, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Kimberly Zanetti ]

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Purcell
Visitor
Member # 1140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Purcell   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Purcell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
24 is definately one of the best of the genre.

I was hooked last year, but I stopped watching after about 3 episodes this season, 'cuz it's hard for me to schedule my evenings around tv.

I saw season 2 on dvd, and it was sooo much better that way, that I decided to wait this season out and get the box set next year.

--------------------
Steve Purcell
Purcell Woodcarving & Signmaking
Cape Cod, MA

Intelligent Design Is No Accident

Posts: 900 | From: Cape Cod, MA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you Steve,
I cannot watch a show live anymore. I tape them all and then FF through the commercials. Also, most of the shows I enjoy are on at 9 or 10pm and usually by then I'm in bed reading a book. The only things I watch live are baseball games or the news.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
Folsom, CA

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kiefer sure seems to get off on torturing people this season.

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
24, and CSI are t he only things worth watching But I will never miss 24.. I cant wait till July when the new Stargates and Battlestar Galataca are out on Si FI.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camille
Visitor
Member # 501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camille         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're loving 24!!!! Also Medium and The Contender! And who can forget Desperate Housewives & American Idol!!!! Those shows are all I watch on tv! I didn't realize 24 is an old show - I'll have to rent the previous seasons. WHEHEW something to watch this summer! Can't wait for Sopranos!!!!!

--------------------
signs

Posts: 535 | From: pa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorites in order. CSI, 24, CSI Miami, NCIS.

I skipped last season of 24. I feel this season is the best ever. This year they complete at least something in the sequence every week instead of total cliff hanger like previous seasons.

I'm trying to figure out though. The main characters never eat or go to the bathroom. Maybe it's because so many secondary characters in previous seasons were killed when they went to the jon. [Rolling On The Floor]

Forgot to mention, I Tivo everything. I watch 60 minutes of 24 in just over 40 minutes.

[ May 15, 2005, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Dave Sherby ]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5398 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, they do it the same way as at the Oscars.

When one of the main charactors needs a bathroom break, they bring in a stand-in till they get back.

"instead of a total cliffhanger?" The bad guys launched a missile with a nuke aboard just as the credits ran last Monday..and we don't even have a clue where it's aimed!

Just absolutely love that show.

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Purcell
Visitor
Member # 1140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Purcell   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Purcell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you guys are gonna give away the plot, then I'm putting my hands over my ears.

--------------------
Steve Purcell
Purcell Woodcarving & Signmaking
Cape Cod, MA

Intelligent Design Is No Accident

Posts: 900 | From: Cape Cod, MA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops...sorry, Steve.

Ya may do better puttin your hands over your eyes, though.

Hey, wait a minute here! We can't discuss the plot for what, 6 months after the final episode? Good luck on that dream.

[ May 15, 2005, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Don Coplen ]

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Modzel
Resident

Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Modzel   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Modzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NCIS is my favorite this yearbut 24 is a real thrill ride. The only thing that bugs me is the occasional "dumb" move that is totally out of character like not disarming the "dead" bad guys in the gun store standoff. I think that Jack brings out the hidden frustration in all of us sometimes.

--------------------
Bill Modzel
Mod-Zel screen Printing
Traverse city, MI
modzel@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1357 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else disappointed in last night's finale? The final 3 hours (last week and then last night)seemed like it had nothing to do with the rest of the show. The first 21 hours they're in this game of wits with "Marwan" and the terrorists and the last 3 hours so much of it was just the Chinese throwing a hissy fit. The whole Chinese thing kinda came out of left field and I felt like they barely wrapped up the main plot. [Frown]

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
Folsom, CA

Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Disclaimer: Steve Purcell, if you click on this link again, it's your own fault and not ours.

Kimberly, I thought the last 3 hours were as good as the rest. There were plot twists through the entire 24 hours, so I didn't see the change in direction out of sync with the rest. Personally, I enjoyed that I couldn't guess what would happen next throughout the story. That's genuinely rare in a TV series, or even a big budget movie.

Sorry you were disappointed. Glad that I wasn't. I woulda been pretty damned disappointed if I'd been disappointed. [Wink]

Now...the next 24 begins in January. I'm anxious to see what a mess President Logan makes between now and then. Anybody that doesn't like GW should count their lucky stars that we don't have Logan in the White House. I think I've worked for a couple President Logan's in the past. lol

--------------------

Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Don,
It was still better than most tv shows out there without a doubt. I wanted to reach right into the tv and strangle Logan with my bare hands...then the Chinese guy!

It just seemed strange to me that one minute (or 21 hours) the Arabs are the bad guys and then it's the Chinese. Kinda like real life though I guess, right? I would have liked to have seen a tiny bit more interaction between Jack and Marwan.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
Folsom, CA

Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Very much like real life, Kimberly. For me, the Chinese threw a wrench into the works for Jack Bauer, which kept with the 24 theme. The entire series was one wrench after another.

As far as interaction between Jack and Marwan...Marwan did his best to cut Jack's hand clean off in the finale. I'd say what interaction there was pretty darned intense.

All in all, I was very happy to have watched the entire series. Even though the edge of my seat is threadbare now.

Idea for the next 24 story: CTU contacts Jack, needing help to stop an assasination plot on Logan. Jack tells them to go screw themselves. End of story. OK...that won't fill 24 hours, but maybe they could fill the remaining 23hrs55min with highlights from the first 3 seasons.

--------------------

Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

FYI: if anyone is interested...rather than buying the first 3 seasons individually (for about $50 per season), you can get all 3 together on Amazon for $119.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
Folsom, CA

Camille
Visitor
Member # 501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camille         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kim,
What a great show - we loved it from start to finish. Funny I was thinking that the old director of CTU (what was her name)- the one whose daughter committed suicide seemed so long ago! Think I'll rent the 1st 3 seasons!

--------------------
signs

Posts: 535 | From: pa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

I don't think they're available for rent anywhere. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen them at Blockbuster. It would make sense if they don't...how would you watch 24 hours of content, plus outtakes, interviews and whatever else would be included, before the dvd was due back?

--------------------

Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

No, I'm pretty sure you can't rent them.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
Folsom, CA

Paul McDowell
Visitor
Member # 5092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul McDowell   Author's Homepage   Email Paul McDowell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Netflix has them for sure... Blockbuster online has them as well.

They rent by disk, about four episodes at a time. Band of Brothers, Deadwood, The Shield and others are all available for rent like this.

--------------------
Paul McDowell
7 Hills Signs
Virginia

Posts: 84 | From: Lynchburg, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Cool...thanks for the info Paul!

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
Folsom, CA

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!