Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Earth Day Signs?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Earth Day Signs?
Wm. J. Krupinski
Visitor
Member # 1746

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Wm. J. Krupinski   Email Wm. J. Krupinski       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings and Salutations Fellow Earthlings!

My questions today are; Have you had any special jobs relating to Earth Day (cool banners, pro or con protest signs, etc...), and are you doing anything special today or this weekend to acknowledge this event?

Also, what do YOU do to clear the fumes from yer head after a week of sucking up solvents (aside from sucking up suds, that is...)?

Enquiring minds want to know!!

--------------------
Wm. J. Krupinski
ArtFirst Studio
Jefferson, WI
kruptoons@yahoo.com

Posts: 95 | From: Jefferson, WI USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
California opens first organic cemetery
Business is booming for California's first organic cemetery in Marin County, where a lot of people reportedly want to become a tree after death.

Entrepreneur Tyler Cassity purchased a languishing 33-acre Mill Valley cemetery in August for $495,000 and reopened it as Forever Fernwood.
Since then, more than 100 people have been buried "organically," with biodegradable coffins, the Sacramento Bee reported Wednesday. And 500 others are on a waiting list to buy a plot along a network of trails that lead to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area.

"So many people want to be a tree," said Cassity. "We're doing nothing new; we're just adding some enhanced meaning to death." Pointing out
ecological concerns over traditional cemeteries' heavy water use and runoff tainted with embalming fluid, Fernwood bans formaldehyde. It allows no markers other than trees, stones or wildflowers for graves.

GPS-equipped laptops use satellite technology to guide grieving relatives to their loved ones' unmarked plots. "The Internet is a part of our chapel," Cassity said.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6714 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Los Pintores Locos

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wm. J. Krupinski
Visitor
Member # 1746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wm. J. Krupinski   Email Wm. J. Krupinski       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack--

Loco para todo tiempo, eh amigo?

So what crazy thing are you doing today, Jack?

--------------------
Wm. J. Krupinski
ArtFirst Studio
Jefferson, WI
kruptoons@yahoo.com

Posts: 95 | From: Jefferson, WI USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This afternoon I am hitting the road, driving to Long Beach CA for the weekend.

In L.B. I'll be at the beach with 100 other guys racing their fuel-sucking jetskis.

Happy Earth Day. [Smile]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!