Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » THANKS John Meeks and Donald Thompson !!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THANKS John Meeks and Donald Thompson !!
John Smith
Resident

Member # 1308

Icon 16 posted      Profile for John Smith   Email John Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW !!
What an awesome time !! Thank you for inviting us and going to all that trouble of offering such a large shop for the weekend !! I for one, was overwhelmed by how smoothly it all went. Looking forward to NEXT year !!!
And that there HAWG was INCREDIBLE !!!

--------------------
John Smith
Kings Bay Signs (Retired)
Kissimmee, Florida

Posts: 816 | From: Central Florida - The Sunshine State | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I go along with that same "Thanks and Congratulations" for a job well done!

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy chatham
Resident

Member # 525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy chatham   Email jimmy chatham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was a great
meet with great
food.
thanks.

--------------------
Jimmy Chatham
Chatham Signs
468 stark st
Commerce, Ga 30529

Posts: 1766 | From: Commerce, GA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Donald, Ryan, and John...a real good meet. I am somewhat intimidated by the great talent on display at this meet, especially all the stripers in attendance. It was a rare opportunity to see some real panel jammin' with the likes of Jim Norris, Mark Peters, Joe Buck, Tramp Warner, Roland Pena, Chris Palmateer,Dan D.,and Sal Cabrera, and Ryan Young,just to name a few. And I got to see my friend Don Eckland from Ky....did you see his glue chip portfolio?? Nice. And the fellow from Greenville with the airbrush work..Wow.

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto, here.
John, Donald and Fred were great hosts and as usual, a wealth of talent and friendship were evident all weekend. Thanks also to John Smith for his famous Dixie Roadkill Omelets - "Have Grill, Will Travel"

Also on hand to amaze and delight were Dusty Yaxley, Jim Norris, The Joe Buck, Rodger MacMunn, Sal with a Gorilla Glue demo, Rodney Early, Danz, Mark Peters and Ryan Young. The Florida contingent was strong with Chris and Roland from Tampa, and Jeff Ogden rolling in from Gainesville.

The usual suspects were there: Judy and Roger, Marty and Si, Jimmy Chatham, Roger DiNofa, Timi, Shep, Lil' Stumpy, Nancie Phillips and her son Michael, who left with a custom Indocil Art bass guitar.

Mileage awards should go to Bob and Marcia Peach, Tramp, Val, the MacMunns, and of course, Si and Marty from California. My apologies for all the people I haven't mentioned here - my brain is still brimming with new things I want to try.

Notably, the interest shown by various suppliers was phenomenal. Carter and Vince of Aluma-Panel, Ted Gore from West Systems, Cindy from Classic Signs, the OneShot and House of Kolor guys, as well as US Banner and our hosts from Everwood.

Two thoughts keep recurring to me after this meet:
1. The people who I admire and consider to be on that upper echelon level of experience and achievement in this biz are just as amazed and gratified by the whole Letterhead spirit as I am.
2. I sure love the smell of One Shot and mineral spirits.

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks John,Donald, and Ryan! You did a great job and the food was awesome. John Smith out did himself on the food. I'll post pictures later.I got my striper out and got a lessons on how to hold the brush. Gonna take a some practice though.
Anybody know why Catalin wasn't at the Dixie meet? I hope all is well.
Judy

[ April 11, 2005, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Judy Pate ]

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger DiNofa
Visitor
Member # 2781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger DiNofa   Email Roger DiNofa       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Donald and John for an awesome weekend! This meet was especially humbling with all the talent that was there. I learned so much in such a short time I'm still trying to sort it out.
I'd just like to say that I missed Sheila,Jill,Harris, and of course Rapid Ray at this meet. Bob and Marcia I hope you both got back to the cape safely.
Jim Norris Rocks!

--------------------
Roger DiNofa
Hattiesburg, MS

Posts: 147 | From: Hattiesburg, MS | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx Roger...I missed me there too . . .

Can y'all have again in a coupl'a weeks?? [Razz]

Sounds like y'all did it up good!!!
Can't wait to see the pix!!!

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catalin Dretcanu
Visitor
Member # 4136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catalin Dretcanu   Email Catalin Dretcanu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear friends,
I'm so sorry that I can't came at Dixie Meet. Sorry to all of you! [Frown]
I had 2 options:
- to go to Dixie and meet you
- to go to Phoenix to see my girlfriend this weekend because start to Tuesday I will start to work here in Las Vegas as sign designer and vinyls applicator. I didn't see my girlfriend since 1 October 2004.
My plan was to go to Dixie, but Wendsday when I must to take the airplane to Dixie I realized that I don't have the money to can afford this meet. So, I help Frank Magoo with a project here in Las Vegas and Saturday he gave money. To go to Dixie was too late, so I decided to go to see my girlfriend(she called me Friday night and beg mr to come to see her). After I will start my job here I really don't know when I will be able to go to see her.
But don't worry, I'll go to Jill Meet with Frank Magoo and if the work will permit me I will go to Mazeppa Meet, too.
Please believe me that I tried and I wanted to go to Dixie Meet.
Catalin

--------------------
Catalin Dretcanu
TIPART GROUP Ltd
www.tipart.ro
Address: Bucharest, ROMANIA
Phone: +40 722 621 512
E-mail: catad@yahoo.com

"Do or do not...there is no try"

Posts: 83 | From: Bucharest, ROMANIA (Europe) | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like another good Dixie meet pulled off! Nice work Donald and John!

Catalin...let us know when and HOW you are coming to Mazeppa! we will help you!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to the hosts and all the great folks at Dixie! I had a great time, even though I wasn't there. Having my son welcomed and meeting folks and enjoying the meet and getting paint on his fingers sure made me feel welcomed. Thank you again.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6714 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal Cabrera
Visitor
Member # 1236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sal Cabrera   Author's Homepage   Email Sal Cabrera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks John and Donald , it was a great meet with great people. we had a great Time.

--------------------
Sal Cabrera
Signs By Sal
New Freedom , PA

The goal of Yesterday will be the Stating Point of Tomorrow!

Posts: 686 | From: New Freedom , PA US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arvil Shep' Shepherd
Deceased

Member # 2030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arvil Shep' Shepherd   Author's Homepage   Email Arvil Shep' Shepherd       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks John and Donald and all who had a hand in the presentation...it was great......
I would of liked to spent more time than just Saturday.......and I apologize to those who I did not get to speak to and have some time to soclialize with.....maybe next year....
Shep'

--------------------
Arvil Shep' Shepherd
Art by Shep'
--------
" Those who dance are thought to be mad by those who cannot hear the music "

Posts: 1281 | From: Mt Airy NC | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie Lavallee
Visitor
Member # 5111

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Valerie Lavallee         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ERIC & I WOULD LOVE TO THANK JOHN & DONALD FOR EVERYTHING, & ALSO JOHN SMITH FOR THE GREAT FOOD.
THIS WAS ERIC'S FIRST EVENT & I THINK IT WAS GREAT FOR HIS FIRST TIME EXPERIENCE.
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK SONNY, TIMI, ROGER, & DAN FROM HARTCO FOR HELPING ME WITH MY FIRST SIGN, & ALSO DAN FROM 1 SHOT FOR TEACHING ME HOW TO PAINT A PINSTRIPE.
A SPECIAL THANX TO KEVIN MALLARD & DAN FROM HARTCO FOR HELPING ME PICK OUT A PERSONAL SIGNATURE.
I HAD A GREAT TIME & MET ALOT OF VERY TALENTED PEOPLE THAT I WILL NEVER FORGET.

--------------------
Valerie Lavalleea

Posts: 46 | From: Stanstead, Quebec. | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tha South done went and done it again!!!!!!
Thanx Guys, for a great time and the best of company with all who attended,.......

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to everyone for coming and making this a great meet. I especially want to thank Sharon MacMunn, Nancie Phillips, and Vince from Aluma-Panel for their help. All of the sponsors were really appreciated also.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roland Pinan
Visitor
Member # 2724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roland Pinan   Author's Homepage   Email Roland Pinan       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to Donald and John for a great meet and a good time. And thanks to all the sponsors as well. I never cease to be amazed by level of talent that I was surrounded by.It was great seeing friends and making new ones.

--------------------
Cobra Pinstriping & Signs
907 E Skagway Ave
Tampa, FL 33604-1747
(813) 933-9096

Posts: 46 | From: Tampa, FL | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Roland...welcome to Letterville. Good to see you on board !

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan E Young
Visitor
Member # 2325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan E Young   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan E Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya miss me already dont ya Roland!!!! You got ATM? You got ATM? You got ATM?

--------------------
Ryan Young
Indocil Art & Design
indocil@comporium.net
803-980-6765

I highjacked Letterville!!
Winter Muster 2004

Posts: 904 | From: Rock Hill, SC | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Peach
Resident

Member # 2620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Peach   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Peach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Everwood and all the other sponsors.
It was a really good meet with so many talented people in attendance.
Thanks Donald, John, and Ryan for putting it together and pulling it off smoothly.
Dixie omelets were every bit as good as last year's. The pig pickin' was excellent, too. Thanks John Smith.
We even discovered a new use for RapidPrep...just ask Val.
It was nice to finally meet the Yaxley's and the MacMunn's.
Thanks for the great weekend.

--------------------
Bob & Marcia Peach
Peach Signs Inc
Sandwich, MA
rpeach9828@aol.com

Posts: 1020 | From: Sandwich, MA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancie W. Phillips
Resident

Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancie W. Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Nancie W. Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donald and John...
You guys rocked! The meet was a blast and a great boost in my "inspiration bank account". I also want to thank everyone who attended...I wish we could all get together more often. And those who couldn't make it...We really missed you!
And John...I'll help cook with you anytime I can. That was so fun! Which meet are you gonna take your set-up to next?
Anyway...I met some new awesome friends and got to "catch up" with some treasured ones. I know Michael had a blast too...(Thanks, Ryan... and Rodger too!)
And Jimmy Chatham- well, Thank you for letting us go with you. We wouldn't have been able to without you.

--------------------
Nancie W. Phillips
White Dove Painting Studio
74 Dacula Road,
Dacula, GA 30019
678-887-3339

www.nanciephillips.com

"Three words describe life...'It goes on'"- Robert Frost

Posts: 919 | From: Metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Hanson

Member # 4000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Hanson   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Hanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John and Donald,
Thank you for the invitation to come be a part of a great Letterhead event. I was able to see and catch up with some friends I met at last year's meet, as well as meet some very talented new people. The food was awesome, 'specially the pig pickin' and the breakfast omelettes. Val, I hope you make many more signs in spite of my help! Has anyone heard from or seen Kevin Mallard since we left Greenville? Kevin - are you out there? Thanks again for the great time!

--------------------
Make it a great day!

Dan Hanson
Hartco, Inc.
Cincinnati, OH USA
800.543.1340 x 120
513.314.5807 cell
513.771.3327 fax
pdh@hartcoservice.com
www.hartcoservice.com

Posts: 54 | From: Cincinnati, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!