Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » What Would You like To See In NYC?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Would You like To See In NYC?
Tim Whitcher
Visitor
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Whitcher   Email Tim Whitcher       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Planning on visiting New York City over the spring break with my wife and teen daughters. What would you like to see / visit in regards to the sign industry, in NYC? Looking for ideas.....

--------------------
Tim Whitcher
Adrian, MI

Posts: 1546 | From: Adrian, MI | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Landmark Signs has the world's largest bucket truck. It's awesome to see it up 10 storeys...the bucket that is...not the truck. [Wink]
The Great White Way is a real eyeopener.
Other than that the signs are pretty ordinary.
But the city is FANTASTIC! Do yourself a favor and see the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Whitcher
Visitor
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Whitcher   Email Tim Whitcher       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any sign shops in Lower Manhattan that might be worth dropping in on?

--------------------
Tim Whitcher
Adrian, MI

Posts: 1546 | From: Adrian, MI | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Boone
Deceased

Member # 308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Boone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to Times Square and see all the neon
and lightup signs...
Chinatown is way down there..but fun for a meal
Just off Broadway...behind Rockefeller Center
is the gold district...check out the gold leaf
on the windows of the jewelry stores
take a good appetite and a fat wallet....its fun!

--------------------
Michael Boone
Sign Painter
5828 Buerman Rd.Sodus,NY 14551

Posts: 3223 | From: Sodus,NY,USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Crumley
Visitor
Member # 2307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Crumley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim,

Congratulations on your trip to NYC.

The city is one of my favorite places, and I think you guys will have a ball.

I've lived there, attended college,and taught school there, however, property is very limited, and expensive, so most sign shops are located on the N.J. side.

Google "NYC Yellow Pages" for sign shops.

So here are a few great places to visit. Metropolican Museum of Art, Museum of Art,which just re-opened, and has a great restraunt. Either of these are a half day at least. Times Square, buy tickets to a broadway play at discount tickets "Tickets-Tickets", have lunch in Hells Kitchen, Rockafellow Plaza, St Patricks Cathedral. Ground Zero, Financial District, China Town, and give yourself a real treat, plop yourself right down in Central Park, relax, and watch life perculate by.

This is truly a great city.

Have fun!

J

--------------------
Joe Crumley
Norman Sign Company
2200 Research Park Blvd.
Norman, OK

Posts: 1428 | From: 2200 Research Park Blvd. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Whitcher
Visitor
Member # 685

Thanks, Joe. We'll be staying at the Embassy Suites in Lower Manhattan, just a few blocks from Ground Zero. Didn't even realize it until after we made reservations. Going to try to see the play Chicago. Does Tickets-Tickets have a website? Not sure if my daughter's will put up with the museum. Their idea of culture is "Macy's". Can't wait to try out the pizza!

--------------------
Tim Whitcher
Adrian, MI

Rovelle W. Gratz
Visitor
Member # 4404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rovelle W. Gratz   Author's Homepage   Email Rovelle W. Gratz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't think of anything I would like to see in NYC. I was already there once.

Just kidding.

--------------------
Rove Gratz
Gratz Signs
342 Walden Station Drive
Macon, GA 31216
rovegratz@aol.com
Home Page: http://rove-342.tripod.com

Posts: 861 | From: Macon, GA 31216 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob Timko
Visitor
Member # 4486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob Timko   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for cheap tickets there are places called TKTS that have tents setup in times square and lower manhattan that sell half price or discounted tickets for that days shows.....get there early.

http://tdf.org/index_default.html i think.

--------------------
Rob "caffeine"
caffeine@kustompinstriping.com
http://www.kustompinstriping.com

Posts: 21 | From: Central NJ | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob Timko
Visitor
Member # 4486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob Timko   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also "pearl art" has a pretty big store on canal street.......like the mother of all atr stores especially for all those NYC starving artists.

--------------------
Rob "caffeine"
caffeine@kustompinstriping.com
http://www.kustompinstriping.com

Posts: 21 | From: Central NJ | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Paul
Visitor
Member # 4200

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mike Paul   Email Mike Paul       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto Joe's list and I would highly recommend Blueman Group for a show. Very Cool!
Your kids will love it and so will you.

[ March 25, 2005, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Mike Paul ]

--------------------
Mike
Auto Graphix
New Jersey
graphix@nac.net

Posts: 32 | From: Butler New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!