Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT Denver, CO trip

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT Denver, CO trip
Scott Daniels
Visitor
Member # 3455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Daniels   Email Scott Daniels   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter's hockey team will be playing in the National Tournament in Centennial, CO. (Denver) next week. We will be leaving Saturday for Cheyenne, WY. to spend Easter with some family. Does anyone have suggestions for must see places to visit or eat in both Cheyenne and Denver? Unfortunately, the coaches have ruled out skiing, etc! [Frown]

BTW, if anyone is interested, here's the link to the USA Hockey web site for all of the National Tournaments:
http://www.usahockey.com/05nc/main_site/main/05nc//

--------------------
Scott Daniels
That Sign Shop
Rockton, IL

Posts: 19 | From: Rockton, IL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If time allows The Natural History Museum is a good place to start, Gates Planetarium. Denver Zoo. And the aquarium is in the same local.. Heritage Square in Golden and Can't forget Coors. The Mint was real interesting but since 9/11 I don't think you can go in now.
Thats just a start. Hope this helps. Just have fun no matter what you do.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Churchill
Resident

Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Churchill   Email Chuck Churchill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in Denver in July 04 for a wedding. Had a little extra time and some relatives who used to live in Colorado took us sightseeing. We went to a mountain about 40 miles West and slightly South of Denver. Can't remember the name of it but you can dirve clear to the top. Get you up over 12,000 feet elevation. Would be very interesting for some flatlanders from Iowa. Also spent some time at Red Rocks just West of Denver. There is an outdoor amplitheathre their. I doubt they are putting on concerts this time of the year but it a good way to get outside and hike around to get rid of all the excess energy young hockey players have.

Enjoy the trip

--------------------
Chuck Churchill,
It's A Good Sign Inc.
3245 Harvester Rd, U-12
Burlington, Ont.
Phone: 905-681-8775
Fax: 905-681-8945

Posts: 633 | From: Burlington, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drove the route from Boulder to Estes Park through Ward near Red Lake. There are some real nice sights along that trip and microbrewery beer at either end. West to Lake Grandby may be open.

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Spring, TX

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fayette pivoda
Visitor
Member # 4339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fayette pivoda   Email fayette pivoda   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually those mountain drives (to Mt Evans and Rocky Mtn Nat Park) are iffy as far as being open this time of year, I'm not sure if the aquarium is still in business either. But near Golden is Wild Bill Hickocks grave, Boulder always offers an interesting shopping experience, Central City/Blackhawk isn't too far for gambling. Actually you could hit all these places and Red Rocks too in an easy days drive.

--------------------
fayette pivoda
signizmz
Denver Colorado

Posts: 77 | From: englewood, colorado | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually thats Buffalo Bill...the museum is at the top of "Look out Mountain" accessible year round and very close to Denver...(worth the trip)

LODO (Lower Downtown Denver) Plenty of restaurants and Adult Beverage places...be sure to do the "Buckhorn Exchange" one of the oldest Restaurant and Bars in Colorado.(it's a kick)

Wondering where you are playing your tourney ...when my 3 boys were playing we used to play at Currigan Hall and also the Pro team (at that time "the Rockies" Arena. (McNichols arena).

Larimar Square is a great place for the whole family and Cherry Creek has some really "uptown" Restaurants and boutiques (for the wife)

If you play any teams from Arvada bring your best and be physical...you'll need it!

Good Luck on your trip and have a great time! It'll likely snow while you're there so don't be in a hurry!

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Jenicek
Visitor
Member # 2281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Jenicek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott

If your family has never been on a 1920’s Steam Powered Train, try the Georgetown Loop R.R.

Georgetown is located West of Denver (about 50 min) on Hwy 70 just before you hit the Eisenhower Tunnel. It’s a round trip ride that goes for about 3 or 4 miles one way. You can call (888) 569-0815 or WWW.Gerogetowncolorado.com for information regarding the town of Georgetown and the train ride.

I am not sure if it will be open at this time of year, so give them a call.

If the snow is still good and you have some time in the evening. Go to Granby just past Winter Park. There you can go TUBING down a snow covered hill. This would be a day trip and I would suggest staying overnight because the road is a bunch of 2 lane switch-backs there and back. Also in Winter Park is Snowmobiling, and sleigh rides.

For eating (with the family) try Casa Bonita (Mexican). It may not be the best Mexican food you will ever eat but the restaurant is as big as a super sized grocery store. They have a 65 Ft waterfall inside where cliff divers dive from and perform several acts. The restaurant is sectioned off into several different rooms like the Mine Room, the Stalagmite Room, an indoor Cave with creepy crawlers, etc. I believe you and the kids will enjoy it there. Expect to be there at least 2 to 3 hours touring the different rooms and taking in the entertainment. I would suggest going during the lunch hour, the neighborhood seemed to be going downhill the last time I was there.

The address is 6715 W. Colfax Av. In Lakewood, CO

Hope this helps

Barry

--------------------
Barry Jenicek
Signs by Unique
St. Louis, MO

Posts: 34 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Daniels
Visitor
Member # 3455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Daniels   Email Scott Daniels   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info! It looks as if I've got enough places to keep four of us busy for the week!

Monte, there are actually 2 rinks that they will be playing at. One is the South Suburban Ice Arena in Centennial. The other is the South Suburban Family Fun Center in Englewood. Don't know much about either one but knowing USA Hockey, they'll be fun places to hang out and watch some good hockey!

--------------------
Scott Daniels
That Sign Shop
Rockton, IL

Posts: 19 | From: Rockton, IL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!