Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Sign related tattoos

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sign related tattoos
Terry Baird
Resident

Member # 3495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Baird   Email Terry Baird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading Cindy Rae's post and seeing her website, I was wondering...how many of you have tattoos? Specifically sign related tattoos? I've always wanted a tattoo representing my life as a "signguy". Do any of you have a can of One Shot and a quill (or something along that line) on your arm (or elsewhere)? Throw a pic up and lets have a look.

--------------------
Terry Baird
Baird Signs
3484 West Lake Rd.
Canandaigua, NY 14424

Posts: 790 | From: Canandaigua, New York | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Bowers
Resident

Member # 780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Bowers   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tattoos, but they're not sign related.

--------------------
Dana Ferry
St Cloud, MN

Posts: 1556 | From: St Cloud, MN | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't post a pic of my tat, but it is a fairy on a moon about 1" above my "crevasse". Most folks at meets have seen her after I have a beer [Smile] She's not really sign-related, but she's cool. Eventually, I want to have antique billhead-type etched looking clouds on either side of her.

I have noticed some pinstripers with the coolest tattoos. These are placed on the inner forearms so that they kind of show when the person is striping. Some almost look like pinstripes, others have a tribal feel.

I think that sign people would be really fussy about their tats. I know when my son was getting his dad's initials and life-death dates on his shoulder, I about freaked when the tattoo guy was gonna do it because his "9s" were really ugly. (He is my pal, so I could razz him) Thankfully, he listened to me.

Love....Jill

[ March 15, 2005, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Jill Marie Welsh ]

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wm. J. Krupinski
Visitor
Member # 1746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wm. J. Krupinski   Email Wm. J. Krupinski       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... I WAS gonna show ya photos of my ART related tattoo (and maybe even the original drawing for it...), but I'll be jiggered if I can figger out how to transfer said photo(s) from "my pictures" onto this here site. Any suggestions?

--------------------
Wm. J. Krupinski
ArtFirst Studio
Jefferson, WI
kruptoons@yahoo.com

Posts: 95 | From: Jefferson, WI USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill, email 'em to me and I'll post 'em.
Love....Jill
edited to add my teeny tat, big as a 50˘ piece:
 -

[ March 15, 2005, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Jill Marie Welsh ]

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrian Howard
Visitor
Member # 491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adrian Howard   Author's Homepage   Email Adrian Howard       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was you........
i had a lady client who wanted her tattoo put onto her sign i had to take a digi pic and recreate it as a vector

check out the pic

-

adrian

--------------------
Adrian Howard
Signrite Signs & Graphics
Shaftesbury, Dorset
United Kingdom
ady@signrite.co.uk
"Our only Business is Promoting Yours"

Posts: 42 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
captain ken
Visitor
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for captain ken   Author's Homepage   Email captain ken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Favorite is got to be East Coast Artie, he has your standard "mom" tattoo, you know the heart and the banner, except his has an excalibur striping sword on it.... I love it.... any body got a shot of Art Shiling's Arm?????

--------------------
Ken McTague,
Concept Signs
57 Bridge St. (route 107)
Salem MA 01970
1-978-745-5800
conceptsign@yahoo.com
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/CaptainKen

---------------------------------

"A wise man once said that, or was it a wise guy?"

Posts: 2425 | From: Salem, MA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wm. J. Krupinski's tattoo & designs:
 -
 -
 -
Just to let you know, he also has 2 sets of amazing tattoo flash for sale.

Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone who has met me has seen my tattoos, both arms are covered with pinstriped and artwork relating to my work.

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No tats for me, it's just not my style.. like, if I got a tat, it would be so far out of the norm for me everyone would accuse me of being a wanna-be... kinda like all the yuppie biker dudes at Daytona. [Smile]

Now, my mom does the permanent cosmetics using the same needles and coil machines tat shops use, to implant eyeliner, lipliner, fill in the lips and eyebrows, etc. Interestingly enough, the IDENTICAL equipment that tat shops use costs 5X as much when bought through companies catering to the cosmetics side. Anyway, She's always wanting to stick me with that damn thing cause she wants practice doing tats. I keep tellin her to drug her clients and practice on them while they're in the chair. [Smile]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 3 tattoos, one little rosebud on my butt from when I was 19, a large Harley eagle on my left arm from when I was a party girl, & a very large one my son did about 3 years ago on my right arm, of Jesus reaching for the lost sheep.

When our mayor refers people to me, she says she refers them to the "Tattooed Sign Lady".

I have a pic of my Jesus tattoo, but I can't find instructions on how to post it anywhere. Where can I find this? Or do I have to be a resident to post a pic?

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gavin Chachere
Visitor
Member # 1443

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gavin Chachere   Email Gavin Chachere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
be a man......slam down a Zima and get those lips done

--------------------
Gavin Chachere
Plotter in the garage,New Orleans La.

"Sgts Shugart and Gordon again request permission to rope down to crash site two"

Posts: 1223 | From: new orleans.la. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gavin! I'm STILL laughing...that was funny!!!

Tattoos? Not a chance!

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmmmm ziiiiima...... *BARF*! I'd rather drink a $2 bottle of Boone's Farm Raspberry wine.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Preston
Deceased

Member # 1314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Preston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sticky, Mike Boone's gonna get ya fer that. So will his cow. So will Marvin.

You don't know Marvin? You will be on a first name basis with his teeth.

Wouldn't wanna be you.

[ March 15, 2005, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Bill Preston ]

--------------------
Bill Preston
Fly Creek, N.Y. USA

Posts: 943 | From: Fly Creek, N.Y. USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greg feil
Visitor
Member # 4379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greg feil   Author's Homepage   Email greg feil   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm up to 14 tattoos, I think. I lost count after 10. Mine are mainly Grateful Dead/music related.

my last one is an iron Cross with flames starting an inch from my hairline to the middle of my back. With psychoarts arched over the top. Feels weird getting inked over yer spine.

I had a guy email me this morning wanting me to design a pinstripe related tattoo for him

--------------------
Peace, Love, and Music
Greg Feil
Medina, Ohio
http://www.psychoarts.com
"Kerouac's got his words that reach for the young and the ramble hearted
Cuz those'r bound to move gotta hit the road"

Posts: 86 | From: Medina, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich Stebbing
Visitor
Member # 368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich Stebbing   Email Rich Stebbing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did design one for myself but never had it done. It's a dragon with flames in it's belly and a tail that swirls around and holds a brush. All black, more of a siloutte type(or clip-art style). The problem is the Dragon would look good on some "big guns", and my arms (although strong as a chimps)are just not "dragon worthy". Maybe I could put it elsewhere,...mmmm.
I do have a couple of "self-inflicted" tattoos that I have had since my teens,...early "Lettering Jobs".

--------------------
Rich Stebbing
RichSigns
Rohnert Park CA
707-795-5588

Posts: 755 | From: Rohnert Park, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janet Bakewell
Visitor
Member # 725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janet Bakewell   Author's Homepage   Email Janet Bakewell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a small rose on my arm... Went to get a tattoo with my first husband (biker) - watched a woman having one done - she was screaming and crying, so I quickly decided on a small rose instead of the large Harley insignia I'd originally chosen. Just bein' a pussy, I guess.

Been a little braver over the last few years, and now have a pair of stone dragons on my chest. A friend told me that they look like sea monkeys. Hmmm.... I liked 'em!

--------------------
Janet Bakewell
One Sun Grafiks Inc.
Slave Lake, AB Canada
www.onesungrafiks.com

Posts: 128 | From: Slave Lake, AB Canada | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 1 on my upper arm. Got it after Pap died. Lotsa little pieces that no one else would 'get' the meaning of. Unfortunately, the tattoo guy sucked. [Frown] I need to get it redone just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Has anyone ever gotten a tattoo redone or tattooed over? Does it hurt? Does it come out ok? The initial tattoo didn't bother me at all, just when it got itchy.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cindy Rae Maxwell
Visitor
Member # 5453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cindy Rae Maxwell   Author's Homepage   Email Cindy Rae Maxwell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do cover-ups and reworks all the time. It only hurts more if there's alot of scarring, and even then it's not unbearable at all.
If the tattooer knows what they're doing you should be able to cover it completely with something else or rework it without really being able to tell that what you're wearing isn't the original tattoo that you started with.

I do tattoos for people's professions all the time. I'm doing a full sleeve for a writer where books fly up the arm and turn into cranes. And another for a guy who makes movies with a film reel.
It's good to know that there are others out there who love what they do as much as I love tattooing.

--------------------
Cindy Rae Maxwell
Albany Tattoo Parlour
174 Madison Ave.
Albany, NY 12202
518-463-6604

Posts: 6 | From: Albany, NY | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al Checca
Visitor
Member # 2216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al Checca   Email Al Checca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kissymatina:
I have 1 on my upper arm. Got it after Pap died. Lotsa little pieces that no one else would 'get' the meaning of. Unfortunately, the tattoo guy sucked. [Frown] I need to get it redone just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Has anyone ever gotten a tattoo redone or tattooed over? Does it hurt? Does it come out ok? The initial tattoo didn't bother me at all, just when it got itchy.

I have had them done Chris, It still hurts just like a new one. The cover up works well and you never know the first was there if you hind it well..I have 10 or so Tats...

[ March 17, 2005, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: Al Checca ]

--------------------
Al Checca
Kidney dialysis Pt.
wizard42171967@yahoo.com

Posts: 261 | From: Latrobe just outside Pittsburgh Pa in Latrobe | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob Timko
Visitor
Member # 4486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob Timko   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get asked all the time to design pinstriping tattoos for people...i think its the "in" thing now almost like tribal.
I did this design for someone who contacted me out of minnesotta. I used my girfriend for a model and did it on glass...then sent it to her and her tattoo guy did it for her.

-
 -
 -

--------------------
Rob "caffeine"
caffeine@kustompinstriping.com
http://www.kustompinstriping.com

Posts: 21 | From: Central NJ | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...looked cuter on your girlfriend, dude.
Neat idea.
Love....jill

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!