Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » ISA Show in Las Vegas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ISA Show in Las Vegas
Alphonse Dente
Visitor
Member # 4993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alphonse Dente         Edit/Delete Post 
There have been a few posts regarding this show, but in the true spirit of Letterville, I'll start another!

(Please, I'm joking)

We're going to the ISA Show in Las Vegas in a few weeks, and in speaking with Matt Murray from Murray's Signs in Henrietta, he is too. It might be nice to find a place where we could all get together, if not for dinner, just to all meet face to face and shake hands.

If anyone knows of a good place to all meet at the show on either Friday or Saturday, and if we could get a show of hands as to who's planning on attending, I know that I'd enjoy hearing a few voices and seeing a few facial expressions, versus reading the text we've all chained to here.

-Al

--------------------
Alphonse Dente
Dente Design
Henderson Harbor, NY

Posts: 59 | From: Henderson Harbor, NY | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Al-
PLEASE come to the EstiMate Booth and identify yourself, and bring Matt Murray, too. I would love to meet you in person. The Vegas Show is usually really special, with lots to see and learn.
I am looking forward to it BIG TIME and not just because I like to play Blackjack.

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

signslimited@triad.rr.com

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally booked the trip today. I'm kind of going on a whirlwind tour. Arrive Thurs. leave Sun. Too much on the go now, but this show is too important to me to miss. I will be at the show Friday and Saturday. I'll check in at Mark's booth to see if anything is happening. There is a big party Saturday night sponsored by some of the suppliers. We could get together there I suppose. I'll be in and around the Gyford Productions (Standoffs) booth quite a bit. If your walking by stop in and say hi.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4352 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Peterson
Visitor
Member # 70

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Peterson   Author's Homepage   Email Chuck Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there. I think I'm gonna sign up for Bob Parson's cartoon lecture.

--------------------
Chuck Peterson Designs
San Diego, CA

Posts: 1052 | From: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like the Estimate booth is THE place to rendezvous. I'm at the show Friday afternoon & Saturday. The ISA awards are Saturday morning at 9 am. I'll be there then for sure! [Smile]

grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is getting me really excited! I will print out the whole of this thread before I go, to see whom to expect.

Have I already said that since I will be "working" to please be kind and tell me who you are right away, so I don't treat you like a stranger!!!

One of the few I recognized just about immediately was Doug Allan.

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

signslimited@triad.rr.com

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Smith
Resident

Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Kent Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone is welcome to stop by my classroom even if you are not signed up for the class, just to say Hi. . . Fri. morning.

--------------------
Kent Smith
Smith Sign Studio
P.O.Box 2385,
Estes Park, CO 80517-2385
kent@smithsignstudio.com

Posts: 1025 | From: Estes Park, CO | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Thompson
Visitor
Member # 1851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
put me on the list too, Sounds like Fri evening might be the time to pick for a little get together and a drink or 2

--------------------
Glenn Thompson
Tell-Tale Signs
Williams Lake, BC
sign@telus.net
(250)398-7446

Posts: 201 | From: Williams Lake, BC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some good news and some bad news. Anything you can use as an excuse to go to Las Vegas has got to be good news. ISA has spent a small fortune promoting this meet in the magazines. We're more than willing to allow some free promotion via Letterville.

Now the bad news. Alphonse Dente will not be able to make this meet. You see the truth is that Alphonse Dente does not exist. It's a phony name made up to have a few laffs at our expense. Some of you already know this.

Letterville is a very popular website. On Wednesday, almost 20,000 signmakers took the time to drop by and read this BB! When you consider that the website has a targeted audience of those directly involved in the sign industry, it's a huge number.

One of the reasons Letterville enjoys this sort of traffic is trust. We made a decision in the beginning that all our postors use their real names. It's essential that anyone seeking advise here knows that we are doing everything possible to ensure the advise is coming from a genuine person.

Our friend Al Dente felt a need to ignore that trust and post here under two different names. No discussion necessary. He's gone!

[ March 11, 2005, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Steve Shortreed ]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!