Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » baseball helmet layout ideas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: baseball helmet layout ideas
Stan Yates
Visitor
Member # 3176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stan Yates   Email Stan Yates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive been trying out ways to get a full face design on a base ball helmet the kind where thr bill of the helmet is covered too. i made a transparency and am in the process of projecting it on the helmet.waiting for the paint to dry now. any hints on doing this process? ill be airbrushing the design on. how do others put the designs on

--------------------
Stan Yates
Crocodile Creek Signs
PO Box 308
Waldo FLA 32694 crocodilecreeksigns@juno.com

Posts: 85 | From: waldo. fla | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R T Thomas
Resident

Member # 355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R T Thomas   Email R T Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stan,

I don't know what it is exactly that you're trying to do. I don't put a lot into BB helmets because in about 3 games worth of use they aren't in very good shape anyway. I do 99% of my work on them freehand. Just not enough money in them to spend a lot of time on layout , etc.

On the other hand, if you are getting good money to do this job. It might be worth spending the extra time.

I would still do it freehand using a base color and sketching the layout on it then refining as I go. (adding white, shading etc.)

I dunno if this helps you or not, hope so.

R.T.

[ March 07, 2005, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: R T Thomas ]

--------------------
R.T.Thomas,AirDesigns/Sign And Airbrush Studio
rtart1@earthlink.net

Hattiesburg,MS 39401
Shop 601-584-1000
Cell 601-310-5901
Proud supporter of LETTERVILLE!

"Ahhhhhh.......Juicy Fruit."

Posts: 547 | From: Hattiesburg,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto what RT said... It's not worth some of the headaches- this past weekend I had 12 helmets to paint for a team, all the same design. I thought I would be smart and cut a vinyl mask for them... it was a pain just to apply the mask, then I painted them assembly line style. When I was finished painting, I started removing the mask- which took the paint right up with it! I had forgot to prep the helmets so the paint would stick. I ended up having to remove all of the paint and masks, prep and repaint the design freehand- 3 times as much labor than it should have been if I had just freehanded them from the start!
Once you spray the clear the whole thing just comes to life!

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1736 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristie Byrnes
Visitor
Member # 3510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristie Byrnes   Email Kristie Byrnes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey stan,
i freehand them too....sketch it out, and paint it on. Clear em, and out the door they go! Have fun, and happy painting!....K

--------------------
Kristie Byrnes
Paintbrush Graphics
6126 Big Cut Rd.
Mt. Carroll, IL 61053
rugbyrnes@hotmail.com
(563) 357-7614

Posts: 90 | From: Thomson,IL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!