Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT - Shop Music - Whatcha Listening to? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OT - Shop Music - Whatcha Listening to?
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There hasn't been one of these posts in awhile and I've found some great new music in previous threads.
For my contribution, I want to turn y'all on to Sean Costello. I heard him tonight in a little club in Atlanta and he knocked my socks off. A really fun band with lots of soul. I bought a CD and that's what'll be on at the shop (turned up loud)
Here's a link:http://www.seancostello.com/index.html

He's playing PA, IN, OH and IL this month if you want to see him live.

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been listening to a lot of Jack Johnson recently.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6713 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got some great new speakers for the iPod so the place is rockin'

let's see...I think I will start the day with some Supreme Beings of Leisure, maybe a little b-tribe, a little Ray Charles, and then slow down with some Nickel Creek.

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alphonse Dente
Visitor
Member # 4993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alphonse Dente         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now, in the CD changer (catching up on a few loose ends in the shop on a Saturday), I've got The Definative Otis Redding Collection, Jeff Beck's "Blow By Blow", The Clash's "Sandanista" (both cds) and some Robbie Robertson.

-Al

--------------------
Alphonse Dente
Dente Design
Henderson Harbor, NY

Posts: 59 | From: Henderson Harbor, NY | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Started out this morning listening to Tim McGraw but then since Harris kept reminding me that I am from New Jersey, I segued into Bruce Springsteen and now Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes including a bunch of live stuff featuring Southside, Bruce and Little Steven.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Aston
Visitor
Member # 1725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Aston   Email Jon Aston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Box-set of Motown classics - fun!

James Jamerson really rocked!

--------------------
Jon Aston
MARKETING PARTNERS
"Strategy, Marketing and Business Development"
Tel 705-719-9209

Posts: 1724 | From: Barrie, ON, CANADA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Flewelling
Visitor
Member # 2577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Flewelling   Email Dale Flewelling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depending on how fast I have to work for those mood swings..."Jimmy LaFave" or "Heather Myles"

--------------------
Dale Flewelling
Art Attack Signs & Design
Newport, NH

Posts: 114 | From: Newport, New Hampshire | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had the country radio station on all day today while fixing the 4b, cutting a bunch of edge decals from yesterday when the 4b decided to eat a belt and redding up a bit.

Now it's time for the cd changer...Skynrd

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Ray Mattingly
Resident

Member # 469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Ray Mattingly   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Ray Mattingly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bluegrass!!!!!!! and if not bluegrass, I listen to the 70's music both on sirus music.

--------------------
Tony Mattingly
www.signgrafix.com
www.nostalgic-signworks.com
Louisville Ky
tony@signgrafix.com

Posts: 301 | From: Louisville Ky. USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Stephens   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Stephens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At this precise moment? Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana.

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

Posts: 2481 | From: Zephyrhills, Florida | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J & N Signs
Resident

Member # 901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J & N Signs   Email J & N Signs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Willie

--------------------
Mario G. Lafreniere (Fergie)
J&N Signs
Winter did show up!

Posts: 1257 | From: Chapleau, Ontario | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sirius Sattelite Radio (14)
Classic Vinyl. It rocks!

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool music by Sean Costello,Sonny. I like "No Half Stepping" that is the download on his website. Music from the 60's and 70's on a local radio station is what I listen to most of the time however I am developing a love for contemporary Christian songs of praise like "I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe.
Judy

[ February 05, 2005, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Judy Pate ]

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Fisher
Visitor
Member # 5296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Fisher   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Fisher       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seem to be listening to a lot of Maroon 5 lately. Also listening to the music of my friend Thomas and his group Pink Martini and a woman I met when she was singing at the wedding of some friends in Mexico - Jacqui Naylor. The Iguanas, who played a a design conference party in New Orleans, seem to be the CD of choice in my truck.

- J.

--------------------
Jeff Fisher
Engineer of Creative Identity
Jeff Fisher LogoMotives

Author: "Savvy Designer's Guide to Success" from HOW Design Books

Posts: 32 | From: PDX :: OR :: USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Perkins
Visitor
Member # 296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Perkins   Email Mark Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Renee Jolene, she is from south Louisiana and does a lot of bluesy stuff......and of course lot's of cajun music this weekend it's MARDI GRAS!!!!!!

--------------------
Mark Perkins
Performance Signs &
Graphics
Eunice, Louisiana
"The heart of Cajun
Country"

Posts: 506 | From: Eunice Louisiana 70535 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The radio in our shop is set to News, Blues and All that Jazz, until steve comes in then he changes it to Our Lady Peace? or whatever that crap is. [Frown]

I haven't stuck Songpainter in the tray for a while...hmmmm sounds like a winner on Monday!

--------------------
Draper The Signmaker / Monumental Designs
http://www.monumentaldesigns.com

Posts: 2883 | From: Bloomington Illinois USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fopund a new radio station here 96.1 fm. been listen to it last couple weeks today is sunday and the had "psychedylic sunday"....AWESOME...FLOYD, THE DEAD, CREAM, HENDRIX, ON AND ON....

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES
YES
YES

ok so I snuk a little Pink Floyd in there somewhere, along with the AC/DC and the Brothers Allman, Genesis, King Crimson and anything else from the psychodelic 70's

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancie W. Phillips
Resident

Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancie W. Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Nancie W. Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Judy Pate. Mercy Me makes me emotional, especially their newest release "Homesick". Ever heard the band "Building 429"? I hafta listen to a lot of my kids fav's too...
Switchfoot being one of them. I kinda like Maroon 5 & John Mayer.

--------------------
Nancie W. Phillips
White Dove Painting Studio
74 Dacula Road,
Dacula, GA 30019
678-887-3339

www.nanciephillips.com

"Three words describe life...'It goes on'"- Robert Frost

Posts: 919 | From: Metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i used to letter stock cars out at some of these shops, they would have COUNTRY/WESTERN station playin.....when i got home that evenin i felt like i had to beat the wife....cause after all them songs today....i knew she was doin somethin WRONG TO ME!!!!!!!hehehehehehehehe
P.S. i grew up 20 miles from WHEELING W.VA, home of strongest counrty radio station in the east!!!
and my parents owed a bar....with juke box...thru the 50's and 60's!!!! so dont tell me i dont know country. put youre sweet lips a little closer to the phone....and pretend were all together, allalone....oh god...still can hear it...

[ February 07, 2005, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heart Alive in Seattle.

They do Zeppelin, better than Zeppelin does Zeppelin.

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1873 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda Silver Eagle
Visitor
Member # 274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda Silver Eagle   Author's Homepage   Email Linda Silver Eagle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rode the southern boogie from high school outta town. Now, I mostly like Classical, Jazz and Gospel. Still hear Stevie Ray Vaughn in my head when I'm bouncin through a long day though.

Dale! Nickle Creek is sompn I turned over and took home from WV...love it!

Judy, we have a Cristian station here callled the FISH. They play that one a lot lately! Maybe next meet we make we can share tunes! Yes, Nancie, with you too LOL!

--------------------
Linda Welborn
Aigle D'Argent

678-292-3102

http://www.precious101.com

Posts: 2501 | From: GA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OP, is that Jim Reeves you are singing there? I remember that well from when I was a liitle girl.

Yeah, Nancy , Jusy, & Linda, I like that Mercy Me song, & Building 429 is good, too. I have discovered Kutless, & they ROCK!!! I get all that on my Launchcast station on the net. Like Fernando Ortega? His music makes me emotional.

How bout that halftime show last night? I have to say, it was really awesome, & TASTEFULLY done!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Gastelum
Visitor
Member # 5341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Erik Gastelum         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack Johnson Rules!

In the shop though it's just good ol AM Radio

1.Rush Limbaugh & Bill O' Reilly,
Then, Sean Hannity,
Then, Savage (He's entertaining but a wacko)
Then Jim Snow, then Try to bare Colmes

If i'm tired of Politics then I just turn up my itunes that I have hooked up to a yamaha reciever and blast some hip hop or punk rock to some 200Watt klipsch speaker & rock out  -
---------------------
The Sign Industry Trade Forums

--------------------

Posts: 79 | From: / | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shop/office/truck:

Weekdays, ALL DAY:
AM Talk radio . . .what a stinking, rotten, selfish, gun-ownin', God-fearin', capitalistic, conservative, Jesus-Ingram-Harvey-O'Rielly-RUSH-Hannity worshippin', all-American, news junkie I am. . . [Razz]

Evenings: 60s' & 70's in the truck, and when workin' late in the shop: Alabama Sports Network and Alabama Live 'Hunting talk program'...

AND THEN:
The Reva'ren' Thomasssssssssss J. Pattah'son...playin' that AWESOME soul stirrin' gospel . . . .makes me look forward to workin' late.

Music weekends only . . . NPR (National Public Radio)...includes:
'Car Talk', Whadd'ya Know', 'Piano Jazz', 'BAMA Bluegrass'.....then 'Praire Home Companion' has some of the best guest musicians & singers.
(Saturdays and Sunday re-run)

Sonny, I can't play music in the shop because I won't work . . .makes me too moody and I'll sit and sing and play all day . . . [Roll Eyes]

BTW: My list never changes . . should'a just copied and pasted my last reply to this same question . . . .I might be in a rut . . .but it's an awfully diverse rut. . . [Big Grin]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Joe... growing up in NJ, I think I was the only kid in town that liked country music...used to get WWVA from Wheeling WV..that was my life line. Remember Cambell's Corner on Sat. mornings on that station?...played bluegrass.

I still listen to country alot except the fm stations drive me nuts with all the used car ads and other loud obnoxious sales pitches...I think they hire dj's based on how fast they can talk....they speed up when they are telling you the buying terms.

I like bluegrass...Blue Highway/Wondrous Love CD, and their cd Still Climbing Mountains are both very good. Also like IIIrd Time Out, Del McCoury Band, Mountain Heart. Another cd that's good is Steve Earle with the Del McCoury band, titled"The Mountain".

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!!
MAYOR STEVE!!! [For Your Information] [Roll Eyes]

I wanna 'rockin' TALK-TO-THE-HAND' Graemlin like Erik's!!!! [Cool] [Applause]
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Erik, we get Savage sometimes too. At first I did'nt like his 'style' but after listening for a while I found out he's really a hoot. He just puts it out there . . . [Smile]

[ February 07, 2005, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And another Jack Johnson fan here. Also listening to Norah Jones, John Mayer, Coldplay, Los Lonely Boys and Megon McDonough.

[ February 07, 2005, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Bill Diaz ]

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Streicher
Visitor
Member # 4515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Streicher         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good grief around here, it goes from Motley Crue to Toby Keith to Lionel Richie....must be what happens with a group of weirdos

--------------------
Dan Streicher
Slidell, LA

Posts: 445 | From: Slidell, LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray Charles "The Genius Loves Company"
Luther Kent and Trickbag "Live"
Van the Man
Taj Mahal
Sirius 29 From 11 to noon.

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Spring, TX

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It never ceases to amaze me how eclectic we are musically. (and otherwise, for that matter) I spent the better part of last night looking up every group or musician listed who I wasn't familiar with: some of you folks are really weird..........

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SUPERTRAMPPPPPP [Applause] [Applause] [Cool]

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CD's by: Terri Clark, Toby Keith, Chris LeDoux (rodeo stuff), Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson and Kenny Chesney. I like Shania Twain too but when I look at her I don't even hear the singing.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan, I resemble that remark. [Wink] Or it could be what happens with 1 wierdo with multiple personalities.....

On one music shopping expedition I came home with Queen's greatest hits, a Toby Keith CD I didn't know existed and a classical cd (for glue chipping).

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now I'm listening to Faith No More, my all time favorite group. Earlier I was listening to some "old school" 311, from like 12 years ago when they didn't suck. [Smile]

Most days I just listen to a classic rock radio station.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Whitcher
Visitor
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Whitcher   Email Tim Whitcher       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've stumbled onto "Stoner Rock", and no, I'm no stoner, that's a genre of music. Just bought a Kyuss CD. Been listening to Green Day "American Idiot" and "Nimrod", as well as Mott the Hoople and Black Oak Arkansas, Chuck Berry and B.B. King, as well as the Temptations. Is that eclectic enough for ya'?

--------------------
Tim Whitcher
Adrian, MI

Posts: 1546 | From: Adrian, MI | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carl Wood
Visitor
Member # 1223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carl Wood   Email Carl Wood       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow - Somebody actually remembers Black Oak Arkansas? Some old ties there, had a girl friend in high school that was Andy Tanas' sister - Lisa where are you? (p.s. Don't ever accept anything hand rolled to smoke from Jim Dandy) oh yea - right now listening to Johnny Cash "Unearthed"

[ February 10, 2005, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Carl Wood ]

--------------------
Carl Wood
Olive Branch, Ms

Posts: 1392 | From: Olive Branch,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about the Dave Ramsey Show from 2-5. The man knows money! Wouldn't it be nice to pay cash for everything? [I Don t Know]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul McDowell
Visitor
Member # 5092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul McDowell   Author's Homepage   Email Paul McDowell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk Radio mostly. Neal Boortz, Rush, Hannity, Clark Howard... when they are boring I break out some Connells, Mayflies, The Who, Pink Floyd, Offspring, Brainstorm, Iron Maiden or Metallica, depending on my mood.

--------------------
Paul McDowell
7 Hills Signs
Virginia

Posts: 84 | From: Lynchburg, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Lynch
Resident

Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Lynch   Email Bill Lynch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the CD player...
Sawdoctors (Irish Rock like NRBQ kinda)
Coldplay
James Gang (First album)
Allison Krauss&US (Now That I've Found You)
Moody Blues (To Our Childrens)
but I spend a lot of tie listening to online radio
WFUV-New York
Folk Alley
WMVY-Martha Vineyard
and late at night old radio shows rebroadcasts on
OTR
Brando Classic Radio etc.

--------------------
Bill Lynch
Century Sign
Hamden, CT
centurysign@snet.net

Posts: 1125 | From: Hamden, CT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!