Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » full color brochures prices?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: full color brochures prices?
Tony Ray Mattingly
Resident

Member # 469

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Tony Ray Mattingly   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Ray Mattingly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody out there had full color brochures made for their sign work? I thought about and checked at my local printer. the price was about $900.00 dollars for a thousand. I thought that was kind of high especially since I told them that I would do all the layout and provide it on a CD. I was thinking in the $400.00 would be a more than fair price. Am I dreaming?? [I Don t Know]

--------------------
Tony Mattingly
www.signgrafix.com
www.nostalgic-signworks.com
Louisville Ky
tony@signgrafix.com

Posts: 301 | From: Louisville Ky. USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Aston
Visitor
Member # 1725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Aston   Email Jon Aston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony:

How much new profit do you need to generate to break even on your $900 investment? How many new clients (and/or new business from existing clients) do you need to acquire in order to generate that amount of profit, within a reasonable timeframe? One? Two? Five? Is this a reasonable expectation? If so, $900 sounds cheap to me...but it probably isn't your only investment. How do you plan to get these brochures into people's hands?

--------------------
Jon Aston
MARKETING PARTNERS
"Strategy, Marketing and Business Development"
Tel 705-719-9209

Posts: 1724 | From: Barrie, ON, CANADA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get a color printer for $400 bux,, and use your own computer to print yer own,, Change them as you go along,, Add or change photos..
change the layouts,,

Print up 25 and mail them to your local bizz es..do it all the time,,
you will get work..
900 bux ,, for one time is like throwing yoru dollars into the wind..

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denis E. Renaud
Visitor
Member # 4610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Denis E. Renaud   Author's Homepage   Email Denis E. Renaud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look for "print for trade printers". You should be able to find a printer that would do up 4/4 flyer printing for that price range.$400/1000

Been there done that!
Now I offer this service to almost all my sign customers, they need flyers too!
Denis

--------------------
Denis Renaud
EXIT66 Signs & Graphics
Caselman, ON Can.
denis@exit66.ca

Posts: 84 | From: Casselman, On. Canada | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal Cabrera
Visitor
Member # 1236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sal Cabrera   Author's Homepage   Email Sal Cabrera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony check this www.4colorprint.com
you will get a good price for a 1000 $475 silk laminated

--------------------
Sal Cabrera
Signs By Sal
New Freedom , PA

The goal of Yesterday will be the Stating Point of Tomorrow!

Posts: 686 | From: New Freedom , PA US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Chavez
Visitor
Member # 2146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Chavez   Email Rick Chavez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't say what size and how many pages but there are online services that can do it for $200.00 for a 8 1/2" x 11" single side to$400.00 double sided or a 4 page (folded 11"x17") at $600.00. (this pricing is from www.printrunner.com, I have never used them)

The only problem is control. Local printers are there and a press check is easier, you also have someone to go to if the job goes bad.

--------------------
Rick Chavez
Hemet, CA

Posts: 1538 | From: Hemet,CA U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Ray Mattingly
Resident

Member # 469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Ray Mattingly   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Ray Mattingly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the responses. A lot of good info [Thanks]

--------------------
Tony Mattingly
www.signgrafix.com
www.nostalgic-signworks.com
Louisville Ky
tony@signgrafix.com

Posts: 301 | From: Louisville Ky. USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...

1000 full color both sides, 8.5x11 brochures printed on nice 100lb stock and tri-folded should be about $350.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Bass
Visitor
Member # 4929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for William Bass   Email William Bass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never used either of these companies, but I was very impressed with a samples packet sent to me by CopyCraft (as far as quality of print goes).

The prices at these two sites seem more in line with what you are wanting, and CopyCraft uses 300 line screen, which is pretty much tops, as I recall as far as printing resolution is concerned.

www.copycraft.com
www.vistaprint.com

Have you ever designed for print before? If not, you may wish to post the design before sending it to a printers...there are things to consider for printing that you don't need to consider for signs, and maybe people here could clue you in on what areas might need special procedures done before being sent off to the printers (Mostly, I am referring to something called "trapping"). Of course, if you have, then...ignore that suggestion.

--------------------
William Bass
wjb71@bellsouth.net
Northwest Florida

Posts: 636 | From: Pensacola, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Gallagher
Visitor
Member # 69

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Gallagher   Email Chuck Gallagher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a place I use and I think they do great work! Good luck!

PS Print

--------------------
Chuck Gallagher
Pro Graphics Signs by Design
Cabool, MO
"I grew up in Letterville"

Posts: 776 | From: Cabool, Mo. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS Print is a good company and so is this one:
http://www.printingforless.com (very good and courteous tech help).

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep ... price is high...

If you can supply the pamphlet 'service bureau ready'

Canadian pricing would be ..

11x17 full color both sides 868.75/1000 1096.75/2000 1325.50/3000

8½x11 full color both sides 481.00/1000 585.00/2000 710.35/3000

80 lb gloss stock, trifold...

pricing in canadian dollars.
These are retail prices not trade prices, margin is 40% ... figure it out from there

... shop a bit [Smile]

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry VanHorn
Visitor
Member # 4704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry VanHorn   Author's Homepage   Email Jerry VanHorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here's another one: www.wavelinedirect.com

--------------------
Jerry VanHorn, Pres.
Pure Sports Designs, LLC
Pro Sign Design / United Wholesale Signs
www.prosigndesign.com www.unitedwholesalesigns.com
West Liberty, OH
937-465-0595
866-942-3990
Since 1990

Posts: 925 | From: West :Liberty, OH | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Dearborn
Visitor
Member # 1461

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Alan Dearborn   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Dearborn       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got referred to www.48hourprint.com
They do beautiful printing and good prices.

8 1/2 x 11" trifold brochures
Full color both sides
500 - $290
1000 - $365

They also include a color chart showing actual printed samples of many colors to help in getting the right colors

--------------------
Alan Dearborn
Dearborn Graphics
Hampton, NH USA

Posts: 271 | From: NH USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Gaffney
Resident

Member # 4240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Gaffney   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin Gaffney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just bought a new color laser for 590 euros. I intend to print my own brochures as cost to print a4 is 8 cent, not including paper. Why give 900 dollars to a printer when you can print your own, after all you've done the layout, that does'nt leave a lot of work

--------------------
Kevin Gaffney
Artistik Signs
Kinnegad
County Westmeath
Ireland
044-75187
kevingaffney@eircom.net

Posts: 628 | From: Ireland | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!