Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Dixie meet is on the way!!!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dixie meet is on the way!!!!!
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To the Northern brethren and sistren who tawk funny . . . .

Say: 'phonics are phun'. . . . . .

You can, in no time develope a Southern accent that even Granny Clampet could hang with and these people down here at these gas staions won't look at'cha one-eyed and say stuff like..."Yew ain't frum aroun' these parts er' ya...."

S'uthern Comfort - Lesson 1.
Pronounce the words below just as they are spelled, slowly, then repeat them progressively faster each time.

...Jes tew gi'chall war way ken unnersten' ya win y'all git hair.....?

Sigh et lak they-us . . .

"Thuh Sey-uth's gon' dew et uh'gin! [Wink]

(Grin big and wink a lot)
and... if possible, remove at least ONE front tooth for effect and your are good to go Ombres`
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's gonna teach em how to drink beer over a lip full of Copenhagen?

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Spring, TX

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously, I have'nt thought this out too well Santo(lol) ..... Could you help out with that??

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if they don't step in the Coon Dog Crap, they ain't been to Dixie!

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Spring, TX

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

I can bring some of that . . .are you bringin' the skoal??

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Karen Wunch
Visitor
Member # 3577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Wunch   Author's Homepage   Email Karen Wunch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lawdy, Missy Sheila...

I don't knows nuttin about:

'Coon Dawg Crap' and/or 'how to drink beer over a lip full of Copenhagen'. Dang. I will NEVER be able to even TRY and pull off the ol' Suthun Hospitality concept... That bytes.

But India and I will be there...just for phun-, err, phonetic-effect. I don't "BELONG" anywhere. My relatives in CT say I tawk like a Southerner and my Customers say I talk like a Yank. And India's not a Cajun, she's from NORTHERN Louisianna...LOL <<Her Emphasis.

Hellfire. WhatEVER. I just realized, one-shot, that you've posted over 2200 times. Here's, ohhhh, about 30 for me. *snickers*

Email me where you're finally staying. India and I have officially signed up for "Serving Wenches" status, a good way to meet men, err we mean, L'Heads! --- through their tummies. I thought it'd be a Good Thing *Martha Stweart Voice*....

And don't EVER dis me for the 'ISSUES' concept. We ALL have them!!! AMEN for them!!! [Embarrassed] )

~k

--------------------
Karen Wunch (kwunch on chat)
A2Z SIGNS in Buford, GA
----------------
"Believe there is a great power silently working all things for good, behave yourself and never mind the rest." ~~Beatrice Potter

Posts: 126 | From: Buford Georgia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

ACK...where'd I dishyew on ishews??

[Razz]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Icon 14 posted      Profile for James Donahue   Author's Homepage   Email James Donahue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been told that at a distance, placing a raisin over one front tooth will give the right 'look'.

When I first moved here, we were driving a '68 Ford falcon. Nice car, no dents, but certainly on the 'classic' side. I just couldn't resist making a set of magnetics for the doors that said "Look Ma, real hillbillies!". The locals got a big kick out of it, but the furinners (tourists) thought it bizarre. I guess I've mellowed over the years. Maybe too much. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.
Seymour TN. (865) 577-3365 brushman@nxs.net

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch,
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2057 | From: 1033 W. Union Valley Rd. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catalin Dretcanu
Visitor
Member # 4136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catalin Dretcanu   Email Catalin Dretcanu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we have a list of who will come to Dixie Meet? [Smile]
I'll be there!!! [Thanks]

--------------------
Catalin Dretcanu
TIPART GROUP Ltd
www.tipart.ro
Address: Bucharest, ROMANIA
Phone: +40 722 621 512
E-mail: catad@yahoo.com

"Do or do not...there is no try"

Posts: 83 | From: Bucharest, ROMANIA (Europe) | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About 100+ registered so far
Add your name to the list and come join the fun and fellowship

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camille
Visitor
Member # 501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camille         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun all - sorry I can't be there!

--------------------
signs

Posts: 535 | From: pa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bring along any extra cash. We wil be having a small auction to raise some money for a couple of good causes. You never know what might be up for sale.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Donald,
I'm so sorry to say that we just can not make it due to lingering sinus infections that even antibiotics are not really putting a big dent in...

Emily also missed school yesterday with the beginning of her own infection so she is on antib's too . . .but even if Emily were well, I just don't think I can handle the drive . . .
I don't know whether to be mad or sad since I have arranged the money and *time to come but not the strength...(*even tho' I have missed about 10 days in the past few weeks)
very aggrevating since this is my 3rd and worst time dealing with this in the last month . . . [Bash]

I'm so sorry!! [Frown] [Frown]

I can't wait to see the pics...and I already SO-miss being there and meeting so many new freinds and seeing everyone else and especially going to Waffle House . . .

Please plan another meet in the next coupl'a weeks.... [Razz] (lol)

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Karen Wunch
Visitor
Member # 3577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Wunch   Author's Homepage   Email Karen Wunch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Sista One-Shot...And Others to Whom it May Concern:

India bailed a while ago, and without her car, I couldn't make it either. Although, with the fire spirit that drives me to do what I do ... even NOW, I'm thinking I could drive HER car there late Saturday.

Glad SOMEONE could use my room..."LOL" Did ya'll know Roger and I were roomies? *hoots* MyOhMy how rumors could begin. But I'm glad the room rent won't go to waste.

If there's ANYway I can get there, for Jon's omlets, I will. I already got the 'serving wench' aprons embroidered. Geeeesh.

C-Ya'll.

Always,

~K

--------------------
Karen Wunch (kwunch on chat)
A2Z SIGNS in Buford, GA
----------------
"Believe there is a great power silently working all things for good, behave yourself and never mind the rest." ~~Beatrice Potter

Posts: 126 | From: Buford Georgia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!