Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT....WalMart Wine?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT....WalMart Wine?
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Copied/pasted from an email, thought we could use a funny:

Walmart Wine

Wal-Mart announced that they will soon be offering customers a new discount item.

Wal-Mart's own brand of wine.

The world's largest retail chain is teaming up with E&J Gallo Winery of California, to produce the spirits at an affordable price, in the $2-5 range.

Wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to throw a bottle of Wal-Mart brand into their shopping carts, but "there is a market for cheap wine",said Kathy Micken, professor of marketing.

She said: "But the right name is important."

Customer surveys were conducted to determine the most attractive name for the Wal-Mart brand.

The top surveyed names in order of popularity are:

10. Chateau Traileur Parc
9. White Trashfindel
8. Big Red Gulp
7. World Championship Riesling
6. NASCARbernet
5. Chef Boyardeaux
4. Peanut Noir
3. I Can't Believe It's Not Vinegar!
2. Grape Expectations

And the number 1 name for Wal-Mart Wine:
1. Nasti Spumante

The beauty of Wal-Mart wine is that it can be served with either white meat (Possum) or red meat (Squirrel).

[ January 28, 2005, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Jillbeans ]

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Upchurch
Visitor
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Upchurch   Email Jim Upchurch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you assume the shoppers of Walmart are trail trash I can see how someone would be amused. I'm afraid I'm not that liberal.

--------------------
Jim Upchurch
Artworks
Olympia WA

Posts: 797 | From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Schuttinga
Visitor
Member # 2821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter Schuttinga   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Schuttinga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Jill, that's great.

I wonder if it goes well with spawning salmon....

--------------------
"Are we having fun yet?"
Peter Schuttinga
DZines Sign Studio
1617 Millstream rd
Victoria BC
V9B-6G4

Posts: 521 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't dignify that place with my presence, we shop at Sam's Club.
Five bucks a bottle? Who can afford that?

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jill,

You never heard of Charles Shaw, affectionately nicknamed Two Buck Chuck?

By no means is it a fine wine but what you get for your $1.99 is nothing short of... acceptible. [Smile]

My dad likes cheap wine (master of the wine-in-a-box) so I brought him a bottle of it at Christmas. I'll quote his reaction: "Wow! This tastes like a $13 bottle!"

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahahahahaaa....hey Jim....when was the last time that you saw a Rolls or Lexus parked in front of a WalMart ?

[I Don t Know] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the owners show up Si

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Upchurch
Visitor
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Upchurch   Email Jim Upchurch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Si, only when I park there! haha. I'm just tired of the Walmart bashing. I don't know about anywhere else but here they have huge lots and alot of nice cars there. I go there occasionally because of a bigger selection on some things. What few items I buy the extra gas probably costs more than any savings.

--------------------
Jim Upchurch
Artworks
Olympia WA

Posts: 797 | From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg McRoberts
Resident

Member # 3501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg McRoberts   Email Greg McRoberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one Jill. [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Greg McRoberts
MacSign
Dayton, Ohio

Posts: 388 | From: Dayton, Ohio USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim, if you really took the time to read the post you'll notice 2 things:
#1 I didn't write it, just copied & pasted it, and
#2 I live in BUTLER, Pennsylvania.
Within an 8 mile radius I have 2 WalMarts.
Within a 5-mile radius I have 5 trailer parks.
Most of my WalMart shoppers are the nouveau riche from out Cranberry Township way. I'd rather deal with a trailer trash than a yuppie any day.
Love.....Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean-Claude Theriault
Visitor
Member # 966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean-Claude Theriault         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I wouldn't dignify that place with my presence, we shop at Sam's Club."

Okay maybe I missed the joke in that paragraph but Sam's Club is owned and operated by the Wal-Mart empire. Its still the same people getting rich off your purchases at either store!

Jean-Claude

--------------------
South End Signs
Jean-Claude Theriault
Halifax, NS

Posts: 172 | From: Halifax NS | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After some soul-searching I came up with two more trailer courts nearby and one more WalMart 12 miles away. Wonder if they sell Nasty Spumante?
Love.....Jill

--------------------
-Russ McMullin

David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was the joke Jean-Claude. [Wink]

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy Smokes! that area is soundin' worse than Chernobyl!! sp? [Smile] =(:

John

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faye welsh
Visitor
Member # 2524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faye welsh   Email faye welsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in defense of jill's toungue-in-cheek humor.....walmart is a standing joke all over the u.s. and especially in our small town. they are wiping out all the small town stores in our hometown,and many small towns all over america. much to my sadness,being an american who believes we were founded on freedom. have you ever heard of "cottage industry", a term used widely in america, and most of the world? also one which all of you are the backbone of; you would understand the walmart phenomenom. it is destroying small town america.if we can't poke fun at "dragons", we might as well sit in a corner and let them rule. by the way, i sent her that email. it was sent to me by a dear friend.we had a good laugh...priceless... [For Your Information] fiddles

[ January 29, 2005, 04:56 AM: Message edited by: faye welsh ]

--------------------
Faye Welsh (fiddles)
4848 cherry street
allison park, pa. 15101
fiddles51@yahoo.com

Posts: 259 | From: 4848 Cherry St. Allison Park,Pa. 15101 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If Wal*Mart doesn't sell something, then you don't need it!"

I heard that yesterday on the radio (NPR)WGLT here in Bloomington-Normal IL

I'm thinking they are pretty much right, although I find a few other things at SAM'S Club, which is wholesale Wal*Mart.

[Smile]

--------------------
Draper The Signmaker / Monumental Designs
http://www.monumentaldesigns.com

Posts: 2883 | From: Bloomington Illinois USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Upchurch
Visitor
Member # 209

I love the small town stores but what's the alternative to letting a Walmart in? Not letting one in. What mechanism do you put in place to deny a company access to the market place? If you set one up it's no longer a free market place. I believe in freedom. People should be allowed to vote with their pocket books.

All the big stores sell the same things, I can't be the only one frustrated with that. The smart mom and pop store owners stock the things the big boys don't. To me it's like complaining about franchise sign shops, I don't think they should be denied access to the public. If folks don't want it, the market place will dictate the outcome.

--------------------
Jim Upchurch
Artworks
Olympia WA

Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

....did I mention that most of the aforementioned Trailer Trash have all-caps Brush Script signs bought from the franchises? And the Yuppies have horrendous digital prints.
Nobody wants a hand-painter anymore.
Off to WalMart for some Chef Boyardeaux.
Love....Jill

--------------------
-Russ McMullin

Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There seems to be no way to stop the Wal-Mart "phenomenon". I have been travelling around the country for a few years, and have found several cities/counties that don't allow Wal-Mart stores. But they just go down the road to another county and open up.

Many small towns have capitalized on the influx of these superstores by converting their downtowns to tourist havens, with craft shops, art stores, etc. Some are truly beautiful; and once the shock of change wears off, they do quite well. Some of this can be read about in a book called Boom Town USA.

My personal feelings about Wal-Mart are love/hate. I hate the fact that many "mom 'n' pop" businesses have bit the dust since Wally World came to town. But I love the reality of being able to buy a dozen eggs, get my hair cut, make color copies of my recent photos, buy a new CD player, refill my wife's prescriptions, get my oil changed, pick up a couple of tropical fish, get tune-up parts for my lawnmower, and pick up a new printer cable for my computer....all without leaving the building.

The wine is just another thing they're trying....much like some of their stores sell used cars. And, I hear "two buck Chuck" is pretty decent. They had a piece about it on '48 Hours' awhile back, and were saying many outlets couldn't keep it in stock. It was a yuppy phenomenon. Whoopee.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbara Murrell
Visitor
Member # 3879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara Murrell   Author's Homepage   Email Barbara Murrell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jill,
Did you ever wonder why you bothered to post that funny email.

Come on folks it's a joke!!!! Not to be taken to heart. If we can't laugh we are all stuffed.

The best bottle of wine I had when I was in Kentucky was Red Truck. The blurb on the back started something like, do you remember driving your daddies truck................what nonsense.
Good wine and CHEAP!!!!

Keep telling those jokes Jill
Love Barbx

--------------------
Barbara Murrell
4 Elements (Global)Ltd
Ware Herts
England
barbara@4elementsglobal.com

Posts: 87 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Wal Mart requires cities and towns to PAY THEM for the "privelidge" of getting a Wal Mart, it's quite easy for a town to deny them access.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rovelle W. Gratz
Visitor
Member # 4404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rovelle W. Gratz   Author's Homepage   Email Rovelle W. Gratz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Wal-Martini mix...a bit pricey though, at $2.87 a gallon.

--------------------
Rove Gratz
Gratz Signs
342 Walden Station Drive
Macon, GA 31216
rovegratz@aol.com
Home Page: http://rove-342.tripod.com

Posts: 861 | From: Macon, GA 31216 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Si, I saw that RR at Wal-Mart this morning.
Parked in the handicaped parking, of course. I asked the old guy up front if it was his. Yah Right!

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Spring, TX

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!