Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » More trivia . . NOW you'll know everything . . .

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More trivia . . NOW you'll know everything . . .
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now you'll know everything . . .little trivial stuff you won't know how you got by without . . . [Big Grin]

~The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for blood plasma. [Cool]

~No piece of paper can be folded in half more than seven (7) times. [Confused]

~Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

~You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.

~Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty (50) years of age or older.

~The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.

~The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache. [Roll Eyes]

~American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one (1) olive from each salad served in first-class.

~Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.

~Apples , not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.

~Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.

~The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer .

~So did the first "Marlboro Man."

~Walt Disney was afraid of mice. [Eek!]

~Pearls melt in vinegar. [Frown]

~The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.

~It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.

~A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

~Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least six (6) feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush. [Eek!]

~Richard Millhouse Nixon was the first U.S. president whose name contains all the letters from the word "criminal."
The second ?
William Jefferson Clinton

And finally, [For Your Information]
~Turtles can breathe through their butts.

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corey Wine
Resident

Member # 1640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corey Wine   Author's Homepage   Email Corey Wine       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
~Richard Millhouse Nixon was the first U.S. president whose name contains all the letters from the word "criminal."
The second ?
William Jefferson Clinton

"at least when Clinton lied, no one died."

Very interesting facts. Thanks.

--------------------
Corey Wine
SignCONCEPTS
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 670 | From: Airdrie, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now it all makes sense.....I once saw a turtle with it's head stuck up another turtle's butt and a minnow lodged in it's own. [Eek!]

Apparently, a minnow got wedged in it's rearmost breathing apparatus and another turtle was attempting a deep sea rescue.

Ok...that was lame....but your trivia wasn't...very interesting.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faye welsh
Visitor
Member # 2524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faye welsh   Email faye welsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked you trivia, makes me want to take a cow for a trip upstairs.passes a winter day,better than listening to the steeler fans cry on the television. [Rolling On The Floor] love ya,dixie gal,fiddles

--------------------
Faye Welsh (fiddles)
4848 cherry street
allison park, pa. 15101
fiddles51@yahoo.com

Posts: 259 | From: 4848 Cherry St. Allison Park,Pa. 15101 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gene Golden   Author's Homepage   Email Gene Golden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise
That explains the "women are from Venus" theory.

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs
Gettysburg PA 17325 717-334-0200
genegolden@gettysburgsigns.com

"Art is knowing when to stop."

Posts: 1578 | From: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul McDowell
Visitor
Member # 5092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul McDowell   Author's Homepage   Email Paul McDowell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mythbusters (history channel?) disproved the quack echo thing and the toothbrush problem.

--------------------
Paul McDowell
7 Hills Signs
Virginia

Posts: 84 | From: Lynchburg, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 15 year old Red Oak in my front yard is crankin' out acorns like crazy. Now, if I can just get those squirrels to go back to the acorns rather than tearing the stuffing out of my wife's glider chair...

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David; salt that chair w/cayenne pepper and those squirrels will leave it alone, big time!!! works for bird feeder to keep those little critters at bay.

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Todd! 'SCoooooooooose me!! (lol)
Consider that you are abnormally hard to impress with this stuff will ya?? Besides, by it's very nature & definition trivia is . . .well, trivial! [Big Grin]

Corey, you know how you said:
quote:
"at least when Clinton lied, no one died."

No one that's been, identified or found YET..or that has'nt been paid off to keep quiet, etc. (lol)

WOOPS!! Politics! Politics!

I'll be gud!!
Please don' lock us up mass'ah may'ah!!

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha Sheila,

see how things can be misread? I saw Todds post and thought he was being rude, until I read it the way he typed it. He's acually saying HIS story was lame but your trivia wasn't. It looks like he said your trivia wasn't very interesting, when I think he means the opposite.

hmmmm, very interestin!!

Suelynn
[Wink]

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Upchurch
Visitor
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Upchurch   Email Jim Upchurch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

I work hard because millions on welfare depend on me.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

I'm not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

NyQuil, the stuffy, sneezy, why-the-heck-is-the-room-spinning
medicine.

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Being "over the hill" is much better than being under it!

Procrastinate Now!

I have a degree in liberal arts; do you want fries with that?

A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance.

Stupidity is not a handicap. Park elsewhere!

A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.

Ham and eggs. A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

The original point and click interface was a Smith and Wesson.

Make your words sweet & tender today, for tomorrow you may have to eat them.

I smile because I don't know what the hell is going on.

--------------------
Jim Upchurch
Artworks
Olympia WA

Posts: 797 | From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corey Wine
Resident

Member # 1640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corey Wine   Author's Homepage   Email Corey Wine       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God please, not politics!
Oh no, now I am throwing Religion in too!!
haha.
Just got back from California and those "lied" stickers are on alot of bumpers!!!!!

Don't be an itchy trigger finger out there....Todd liked your trivia!!!

--------------------
Corey Wine
SignCONCEPTS
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 670 | From: Airdrie, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL to all y'all's cute comments. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Sue . . .lynn . . .now . . .I see . . .how using those . . .pause marks . . .can be . . .confusing. [Big Grin]

Jim!!! [Rolling On The Floor] I'm inspired to letter out a few of these for the shop!!! . . .but will I DO it?

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Jim Upchurch
Visitor
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Upchurch   Email Jim Upchurch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheila, don't wait. Procrasinate now!

--------------------
Jim Upchurch
Artworks
Olympia WA

Posts: 797 | From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooops. I just reread this thread...and noticed my own post and thought, "Did I write that?!" thinking it sounded really rude....

That was very poor communication on my part....here's what I really meant...hopefully this will read better:

Ok...that was lame(my post)....but your trivia wasn't (your trivia wasn't lame). Very interesting (your trivia was very interesting). [Frown] Sorry 'bout that.

Edit: Thanks for bailing me out of that one Suelynn! [Wink]

[ January 26, 2005, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Todd Gill ]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

LOL Todd . . .
It's ok . . .Hey, even if ya would'a really meant it was uninteresting??

I was a'reddy over it . . . [Big Grin]

I did'nt haf'ta develope thick skin AFTER I got to Letterville. . .I was basically born with it. (lol) [Big Grin]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Rovelle W. Gratz
Visitor
Member # 4404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rovelle W. Gratz   Author's Homepage   Email Rovelle W. Gratz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A picture is worth a thousand words.....but it takes words to say that.

Top ten reasons not to Procrastinate:

--------------------
Rove Gratz
Gratz Signs
342 Walden Station Drive
Macon, GA 31216
rovegratz@aol.com
Home Page: http://rove-342.tripod.com

Posts: 861 | From: Macon, GA 31216 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!