Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » You GOTTA see this truck in my shop (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: You GOTTA see this truck in my shop
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I had this truck in my shop... 'cept it didn't belong in there.

It arrived at 2:30 this morning, made quite a racket too.

Wish I could get a copy of the 9-1-1 call, probably confused the dispatcher:

"911 What is your emergency?"
"I have a truck in my garage!"

"You have a truck in your garage? What is the emergency, Sir?"

"Oh! It doesn't belong there! It just crashed through the wall!"

Everyone's OK though. No structural damage to the rest of the house so I dont have to relocate. My workshop and part of the business is completely out of commission, I mean I have heavy duty cast iron equipment that was just destroyed.

I have some other pics that need to be downloaded from the camera, they show the path this dude took.

He was DUI.

By the way, that's an F250. It suffered very minor damage - some scratches, dents in the hood and bumper. It even hit a trailer with 2,000lbs of rock on it. I do love my garage, that's a big truck and the big ol' garage makes it look like a little toy! [Smile]

-
 -
 -

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Parr
Visitor
Member # 3868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Parr   Email Dave Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FORD BUILDS TOUGH TRUCKS! hehehe

Sorry Mike, that would be quite a drag. [Bash]

--------------------
Dave Parr
Sign Painter
USA

Posts: 709 | From: USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Moss
Visitor
Member # 4295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Moss   Email Kent Moss       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They sure don't make that sign foam & chicken wire as good as in the old day's.

Thank God it didn't hit your bedroom.

--------------------
Kent Moss
Greg Moss Signs

Posts: 363 | From: Wilbraham, MA / Charleston,SC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW... what a mess! Glad you are ok!

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, this could have easily been much worse. The other pics I have that show his path also show that if he had swerved a little more to the left, he would have hit a steeper part of my yard which would have sent him airborne, likely landing in the front bedroom, in the living area, or my bedroom which is in the back of the house behind the garage.

Yeah the way they build houses today is just pathetic. I thought I was goin overboard on my new place planning on 2ft thick rock walls (that's what the rock on the trailer is for) but after seeing this, I'm not overboard at all!

--------------------

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faye welsh
Visitor
Member # 2524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faye welsh   Email faye welsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we just had a new mustang go through a neighbor's house ,mike. right into the livingroom,and partially a bedroom. thank goodness, no one was hurt. the car is trashed. another case of DUI. it was a young guy, he jumped out and ran into the woods. police didn't find him till they ran his plate. pink slip still on the seat. [Frown] . dumb kid.

--------------------
Faye Welsh (fiddles)
4848 cherry street
allison park, pa. 15101
fiddles51@yahoo.com

Posts: 259 | From: 4848 Cherry St. Allison Park,Pa. 15101 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hunt
Visitor
Member # 4637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hunt   Email Dave Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad your okay Mike....

Wish I could say the same for your house.

--------------------
Dave Hunt
Derby Line, VT

Posts: 157 | From: Derby Line, VT | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what did he want lettered on it?

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rovelle W. Gratz
Visitor
Member # 4404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rovelle W. Gratz   Author's Homepage   Email Rovelle W. Gratz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give him a copy of your hours and tell him next time wait until the shop is open.

Glad nobody got hurt.

--------------------
Rove Gratz
Gratz Signs
342 Walden Station Drive
Macon, GA 31216
rovegratz@aol.com
Home Page: http://rove-342.tripod.com

Posts: 861 | From: Macon, GA 31216 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Them Rush jobs suck huh? Hope you have insurance, or I should say hope the driver has insurance.

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't aware that you had added drive thru service to Stickerpimp.com... [Wink]

We are really glad that you are OK. No pity for drunk drivers. He deserves an asskicking, that's for sure.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's gonna leave a mark. [Razz]

Glad you weren't hurt and hope the dealings with insurance aren't too painful.

We have drive-thru restaurants, banks, strip clubs....why not a drive-thru stickerpimp? [Smile]

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So can you impliment Maritime laws and claim salvage rights?

That entire area was once ocean you know!

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did you letter this guys truck?

<The guy> "I hate this lettering job so much I'm gonna drive my truck thru his door"

Glad to hear your Ok there.

Nothing a little duct tape, baling wire and fiberglass cant fix anyway

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw shucks, he just mistook your place for a Burger King.
Don't you have a huge inflatable Sponge Bob on your roof?
He wanted a Krabby Patty to go.
Love....Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Will your insurance cover your loss of wages while you are waiting to repair your equipment and workspace? That really sux!! Glad no one was hurt!

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should have been ready for him, striper loaded with paint... in position.... one side striped in 3 seconds. [Rolling On The Floor]

Glad you're not hurt. Hope he's responsible for any deductables and misc. expenses. Good luck.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh he's gonna get it alright.

The accident reconstruction officer came by this morning to measure and he had some additional legal insight to this. (Recons are required to attend law school)

The driver still has a chance of being charged with a MINIMUM Class 4 Felony. In Arizona this means TWO AND A HALF YEARS in prison. It also carries fines starting at $100k. This is all because he hit personal property, if he hit another vehicle it would be a different story.

The recon officer is coming by tomorrow with a copy of the report and the Victim's Rights forms to help spell everything out.

Dealing with his insurance company is the LEAST of this guy's concerns. His brother (co-owner in the business) stopped by yesterday to take pictures, he downplayed the whole deal saying "It's embarrassing for the company but nobody was hurt and we'll get through it." Gee dude, your brother is facing prison time, it's a little more involved than some minor embarrassment.

The police are ready to push this case to the limit.

This could be a rollercoaster ride.

--------------------

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Gavin Chachere
Visitor
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gavin Chachere   Email Gavin Chachere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should be ready to push it to the limit as well. All DUI's should carry mandantory jail time like that,make sure he gets it. Talk to the police and the DA on your own as much as possible and make it clear you won't be thrilled if he pleads down to a lesser charge...a common ploy with idiots who get DUI's is is to claim he has some kinda problem or some other BS and needs counseling or some other kind of crap.....baloney. Mighty funny he's 1/2 owner of a business,which by the way is still operational.....yours isn't. This more than likely isnt this a-holes first DUI and probably won't be his last and his brother knows that,thats why he came by and tried to downplay it and make nice....don't go easy on him and just be happy getting the garage fixed and your stuff back,,that doesnt make him pay for anything,it may cost him a few more $$$$$ each month in insurance but you and your business have already lost more plus you're out the inconvience and temporary relocation of your business. Pursue it

--------------------
Gavin Chachere
Plotter in the garage,New Orleans La.

"Sgts Shugart and Gordon again request permission to rope down to crash site two"

Posts: 1223 | From: new orleans.la. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Yeah Gavin, if the police don't persue the charges, I probably will, just to make an example out of him.

This is his first DUI but possibly not his last unless he gets stung pretty hard. The recon officer already dug up his file and it's pretty clean....

HOWEVER... this story appeared in today's paper, in the section with all the other crime reports. This dude's blood alcohol content was .264% on the breath test (3 times the legal limit) and .206% on the Intoxilyzer. Can you believe that???

--------------------

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,

The fact that his BAC was that high and he was still able to somewhat function tells me that he is an experienced drinker and has reached a level of intoxication many times before. It is probably by sheer dumb luck and circumstances that he hasn't had an incident before this.

It didn't happen to you, maybe it wouldn't bother us as much. The whole thing sucks for you. I really believe the guy deserves an asskicking.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Bruce, exactly.

This guy wasn't staggering at all. He had to climb a set of stairs to get from the garage to the door into my house, because there was no other way for him to get out. (the garage floor is about 4-5ft lower than the house) I didn't want him in my garage. He didnt stumble, simply amazing now that I see the blood alcohol content numbers.

--------------------

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd let the law worry about his DUI, just make sure the Insurance Co takes care of everything Mike.

Just be thankful it wasn't you he hit or another human being.

I hope you get up and running soon.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. . . . Ever notice how many times the DWI perp never gets more than a bruise or scratch, but everything around their scene is destroyed, and people are seriously injured or killed . . .? [Roll Eyes]

Thanks to a well-pickled, rag-doll body, many would-be carcasses of alcoholics are never scraped up by the meat wagon, only living to try to die again on some other knee-walkin' binge. . . .
(myself and many others are living proof)

LOL . . Mike made us laugh on the CHAT sayin' here he is, a reclusive, keep-to-himself kinda guy who dosent bother anyone . . .and someone just pounds into his place this way?? [Big Grin]

. . .MADD . . . Mike Against Drunk Drivers [Big Grin]

A life turned over to the Highest Power is the only sure preventative . . . [Wink]
A manslaughter charge is the only (temporary) preventative, assuming the perp actually does any real time . . .

Around here, fines don't seem to curtail DUI's, nor losin' the driver's license.
I watched a coupl'a repeat offenders in court simply walk up there, answer a coupl'a of the judge's questions, pay their $500 & $600 fines, and walk out free . . . repetative men . . .

Huh . . imagine that

....if you got $$$ you can pretty much buy your way out'a ANYTHING...

Oh yeh . . .Bruce . . .not to be negative about your VERY positive motto . . . but some of my greatest regrets . . .
are the chances I took . . .
True enough, the regretable risks were my strongest catapults toward reality . . .but they still remain as what's left of my worst memories . . . .

On a positive note, my worst memories will never allow me to go back and repeat them. . . [Wink]

[ December 13, 2004, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Dirkes
Visitor
Member # 1000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Dirkes   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Dirkes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,
Glad everyone is OK.
Does Arizona's insurance law allow for 'no-fault'?
The couple of times I've had to deal with accidents the PIP (no-fault)in Ky, my insurance co. paid out for damages, lost wages, etc. Then the insurance cos. fight it out to recover their expenses.
The only time that it didn't apply, it took four years and $34k to get it settled. I was left with a $68k settlement.
Good Luck nailin this guy!

--------------------
Bill Dirkes
Cornhole Art LLC
Bellevue, Ky.
Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are.

Posts: 591 | From: Bellevue,Ky. US | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Spradling
Visitor
Member # 1615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Spradling   Email Jeff Spradling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is just one of the consequences of owning a garage near a road.It looks like the original construction wasn’t done properly.My garage has steal siding and I’ve never had this problem.I think the guy should just have to drop off some new building materials,Mike can just redo the garage and move on with business.

Jeff

--------------------
Jeff's Lettering
Lisa,Luke,Dara, and Jeff Spradling
5742 Shattuck Rd. Belvidere, Il.
61008 815-544-0167

Surviving another day.

Posts: 626 | From: Belvidere, IL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark zilliox
Resident

Member # 3873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark zilliox   Author's Homepage   Email mark zilliox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it looks like you'll be having christmas dinner by headlight instead of candellight!@**$##@!!!1

--------------------
mark zilliox
mark z signs
8425 pushaw station rd.
owings md. 20736
301-855-5407 thezs@earthlink.net
http://www.markzsigns.com

Posts: 348 | From: maryland | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rovelle W. Gratz
Visitor
Member # 4404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rovelle W. Gratz   Author's Homepage   Email Rovelle W. Gratz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no patience with drunks.

I drink quite a lot myself, probably almost a 6 pack each year.

I was watching a TV show about drunks one evening.....this one guy had 27 DUIs on his record.
He should have been poured in the foundation of the new jail.

--------------------
Rove Gratz
Gratz Signs
342 Walden Station Drive
Macon, GA 31216
rovegratz@aol.com
Home Page: http://rove-342.tripod.com

Posts: 861 | From: Macon, GA 31216 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in '93, my mother was sitting in her car at a red light. All of a sudden this big truck comes hauling a** around all of the other cars waiting for the light oposite her and slams pretty much head on into her.

Turns out the guy had a blood alcohol level of.32 (nice,huh?)and he's standing there yelling that the cars stopped at the light were "in his way!" so he drove around them, doing about 60 and plowed through the light.

He of course walked away with nary a scratch and my mother barely made it out alive. She's still not 100%, or even 70% for that matter.

This was the guys 6th (!!!!) DUI. Different states so they never got lumped together for a longer sentence. I think he got about 5 years that time.

The people at MADD were amazing. They went to every court hearing with her for support, helped her fill out all the forms to get new glasses and other insurance stuff. If anything like that ever happens to you, call them!

Good luck Mike!

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, you must be joking?

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't let go of this Mike...

This joker was playing with the lives of you & your family...

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Williams
Visitor
Member # 691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Williams   Email Bruce Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be prepared for the other side fight as if they have everything to lose, and thus nothing to lose. Meet with your insuror's attorney ASAP and see that he is prepared for a dirty fight. It is in your interest for your insuror to win.

--------------------
Bruce Williams
Lexington KY

Posts: 945 | From: Lexington, KY, USA | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Spradling:
This is just one of the consequences of owning a garage near a road.It looks like the original construction wasn’t done properly.My garage has steal siding and I’ve never had this problem.I think the guy should just have to drop off some new building materials,Mike can just redo the garage and move on with business.

Jeff

It doesn't matter. The police report states he was traveling 60MPH. No wood-framed structure will withstand that. He wiped out so much stuff before hitting the house, some paper thin steel siding wouldn't make a difference.

By the way.. so far it's been 4 days... I've put in several calls to the insurance companies involved. No adjusters have called, none have stopped by.. Must be a west coast lazy-ass thing or something because any time I had an incurance claim while living in St Louis I was able to meet an adjuster the same day I called the insurance company.

Damn insurance robots. I did talk with one agent at the driver's insurance co, the one handling this claim. I had to email pictures for her to wrap her mind around the severity of this incident - they just have absolutely NO clue!

Tell ya what, the digital age is probably making insurance adjusters pee their pants. Everyone and their brother can now shoot high quality images so insurance companies cannot rely on themselves having the only photos, which conveniently only show very vague detail.

[ December 15, 2004, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Mike Pipes ]

--------------------

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Michael Latham
Visitor
Member # 4477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Latham   Email Michael Latham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you at least get to keep the truck?

--------------------
Michael A Latham
Tee's Me Shirt & Sign
16462 Jefferson Davis Highway
Colonial Heights Va. 804-835-3299
signdogopie@aol.com

Posts: 379 | From: Colonial Heights, Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Pagan
Visitor
Member # 2507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Pagan   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Pagan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just read, glad to hear you're all ok.

--------------------
Scott Pagan
Admark Graphic Systems
Admark Motorsports Graphics
9700 Metromont Ind Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28269
www.admarkgraphics.com

Posts: 325 | From: Charlotte, NC | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
them pics.... send em to bob s,, let him make you a life size poster and use it for an exterior coating..

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5273 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few years ago some drunken stumblef*ck like this went off the road down near the beach. Went through and over a 3' high stone retaining wall, across a lawn, and destroyed a sign (snapped off two 8"x8" posts), then fled the scene. He was a realtor who was out celebrating a six-million dollar sale; driving a borrowed Jaguar with an expired Florida license and no insurance. I replaced the sign (it's at a B&B) and was asked to testify against this slimeball in court, that the sign he destroyed could not have been repaired (it was a redwood sign and was shattered in six or eight pieces.)

My client spent two years chasing this case. The driver had multiple DWI charges - but no convictions - and didn't show up for several court dates until a judge finally issued a bench warrant. Because he had no insurance, they ended up settling the case for $14,000, and as far as I know, no criminal charges were filed - this guy was from a well-connected Rhode Island family, the sort of people who pretty much get a free pass in that corrupt little semi-Third World state.

Some drunks never quite get it. Another guy I know from around town holds the current Connecticut state record for number of DWI convictions (somewhere around twenty or so). He hasn't had a license in years, will never have one again, has spent three months - just once - in jail, and been threatened with a five-to-ten sentence next time.... but he's from a wealthy family whose lawyers have greased the skids over and over. Apparently it hasn't been taken too seriously because he hasn't killed anyone. Yet.

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

No I don't want the truck. Damaged goods. If I was offered a new one at no charge with 5 years of free gas I'd take it but those things are pigs.

Cam, in AZ just because someone loses their license from DUI it doesn't mean they cannot drive. Get this, if driving is part of daily operations in your job (delivery, carrier, contractor, etc) you are allowed to drive on a suspended license if it's business/work related. You can't make any personal trips, but how hard is it to squeeze personal errands in with business stuff? Basically completely negates the whole DUI/license suspension.

That's what really makes me mad. I lose thousands in equipment and a vehicle. I'm stripped of a portion of my income-making potential because I obviously have no place to do some of my work. On top of that I get to deal with the insurance robots and lose income having to deal with them on the phone constantly. Compounded with that frustration is the emotional overload that comes with thinking this guy could have easily come through the house and made things worse.

All this damage he caused, what's his punishment? His brother and co-owner of their business comes in and drops $1,000 for his bail within an hour of going to jail. He gets to continue on with his work and daily life as normal - it's not his house or shop area that was destroyed. His business has several vehicles he can use plus he has his own personal vehicles.

It's just a little blip of embarrassment for them.

We'll see what the judge says in court next week, but I definitely think I'm going to bring him a big stack of photos so he can see exactly what kind of damage this guy did. Seems everyone has a hard time wrapping their brains around the concept of a truck driving through a house.

--------------------

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This idiot didn't just drive through a house, he drove through your business, your livelihood, your method of putting food on the table and paying the bills. It would be no different than him driving through the courtroom except that the judge would still get a paycheck while he was unable to work while the city was given this porking by the insurance companies.

Perhaps the insurance agent, adjuster should be prompted to consider it this way. Exactly how long should they have to wait if this drunk driving piece of feces drove through their office, shutting them down and they were bent over by the insurance company for how many days now?

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what the fuk is wrong with people???

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!