Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT Did Santa exist??OT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT Did Santa exist??OT
Steven Girard
Visitor
Member # 3931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steven Girard   Author's Homepage   Email Steven Girard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are approximately two billion children (persons under 18) in the
world. However, since Santa does not visit children of Muslim, Hindu,
Jewish, or Buddhist (except maybe in Japan) religions, this reduces the
workload for Christmas night to 15%of the total, or 378 million. At an
average rate of 3.5 children per household, that comes to 108 million
homes, presuming that there is at least one good child in each. Santa
has about 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different
time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to
west. This works out to be 967,7 visits per second. This is to say
that for each Christian household with a good child, Santa has around
1/1000th of a second to park the sleigh, hop out, jump down the chimney,
fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree,
eat whatever snacks have been left for him, get back up the chimney,
jump into the sleigh and get on to the next house.

Assuming that each of these 108 million stops is evenly distributed
around the earth, we are now talking about .78 miles per household; a
total trip of 75.5 million miles, not counting bathroom breaks. This
means Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second-- 3000 times the
speed of sound. For the purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made
vehicle, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second,
and a conventional reindeer can run at best at 15 miles per hour.

The payload of the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming
each child gets nothing more then a medium sized lego set (two pounds),
the sleigh is carrying over 500 thousand tons, not counting Santa
himself. On land, a conventional reindeer could pull no more then 300
pounds. Even granting that a flying reindeer could pull ten times that
much, the job can't be done with eight or even nine reindeer. Santa
would need 360,000 reindeer. This increases the payload, not counting
the sleigh, another 54000 tons, or roughly seven times the weight of the
Queen Elizabeth (the ship). 600,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per
second creates an enormous air resistance that would heat up the
reindeer in much the same fashion as a spacecraft re-entering the
earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer would absorb 14.3
quintillion joules of energy per second, each. In short, they would
burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind
them and creating deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire
reindeer team would be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second, or
right about the time Santa reached his fifth house.

Not that that matters, however, because Santa, as a result of
accelerating from a dead stop to 650 mi/sec in .001 seconds, would be
subjected to acceleration forces of 17,500 g's. A 250 pound Santa
(being kind) would be pinned to the back of the sleigh by 4,315015
pounds of force, instantly crushing his bones and organs and reducing
him to a quivering blob of pink and red goo.

Therefore, if Santa did exist, he's dead now.
Merry Christmas.

--------------------
Steven Girard
steven@lettragesgirard.com

http://www.lettragesgirard.com
all texts are in french, all the pics are in english....hiihih

Posts: 147 | From: Val-Bélair, QC. canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Science isn't always right. [Razz]

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rovelle W. Gratz
Visitor
Member # 4404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rovelle W. Gratz   Author's Homepage   Email Rovelle W. Gratz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven, you ruined my Christmas. I was going to stay up this year and see if I could catch him. Moving that fast, I wouldn't even be able to see him, so I guess I'll go to bed early again this year.

--------------------
Rove Gratz
Gratz Signs
342 Walden Station Drive
Macon, GA 31216
rovegratz@aol.com
Home Page: http://rove-342.tripod.com

Posts: 861 | From: Macon, GA 31216 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, but you see, Santa is not an ordinary human being. Being the special soul that he is, things that hurt us, do not hurt him. And so goes his reindeer too. They, like him, are protected by an unknown force from any harm. Those of us that believe know what this force is, but I cant tell you. You have to figure that one out. But if you are a doubter, forget it. Only those that are true Santa believers can see, feel,and understand these types of things.
Merry Christmas!

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Latham
Visitor
Member # 4477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Latham   Email Michael Latham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the red suit I tell you! He and It are magic. Anyone have a problem with that? If yo do then no presents for you because I'm sure he reads this board and expecially this post!

--------------------
Michael A Latham
Tee's Me Shirt & Sign
16462 Jefferson Davis Highway
Colonial Heights Va. 804-835-3299
signdogopie@aol.com

Posts: 379 | From: Colonial Heights, Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaha...you guys kill me.
Since we like to open our presents on Chrismas Eve (my husband works every Christmas morning) - we tell my daughter that Santa is SO busy that he drops her stuff off early. Then he does a quick fly-by after she goes to sleep that night and fills her stocking up. My husband has also convinced her that by the time Santa gets all the way to Southern California, he's ready for a big bourbon on the rocks with his cookies. Only so much milk a guy can drink. [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am trying to be a bad boy so Santa will fill my stocking full of coal. Hey, with the price of coal, it will be good for heating the house!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 3 year old granddaughter thinks that Santa lives at the front doors at Wal-Mart and will only talk and sing to you if you step on the button by his toes.

[ November 28, 2004, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Laura Butler ]

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Schuttinga
Visitor
Member # 2821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter Schuttinga   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Schuttinga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All those calculations are based on the fact that we humans experience time as something that moves forward at a constant rate and we have no ability to alter it's forward march. We've been brainwashed throughout the centuries, we simply do not understand that the world can exist without time. A whole lot of things can happen between each tick of the clock, just consider all the things that are happening in a single instance at any given moment throughout our little world, then expand that horizon and consider the universe.
Cosider this: there are times when we perceive time as just flying by, as when we are having a great time. Consider then your perception of time when you are listening to a relative re-tell a story you've heard just once to many times. Or when you couldn't sleep at night and all you could do is listen to your partner sleep.
Also consider the fact that your dreams that seem to go on forever may in fact have occured only during a second or two during you etire nights sleep.
Try a little experiment tonight. Close your eyes and imagine time, count the seconds until you fall asleep, then keep counting. In the morning when you wake up ask yourself how far you got.
Your dreams know no time boundaries, therefor anything is possible, you just need to dream it.

ps a flaming raindeer doing mach 10 would look pretty cool screaming through the winter night sky....lol

--------------------
"Are we having fun yet?"
Peter Schuttinga
DZines Sign Studio
1617 Millstream rd
Victoria BC
V9B-6G4

Posts: 521 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... he knows if you've been bad or good, ... so be good for goodness sakes! ... [Smile]

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!