Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » GIVING INTERVIEWS - -do's & dont's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GIVING INTERVIEWS - -do's & dont's
Corey Wine
Resident

Member # 1640

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Corey Wine   Author's Homepage   Email Corey Wine       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all,

I am in the process of accepting resumes and want to know what questions I CAN & SHOULD ask when giving a potential employee an interview? In the same, what questions CAN'T & SHOULDN'T be asked?

I have been the sole owner/quoter/fabricator/installor/designer/collector of monies for far too long. This will be my first employee.

Thanks.

--------------------
Corey Wine
SignCONCEPTS
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 670 | From: Airdrie, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canada may be very different but here in the states you're not suppposed to ask about age, marital status - basically anything personal that they can come back at you for discrimination.

I know that prospective employers often make the mistake of doing all of the talking in the interview and the applicant just sits there and smiles and nods their head and then you don't get a feel for who they are.

Try not to just dismiss someone without really talking to them and addressing whatever concerns you might have. When I was 23, I applied for a job as the personal assistant to the VP of a printing brokerage company. She basically blew me off because I was younger and had gone through many jobs in a short amount of time (I had moved, been laid off, etc, etc). Anyway, she told me that was her concern and I sat down and wrote her a note after our interview - told her that I was looking for something that I COULD stay at for a long time and that I really believed it was a good fit. She told me that she had NO intention of hiring me but then she saw beyond her concerns. She gave me the job and I worked there for 7 years. She and I became quite the team. To this day, she is like family to me. In fact, she was the first person to come to the hospital when my daughter was born.

[ November 19, 2004, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Kimberly Zanetti ]

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corey Wine
Resident

Member # 1640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corey Wine   Author's Homepage   Email Corey Wine       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeh, an interview is a 2 way street. They are interviewing you as well. Ever been to an interview and left 30 minutes later saying to yourself, "There is NO WAY I am working for that guy"!

How about calling their past employers.......what queestions can and can't you ask them about this potential employee???

--------------------
Corey Wine
SignCONCEPTS
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 670 | From: Airdrie, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corey,
I think you can ask their former employers anything you want but here in the states they are limited as to what they can say to YOU. They can rave about the person but they can't badmouth them. If someone gives you a neutral response, I'd take that as a negative. There might be something bad they want to tell you but can't.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corey

I was where you are five years ago. Take your time! Be sure to clearly define what you expect from your new person. I have the tendancy to want to control EVERYTHING! That comes with being all alone for so long.

Make sure to let go of the responsibility. There is nothing worse to an employee than to be followed around or second guessed. There is a fine line between thouroughly training and babysitting. You eventually want to get to a point where they are empowered to make minor decisions.

Never hire a temporary person for a permanant position. If your intention is permanant, hire permanant. Don't be afraid to terminate. The only thing worse than no employee is the wrong employee. I hired and fired four people to fill a position earlier this year. Now, I feel the right person is in place. I never fired anyone before.

If I hire an untrained person, they must sign a No-Compete agreement. It keeps you from training your future competition.

If your position is secreterial, stress confidentiality, and be sure they understand phone ediquete and Quickbooks. I spent money to train my secretary in Quickbooks....Money well spent!

Sorry for rambling, but is is a broad question,...and a very good one. [Cool]

[ November 19, 2004, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Rick Beisiegel ]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3486 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Green
Visitor
Member # 3508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Green   Email Jeff Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Corey,
let me know what you are looking for, might be able to help you out!

Jeff

--------------------
Jeff Green
Taylor Signs
jeff92@shaw.ca

Posts: 113 | From: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. . . . do all those personality tests, and handwriting anaylsis . . . get a better idea of WHO your dealin' with before you give them a specific job.

You don't want a girl with a cleptomanical disposition to be handlin' your books . . .

Also, do drug tests. You don't want a crack head hockin' your Milwualkee tools . . .

LOL . . I'm kind'a kiddin' . . . .

Hey Corey, you did'nt specify what position you're tryin' to fill . . . .different questions for different job expectations . . . the first questions I always ask are . . . if they know what post hole diggers are, and how to use them . . . [Smile]

But, for fillin' a serious full-time position .. I would want at least 3 personal, and 3 previous job references. . . .whom I could call and discuss the potential employee with. [Wink]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. . . . do all those personality tests, and handwriting anaylsis . . . get a better idea of WHO your dealin' with before you give them a specific job.

You don't want a girl with a cleptomanical disposition to be handlin' your books . . .

Also, do drug tests. You don't want a crack head hockin' your Milwualkee tools . . .

LOL . . I'm kind'a kiddin' . . . .

Hey Corey, you did'nt specify what position you're tryin' to fill . . . .different questions for different job expectations . . . the first questions I always ask are . . . if they know what post hole diggers are, and how to use them . . . [Smile]

But, for fillin' a serious full-time position .. I would want at least 3 personal, and 3 previous job references. . . .whom I could call and discuss the potential employee with. [Wink]

I would also post a sign: We descriminate against liars, theives, the lazy or stupid. If you fit into one of these catagories, we are not hiring at this time. Please seek positions you are more qualified for such as, Attorny, mail-scammer, movie critique or Mc d's.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha...you just gave me another idea for the showroom..Sheila.
A fine looking nameplate made of black walnut with gold leaf or something else really fancy; "R.Wayne Webb II, PHD"
with really small text underneath "post hole digger"

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7404 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ask 'em whatever you want because they'll always tell you what you want to hear.

Ask them WHY they left their previous job, WHY they're coming to you, and WHY should you hire them?

You'll find out if they can hold their own once you put them to work.

If you call previous employers ask them about things that might be important to you - punctuality, trustworthiness, credibility, attitude.. can you count on them to show up every day and actually do their work? How did they get along with other employees?

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corey

Former employee here. The interviews Ive had in the past were really laid back. The questions they asked me were what machines and programs I could run and what skills I possesed, showed them my portfolio, got a shop tour. Pretty basic stuff. Try not to be uptight about it. Just BS with them for a little and see what they're like. Those types of interviews made me relaxed. And i got hired.

I had one interview at a franchise shop that was a nightmare!(i needed work bad at the time) They grilled me for about half an hour with questions like:
Where do you see yourself in five years?
What Hobbies do you have?
What are your weaknesses?
What are your strenghts?
We work 12 hour days, can you?
Describe yourself in one word.
Why do you want to work here?
Are you loyal?
Do you smoke? (cigarettes) If you do can you quit.

Then I got a Sign Test. Spelling test and math test.

Here I am a professional being asked these dumb questions like I'm applying for a stock boy position. Basically I would say stay away from this type of questioning. They'll feed you a bunch of BS and just tell you what they think you want to hear. It all seems sooo phony.

So basically just be cool about it.

Hey Rick isnt everyone you hire potential competition?????????? Cant figger out why you're sooo worried about that. Ive had employers try and have me sign some stoopid contract bascially saying they owned me. Every job that comes along my way i had to give to them. Dont think sooo. What i do on my own time is my own business not there's! Dont expect any loyalty from employees if you treat them like you own them!

My last employer tried to pull that crap on me. Dont think so! Buh bye!

Stevo

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to know if they like to cook. I mean, if you can't count on them bringing home baked goodies to work, ..... well, then what's the point in going any further?! [Wink]

If they pass that test, here's some other suggestions...

1.) What is your most significant accomplishment?
2.) Verbalize your philosophy on your work ethic, comittment and integrity to your job.
3.) What aspects of this job seem most appealing to you?
4.) What aspects of this job seem least attractive to you?
5.) How do you handle yourself in a fast-paced environment?
6.) What have you done to support fellow employees in past jobs?
7.)How would you describe your organizational abilities?
8.) What kind of work environment are you most comfortable with?
9.)In a past job, when did you find it necessary to disagree with your supervisor? How did you approach him/her and what was the result?
10.) How would you describe your attendance and punctuality habits? Are you a morning or evening person?
11.)What is the most creative thing you have done in a past job? How did it occur?
12.) What experience do you have with computer graphics programs? Hand lettering/ illustration skills?
13.) How would you define effective communication as it relates to employers, co-workers, and clients?
14.) Please describe an experience where you had to work through a conflict between yourself and another employee/employer. What was the resolution?
15.) Let's say you've spent 16 hours working on a project you are especially proud of, and your supervisor reviews it and suggests several major changes; what would your reaction be?
16.) You discover certain tricks that make your jobs go faster, smoother, or in some way add to the successful conclusion of the job. How do you feel about sharing your new found knowledge with co-workers and supervisors? Do you consider yourself a team player? What attributes do you exhibit that would indicate you are interested in the success of the company in whole rather than things that serve to promote your personal standing in the company?
16.) Are you capable of tearing yourself away from a creative project to pitch in and help with monotonous, low-skill level duties that must be accomplished?

Hope this helps.

P.S. Steve-O, employers have the right to demand loyalty and conflict-free hobbies. If your after-hours jobs aren't agreed upon up-front and you're uncomfortable with an employer/employee relationship....then you're probably best suited to be self employed.

Then - - when your business grows to a point where you need to hire employees yourself, you will have to address the same concerns your prior would-be employers had when considering you for a job.

I do see your point about 'feeling owned' but a little bit of that feeling is never fully escapable when you have decided to work for someone else who is responsible for the risk involved in running a business. [Smile]

[ November 19, 2004, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Todd Gill ]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never had a problem with employees! Of course I have never had any because of the following:

SHOP RULES:

1. THE BOSS IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

2. IF THE BOSS IS WRONG, REFFER TO RULE NO.1 !

[Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Wow Todd . . . we don't even have any viabley potential employees who could even READ all that around here . . . [Big Grin] .

Any one else who could be considered real 'help' already HAS a job.

The available 'help' here is going to be a male between the ages of 16 to 22. His race will be black or white. He will wear large pants but he will not own a belt. Have you ever seen any one try to dig post holes with their pants fallin' down?? lol.
He will have the equivalent of a 6th grade education across the board, and be a high school drop out. His female counterpart, while seeming to have a somewhat larger mental capacity for say, words, seems to be somewhat less able to move major limbs, such as arms and legs for instance, tho' ocassionally will have a more interesting hair-do colour.. They will all have, regardless of race or sex, a rather ubonic grasp on the english language

Here's how he/she would introduce themselves and answer a few of your questions:

"Yo . . .my mamma say she gon' send you sum c'onbread over here 'cuz she don heard you like stuff cooked and all . . . "

2. Well uh you kno' . . .I kno' I'mo work 'cuz my mama say she gon' throw me out or put me in detention if I don' get a job doin' somethin' . . .

3. I nee' sum muney.

4. I cain't pick up no heavy stuff.

6. When dis' guy lie 'bout my homey, I bust his head.

Questions number 9, 13, 14, & 15 (see reply to number 6)

10. I can be here anytime, but I don' won' come REAL early. . . .like 10 or 11 (am), is ok but I nee' to leave at 3 an' pick up my lil' bro from schoo' you kno'.

16. Yeh . . .uh... what I'm gon' be doin' creative!?!

But Todd, depending on your geographics, your application is quite informative and very good for opening & assessing communication skills, as well as helping you to decipher a persons usable skills. It's very important to match a person to tasks they are physcologically & naturally suited for as they will enjoy their work and you will get the most from them. [Wink]

[ November 19, 2004, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the years I have interviewed a lot of sign and "not so" sign people...I have never hired anyone that said they were looking for a job!

I have how ever hired everyone that has asked for work!

One of the first things I was taught growing up..."never ask for a job always ask for work" (my dad)..."Most people people don't understand the difference...the "workers" do".

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gavin Chachere
Visitor
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gavin Chachere   Email Gavin Chachere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ask few basic questions then put them to work, Putting them actually doing something is going to be the only way you can tell what kind of competency they have at anything much less signs. In an interview,they're going to lie,or at least like mike said tell you what you want to hear. They're not going to say in an interview how theyre going to spend 25minutes out of every hour online instead of working,smoke so much dope and drink so much at nite that they come to work every day 45minutes late,need to borrow lunch money,bail money or what customers they're gonna talk to on the side when they steal merchandise from you,and they will. Also,remember its YOUR business,not theirs....they're there to help you earn a living,not vice versa. There's about a 95% chance that you will not find an employee who, after a short time on the job,believes he or she is the vital cog in the machine and the business would fall apart without them,since they now know everything and should be making more than you........when that happens,and it will, 2 words....you're fired. As far as training your competition,that may be true in some limited cases but you're far more likely to hire someone thats gonna talk a good game about working for themselves but bounce from employer to employer

--------------------
Gavin Chachere
Plotter in the garage,New Orleans La.

"Sgts Shugart and Gordon again request permission to rope down to crash site two"

Posts: 1223 | From: new orleans.la. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheila -

quote:
He will have the equivalent of a 6th grade education across the board, and be a high school drop out. His female counterpart, while seeming to have a somewhat larger mental capacity for say, words, seems to be somewhat less able to move major limbs, such as arms and legs for instance
[Rolling On The Floor]

Well, now...that's why employers from Cah-lee-forneee-a are always looking for us northerners and North-Easterners for employment...hehehe....there is a perception of a geographical work ethic...not to slur anyone from anywhere else.

These are some of the questions I asked a perspective employee as my boss included me in on the interview process.

Also noteworthy; I would require background checks and extensive drug testing via urine/hair samples.....you'd be surprised how many applicants don't show up for the test.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gene Golden   Author's Homepage   Email Gene Golden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that the State Police can conduct a background search, or at least a criminal search on a prospective employee.

Yes, do the drug test (threat at least).

Maybe use a local college bulletin board to list the help wanted ad. At least you have a head start... kinda.

You may not be able to discriminate age, sex, color, etc., but you can discriminate by smell, appearance, attitude, aptitude, altitude or any other 'tudes you want.

Think of a way to pose the question to get the answer you are looking for without DIRECTLY asking the question; Does your girlfriend's baby look like you? You find out A). If he's married, B). If he has a kid, C). If he's stupid enough to answer a question like that! [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs
Gettysburg PA 17325 717-334-0200
genegolden@gettysburgsigns.com

"Art is knowing when to stop."

Posts: 1578 | From: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gavin Chachere
Visitor
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gavin Chachere   Email Gavin Chachere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could be wrong but i just cannot see the state police doing a backround check on an individual who's not under any type active investigation b/c they're going to worried about 4th & 6th ammendment violations and breaching the federal privacy act of 1974. In most states an employer asking about arrests etc that do not end in a conviction is against the law,you're allowed to ask things like proof of clean driving record if they will be a delivery driver etc...but its a no no to discriminate with regard to a criminal record that has no immediate bearing on the job. Just about every court record etc is a matter of public record anyway,whatever is hidden eventually comes up somewhere along the line. Drug testing,at least reliable testing that will stand up in court...and you will be beyond a shadow of a doubt sued and lose if the test is proven wrong...is not cheap. Why lay out that much investment up front on someone you may not hire.

--------------------
Gavin Chachere
Plotter in the garage,New Orleans La.

"Sgts Shugart and Gordon again request permission to rope down to crash site two"

Posts: 1223 | From: new orleans.la. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First read the book E-Myth Revisited. After asking all the above questions and you decide to hire, tell the person that they are on a 30 day trial and then a 90 day. At the end of the 30, you should have a pretty good idea if you want to keep them. If not, it makes it a little easier to let them go.

Recently, I had to tell someone that it wasn't working out...that I needed someone much faster and blah, blah blah. This person knew herself that she couldn't keep up with what I needed.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Starpoli
Visitor
Member # 1559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Starpoli   Author's Homepage   Email Jerry Starpoli       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I worked in NYC in the sixties doing photography, we were always hired on a Thursday. The photographer knew by Friday evening if you were worth keeping around. Something to think about.

--------------------
Jerry Starpoli
Starpoli Signs... since 1952

845-795-2438

Posts: 446 | From: Milton, NY US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't ask a potential employee their age, but am required to see their drivers license???

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6718 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wait wait wait...

artists requiring possible employees to take a drug test?

[Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enusre you don't forget about health history. It's something I've overlooked in every single interview until the last. I'm glad I asked her because she had asthma so I had to install special air cleaners in the shop so she could work efficiently.

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Chavez
Visitor
Member # 2146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Chavez   Email Rick Chavez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh, on my last interviwew, He asked me, while flipping through my portfolio:
Why should I hire you? and stared at me, then he asked What did you make on your last job. Threw me for a loop. That was all he asked, we walked around the office where I met everyone and asked if I could start in 2 weeks.

--------------------
Rick Chavez
Hemet, CA

Posts: 1538 | From: Hemet,CA U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!