Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Vinyl shrinkage / glue halo? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Vinyl shrinkage / glue halo?
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly...it would be a good time to haul this animal off to the glue factory before it recuperates and runs off in another drection.

The "powers to be" will answer soon enough and if not... they are the losers in the long run.

In the mean time I'm using what works and making my paltry little claim.

EverYthing further is a rehash...I'll be interested again when a "new" post crops up telling how this situation has been resolved OR NOT BEEN.

NEXT!

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Allen   Author's Homepage   Email Jay Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff,

I'm not offended in the least. I just was stating what I did and why I did it. Please don't direct any apolgies to me because I don't see what you did to offend anyone. Besides, we're so close we're like kin!!

I know things can get riled up around Letterville every now and then from some of the crabby old men yelling at us to "get off their lawn" - but I'm not one of them.

Yes, let's wait and see. But to roll over and give up? Where would this country be without a little adversity every now and then??

Change is always instituted by questioning the always assumed.

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com
http://www.shawcraft.com/

"The object of the superior man is truth."
-Confucius

Posts: 1285 | From: Machesney Park, IL, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine Smith
Visitor
Member # 5519

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Christine Smith   Email Christine Smith       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My concern with the bad Avery, is how do we restore our reputation of quality workmanship. It would be impossible to track down every job that went bad, explain & replace it. We would have to close up shop for a year to accomplish this. I've heard Avery won't give you much back on your claim, for replacement of a job.
So now everyone that received the bad vinyl last year, thinks I do crappy work! How do I overcome that!
[Mad]

--------------------
Chris Smith
BannerRama Signs
Cumming, GA

Posts: 1 | From: Cumming, GA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Chris, that is your job. It will take time and hard work. Yeah, it sucks, but Avery has answered and addressed this issue to the satisfaction of many people.

If all your customers are so narrowminded as to hold a material failure that was totally out of your control, then you need a new client base. No one is that ignorant. Besides, everybody is an awfully large group.

If you are waiting for Avery to pony up some cash to "restore your reputation", I wouldn't suggest holding your breath during the wait. Then again, maybe you look good in blue.

I was going to call you and discuss this with you but it seems that you don't have a phone listing. I guess I saved a dime, huh? Hahahahahahahaha!

BTW.... welcome to Letterville. [Smile]

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6469 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alphonse Dente
Visitor
Member # 4993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alphonse Dente         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris,

I would hope that you don't base very much of your shop's knowledge or stategies on "what you've heard". If you're indeed one of the comparably few people who had a problem with the Avery vinyl...contact your distributor ASAP.

My distributor not only got me full credit on the product in question, but got me credit for my labor to remove and reletter 4 vans. Granted, I didn't get my full shop rate, but I'm greatful for what I got, and I'd bet most manufacturers wouldn't have been so acommodating.

As far as determining how many, if any, of the jobs you did with the "bad" vinyl, just do what we did...check your invoicing for the past year, and put together a form letter explaining the situation. As it turned out, we only had one customer who, when asked to check his vehicles, had an issue. He was pleasently surprised when WE initiated the correction process.

I buy my vinyl from one of the largest distributors on the East coast, and in talking with the owner there, it turns out he's had fewer than a dozen people actually inquire about Avery's replacement policy.

Check with your customers first, and then, if you have any problems, call your distributor.

It worked for me and for a few others as well.

Good luck

-Al

--------------------
Alphonse Dente
Dente Design
Henderson Harbor, NY

Posts: 59 | From: Henderson Harbor, NY | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!