Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT- New shop puppy!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT- New shop puppy!
Elaine Beauchemin
Resident

Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine Beauchemin   Author's Homepage   Email Elaine Beauchemin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Got that cuty 2 1/2 months little fellow last saturday his name is Hubert. (almost got him named Elvis...) He got what is needed to be the best shop dog!
Whouf!
É

--------------------
Élaine Beauchemin
scrip
Lettrage Scripsit inc.
St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada
www.scripsit.net

Posts: 1096 | From: Saint-Hubert, Québec, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Too cute! ...Is your new baby a Basset Hound??

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awwwwww.....he's so CUTE!
But can he weed vynull?
Looks like a good customer greeter.
Love....Jill [Wink]

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elaine, I have had two basset hounds. One named Brutus who passed away when he was three, and Gabe, who is 14 now, which is kinda unheard of for bassets. There is no finer breed of dog, nor better dog for kids, etc. Ol Gabe sure does like to eat and poop though, so be ready for that. [Roll Eyes] [Smile]
He sure is a purty little pup.

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
too cute!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Root
Resident

Member # 758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Root   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Root   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got a new shop puppy too. Lab & hound? we think. He has trashed the place and now I have someone to blame the mess on. Our second last dog was a Bassett. Be prepared for a very, very long training curve when it comes to house breaking. Ours looked short but could reach almost to the back of kitchen counters. Good luck.

Rob

--------------------
Rob Root
Root Cellar Signs
Waubaushene,
rob@rootcellarsigns.ca

point and click until it works

Posts: 55 | From: Waubaushene, Ont. Canada | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woof,
Nice doggie, perfect name!

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J & N Signs
Resident

Member # 901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J & N Signs   Email J & N Signs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
St-Hubert dring dring dring

--------------------
Mario G. Lafreniere (Fergie)
J&N Signs
Winter did show up!

Posts: 1257 | From: Chapleau, Ontario | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Elaine, is that like "Hubert" Humphrey? He's TOO cute!! So sad and sweet!!

ELAINE??
Did you know puppies pee and etc. IN the house and unlike big dogs, they do NOT naturally know they should'nt??

And unlike a big dog, a little puppy can NOT ride in the bed of the truck 'cause it will blow out??

And if you throw a frisby at him, it could kill him??

Did you know that puppies really, REALLY like to chew stuff??

[Big Grin]
Chew toy tip: I finally realized why our little puppy loves to chew and wrestle the throw rugs and my work-boots so much . . . it's their "weight" and the resistance and "pull" they provide.

Since he loves playin' with the 3/8 platted, bright yellow, nylon rope hangin near the ext. cords in the shop...just yesterday I realized what to do.....
I screwed a eye-hook into the ceiling of my office. Then braided the rope with three 9' lengths of the 3/8' rope, made a big knot about a foot from the end, (3 ends hanging a foot below the knot)
It drags about 6" on the floor. He'd probably like for me to fray the ends but I figure he can do that . . . [Roll Eyes]

I added a snap-hook at the top of the braid and hooked it on the eye-bolt in the ceiling and now the little rat has all the resistance training he can stand . . . [Big Grin] It's fun to watch him growl and shake his head back and forth real fast as if he's so ferocious, tryin' to pull the rope out of the ceiling . .then he lets it go and it swings back and hits him in the face so he attacks again... [Big Grin]

Note: The nylon rope is pretty "stiff", so he can't get it wrapped around his neck, but he feels the "pull".

PS: Playpens are handy for keeping them in when you're doin' somethin' where you can't watch them . . .I found one at yard sale for $5!!

[ October 19, 2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine Beauchemin
Resident

Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine Beauchemin   Author's Homepage   Email Elaine Beauchemin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks ! It is a basset hound! Fun doggies!

Hubert is realy a good dog...that's what i can say from my 4 days experience with him!!
[Wink] [Wink]

He will grow to be a BIG dog ! (about 60 pounds!)

John, I wish that Hubert get to be like Brutus!

I made him a nice confinement room in the shop where he can rest after a good play ... and I can go in the office and work...he can stay there for an hour without crying
He got plenty of nice chewing toys that he likes too.

Robert...I was impressed as this dog seems to suck in food more than eating...so I put a toy in the bowl so he has to "eat" around it.

Mario! The name ain't about the restaurant that you think of! lolll.

Sheila! Thanks for the tips! The mop is my friend! Puppy blatter ain't good till they get to 4 months...maybe up to 6 months! mop mop mop!
Is it ok to ride him in the back of my station wagon in a cage? hope so cause that's how he travels...he does have a voice thow...
And he love to play with ropes!

É

[ October 19, 2004, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Elaine Beauchemin ]

--------------------
Élaine Beauchemin
scrip
Lettrage Scripsit inc.
www.scripsit.net

Posts: 1096 | From: Saint-Hubert, Québec, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like him. He is too cute!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With a look like that, I bet you can't resist handing him a table scrap....he's soooo cute.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

Cute!!!!!!!!!!

StevO

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Matyjakowski   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Matyjakowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look at the size of them feet ... to cute.
That was one of the dogs on our list when we were looking for a pup for my daughter last month.
We opted for a smaller version.
 -
fun, fun

--------------------
Compulsive, Neurotic, Anti-social and Paranoid ... but basically Happy

Posts: 2677 | From: Rochester, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Bowers
Resident

Member # 780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Bowers   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bassets and beagles are absolutely adorable puppies! Being members of the hound family, you guys won't need vaccuum cleaners anymore... and I sure hope you don't mind a little, um, well, lets just say neither breed are known for being quiet!

I'm very much a believer in crate training... someplace to keep the lil guys out of trouble!

Any questions, just ask!

Good Luck!!

--------------------
Dana Ferry
St Cloud, MN

Posts: 1556 | From: St Cloud, MN | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Latham
Visitor
Member # 4477

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Michael Latham   Email Michael Latham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now he's cute!!!! I had a Bassett once, we named him Humphrey, Lord of Belmont. Everyone loved him that met him, and visa-versa. My shop dog now is my 75lb Shar Pai. "Opie". I believe anyone with a shop "friend" is good people.

--------------------
Michael A Latham
Tee's Me Shirt & Sign
16462 Jefferson Davis Highway
Colonial Heights Va. 804-835-3299
signdogopie@aol.com

Posts: 379 | From: Colonial Heights, Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fine lookin' young lad! Bein' a hound he'll probably do some baying! Our Dachshund will carry on a pretty good conversation with ya -- especially when there's a chance for a scrap of food.

I saw a Basset on TV that sat next to his master as she was playing on the piano and he belted out a couple of dandy songs. I'm going to tell you what I about peed my pants. Good luck -- I love dogs.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg McRoberts
Resident

Member # 3501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg McRoberts   Email Greg McRoberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are great looking pups Elaine & Mark. I'd sure miss my mutts if they weren't around to "help" me in my shop.

Dogs are just the greatest company aren't they? Well, pets of any kind fit that mold IMO. [Wink]

--------------------
Greg McRoberts
MacSign
Dayton, Ohio

Posts: 388 | From: Dayton, Ohio USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine Beauchemin
Resident

Member # 136

hey Mark we have the same color scheme! [Wink]
Nice puppy !

--------------------
Élaine Beauchemin
scrip
Lettrage Scripsit inc.
www.scripsit.net

Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwww!!! VERY cute!!!!!
A:)

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------
"Sure, it's colder in the Northwest, but...it's a damp cold!"

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!