Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » SIGNLAB-HELP!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SIGNLAB-HELP!!!
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously, I have to post my question here, because Signlab has discontinued it's Lifetime Tech Support that it offered when I bought it! By the way, isn't that illegal for them to do? Anyway, I have E6, & when I go to type out a letter, I get about 50 of the same letter!!! I have work to do today, & can do NOTHING til I get this fixed!!!! Anybody have any advice to give me? If it is a glitch in my program, can I reset my computer to the day before it did this? And if I DO that, how do I find the reset menu? Thank you, to whoever can help!!!!!!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hubert Furey
Visitor
Member # 3951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hubert Furey   Email Hubert Furey       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bobbie,

This is a known issue for versions e6. Information is available from our KnowledgeBase. See Tech Note 2098 "Patching Windows 2000 or XP ....".

I have emailed it to you for convenience.

--------------------
Hubert Furey
Technical Support
Cadlink Technology Corp.
Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 26 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Hubert, but see, I have found that this began occurring AFTER I had downloaded my needed Service Pack 2 on Saturday. There were no Hotfixes listed on my Add/Remove Hardware, so I actually had to uninstall my Service pack, which makes me more vulnerable to viruses! I am so disappointed in Signlab since they took our Free Lifetime Tech Support away. It says to permanently fix my problem, I should upgrade from my E6. That would be wonderful, but with dentist AND doctor bills these next few weeks & no medical coverage, I don't see me affording my upgrade anytime soon. Thank you again, Hubert, for your help. I know it is not your fault the way your employer does things.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2....thats a nono....bad stuff happens when you load that....pick a date prior to you service pack 2 install and restore XP to its wonderful greatness.....hehehehehe

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bobbie...Do what Old Paint just said!!

Win XP service pack 2 should be removed from Microsoft's site. Hell they even list a bunch of MICROSOFT programs that doen't work with SP2!!!! [I Don t Know] [Confused] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8885 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I can't help you with your particular issue but I have a similar problem using Windows 2000 and SignLab Colormaster 5.0, Rev 12(this version works best with Win 2000).
When I duplicate items..sometimes there are several duplicate letters on top of letters that you can't see. When I cut them...it cuts the letters 2-4 times...cutting too deep sometimes thru the backing of the vinyl. I have been choosing Cut By Color to avoid this problem. Is there any easier solution?
Judy

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no secrete that XP SP2 is causing lots of problems.

Its strange for a software vendor to recomend the service pack after all the known problems. .

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Bass
Visitor
Member # 4929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for William Bass   Email William Bass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bunch of guys at a computer-techy chat room all warned me NOT to get SP2.

--------------------
William Bass
wjb71@bellsouth.net
Northwest Florida

Posts: 636 | From: Pensacola, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Salyers
Visitor
Member # 5

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Robert Salyers   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Salyers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is sp2 the "auto update" my puter is trying to do? I have XP and the update it's asking me to recieve is SP2.

"Hi Bobbie!"

--------------------
AirbrushBobby.com
Clearwater, FL
The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.1Cor1:18
“The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord”Rom6:23

Posts: 505 | From: Clearwater Florida USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turn it OFF!!!

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hubert Furey
Visitor
Member # 3951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hubert Furey   Email Hubert Furey       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judy,

Your problem is quite different from Bobbie's and not a known issue. We have had no other reports from other 5.0 users with the problem you have described.

I assume here that you have set your duplicate offset to 0,0. I would ensure that you are duplicating only what is intended, and use either CTRL-D or go to Edit > Duplicate. TAB key will cycle through all objects on-screen so you can ensure that there is only one (or two) objects selected.

Alternatively, sweep-select the duplicated objects. In the top left-hand corner of Signlab, it will specify how many objects are selected. I.E. Path Selected:2 means 2 objects are selected.

Don't forget that if you sweep select 2 objects and hit Duplicate, you will end up with 4 objects.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Hubert Furey
Technical Support
Cadlink Technology Corp.
Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 26 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Hubert! Exactly where are the duplicate offset settings located so I can check that. I do use CTRL-D to duplicate.
Thanks,
Judy

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hubert Furey
Visitor
Member # 3951

Judy,

options > SignLab Setup > General Preferences

--------------------
Hubert Furey
Technical Support
Cadlink Technology Corp.
Ottawa, Canada

Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Thank you- ALL of you- But you know what, Judy, I have had that problem, too, with my E6! It is like a "ghost image" that is there, & when I sweep to select all on the screen, it won't pick it up! It appears & dissapears! It doesn't happen very often, tho, but one time it was so bad that I just copy & pasted my image into a new file to get it clean. When you are down to your last piece of vinyl & it screws up, you are hurting! By the way, I uninstalled my Windows Service Pack 2 & all is well now, I am back in business!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

I posted at least 3 times that XP SP2 will cause problems with software. Especially dongled software.

Please be sure NOT to install SP2 unless you truely need it or you know your way around a computer.

These problems were revealed when SP2 was in BETA. Our local comp shop is building a retirement fund on removing SP2. By the way. He is using a SP2 remover written becaue of the trouble. Thats how many people are suffering from SP2

--------------------

Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Thanks Hubert...I checked my duplicate offset setting and I have it at 1.00 inch.
I'll tell you when I am having this problem with duplicates directly on top of each other. It usually happens when I duplicate my design in order to nest them manually onto a box I drew to represent my vinyl. I know E6 has this nesting feature but I am doing it manually to save material.
Another problem I am having is SignLab shutting down when I try to transform white letters on a black background. I create a black background to represent a window and create white lettering and try to arch the bottom or top of the letters using Bounding Box, Arch. SignLab says errors have been created and SignLab is shutting down.
Is there some simple setting to fix this problem? I have been changing the color of the letters to another color, transforming them, & then changing it back to white to print out or email to my customer.
I appreicate you addressing this issue,Hubert.
Sincerely,
Judy

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Hubert Furey
Visitor
Member # 3951

Judy,

This problem is easy to reproduce. However, due to the age of the program, there is no long term solution.

The workaround is exactly as you have mentioned. Don't use white for the letters, and change the colours of the letters after the transformation has been applied.

--------------------
Hubert Furey
Technical Support
Cadlink Technology Corp.
Ottawa, Canada

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!