Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Mimaki Plotter Setup Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mimaki Plotter Setup Help
Andrew Gourvelos
Visitor
Member # 1425

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Andrew Gourvelos   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Gourvelos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a client with a Mimaki CG-90SD and we are trying to set the orientation to Lower Right. We have the manual, but there is no mention of setting the orientation. If anyone has this model or a similar Mimaki model and knows how to do this please help.

--------------------
Andrew Gourvelos
A Signs
Sydney, NSW,
Australia

Posts: 104 | From: Sydnet, NSW Australia | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew, lot of settings is also done in your sign program, which one are you using? I have the CG-6, when I turn it on it automatically begins to cut, pounce from the right corner (me standing in front of it) now you can srcoll it over to a desired starting point, hit "enter" and that's where it will begin. Not sure if that answers your question...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew Gourvelos
Visitor
Member # 1425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew Gourvelos   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Gourvelos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FranCisco,
We are using SignTools 3 for CorelDraw. SignTools sends HP-GL Lower Left emulation. With most Mimaki plotter you have to setup the orientation to "Lower Right", which is really Lower Left. This setting is easy to find and change on most Mimaki plotters including the CG-3, Cg-5, CG-6 and CG-9. For some reason we can't find it on the CD-90SD. If this setting is not set it will cut object in the wrong position or the plotter will control panel will display an "Offscale" error and cut nothing.

--------------------
Andrew Gourvelos
A Signs
Sydney, NSW,
Australia

Posts: 104 | From: Sydnet, NSW Australia | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well amigo, I really don't know what else I can say. My plotter is a little older now compared to all the new ones out right now. I use Sign Lab and I don't know anything about Sign tools for Corel...sorry. I guess the next thing what I would do is call Miamki unless someone else here might know?

--------------------
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Well amigo, I really don't know what else I can say. My plotter is a little older now compared to all the new ones out right now. I use Sign Lab and I don't know anything about Sign tools for Corel...sorry. I guess the next thing what I would do is call Mimaki unless someone else here might know?

--------------------
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935

Dave Utter
Visitor
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Utter   Email Dave Utter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this will help but, I have a cg-60st. When I set the blade, I push the left arrow button, which sets the "rear" setting for "roll". The blade ends up parking in the lower right side of the material. I then use corel draw 10, and cut directly from it using Mimaki FineCut, which came with the cutter. Here is a screen shot of FineCut.

-

I don't use sign tools or any other programs, and it works great. Did they get FineCut with the machine?

--------------------
Dave Utter
D-utterguy on chat
Sign Designs
Beardstown, Il.
signdesigns@casscomm.com

Posts: 777 | From: beardstown, illinois, usa | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew Gourvelos
Visitor
Member # 1425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew Gourvelos   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Gourvelos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks FranCisco and Dave for your replies.

FranCisco if you press the "Function" key and scroll down you will see an "Orientation". The choices are "Lower Right" or "Center".

Dave, it is a plotter setting and not a software setting. Regardless of whether you choose Lower Right or Center orientation on your plotter the plotter head will be parked at the lower right of the vinyl sheet or roll.

If anyone has a Mimaki manual in .pdf format please email it to me andrew@asigns.com

--------------------
Andrew Gourvelos
A Signs
Sydney, NSW,
Australia

Dave Utter
Visitor
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Utter   Email Dave Utter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on mine you have to keep hitting the function button until you get to "setup" then hit enter then scroll down till you get to "orgn setup". hit enter again to see the choices, then scroll to the one you want and hit enter again. Is yours set to "center" now?

--------------------
Dave Utter
D-utterguy on chat
Sign Designs
Beardstown, Il.
signdesigns@casscomm.com

Posts: 777 | From: beardstown, illinois, usa | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew Gourvelos
Visitor
Member # 1425

Dave,
The CG-90SD doesn't have a function key. I know how to set it on a CG-60ST. Thank you for your help, but the model is different. I have emailed Mimaki, but they have not replied yet. Does anyone have a Mimaki CG-90SD?

--------------------
Andrew Gourvelos
A Signs
Sydney, NSW,
Australia

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!