Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Now Here's a shop truck!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Now Here's a shop truck!
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take mine in black please.

http://www.internationaldelivers.com/site_layout/severe/cxt.asp

Just when I thought my F250 crew cab was enough truck.

[ September 14, 2004, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Mikes Mischeif ]

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Gallagher
Visitor
Member # 69

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Gallagher   Email Chuck Gallagher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's sick.....

--------------------
Chuck Gallagher
Pro Graphics Signs by Design
Cabool, MO
"I grew up in Letterville"

Posts: 776 | From: Cabool, Mo. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool wheels!
should be seeing them all decked out with DVD players & subwoofers... not to mention radical graphics & sad to say, some fools probably going to defeat all that road-worthyness by lowering the thing.

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What NO TOW HITCH! sheesh....

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've already striped and graphiked 3 of the Freightliner ones like that!!! (To match the trailers they are haulin)

They are cool trucks for haulin around 6 horse trailers with living quarters. I don't think yer average Ford/Chevy/Dodge pick em up is gonna haul a 45' Horse trailer full of horses!!!!

Best part is...the folks who can afford a $120,000 rig to haul a $150,000 trailer don't ask "How Much Will It Cost To Stripe These Things"!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought pick-ups with the "stacks" through the bed were for guys who flunked out of truck driver school, now I see they've stepped up a notch. [Wink]

But, one of those could be fun. (Note: This comment is coming from a girl who attended more than 1 mobile party in an old UPS-style truck.) [Razz]

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...leather interior with wood grain trim, reclining captain chairs, a fold-down bench that can be used as a bed, an overhead compartment with drop-down DVD, an XM satellite premium radio system and a rear-mounted camera
yeah, I'd say it's got some party potential

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rovelle W. Gratz
Visitor
Member # 4404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rovelle W. Gratz   Author's Homepage   Email Rovelle W. Gratz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty Neat, I saw one the other day, thought it was a custom job, kind of like they do to the vans to pull fifth wheel trailers with.

That reminds me, isn't a preposition something you should never end a sentence with?

Doug, you are right about the lowering bit.

Never could understand the logic of buying a pickup truck, then lowering it so much you have to have a map that lists all the speed bumps in town so you can plan your travels.

I passed one the other day.....he was going about 20 MPH and was bottoming out whenever he went over any irregularity in the road.

I could probably have stopped him dead if I had thrown a quarter in the bed as I passed.

--------------------
Rove Gratz
Gratz Signs
342 Walden Station Drive
Macon, GA 31216
rovegratz@aol.com
Home Page: http://rove-342.tripod.com

Posts: 861 | From: Macon, GA 31216 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a small truck compared to the F650 around here that's been lifted to fit 48" tires underneath and the frame, cab and bed stretched to make the beast into a limo with a door that folds *downwards* and has a set of stairs built into it. Great googly moogly!

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Hummers are for wimps.

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rovelle W. Gratz:
Doug, you are right about the lowering bit.

Never could understand the logic of buying a pickup truck, then lowering it so much you have to have a map that lists all the speed bumps in town so you can plan your travels.

I passed one the other day.....he was going about 20 MPH and was bottoming out whenever he went over any irregularity in the road.

I could probably have stopped him dead if I had thrown a quarter in the bed as I passed.

As an owner of a lowered truck I can tell ya not everyone buys a truck for the hauling aspect.
I personally cannot stand driving cars, I can't even stand extended cab trucks or trucks with camper shells. I think it's something to do with the visibility to the rear, or the lack of it.

In my case, my truck is a 2.3L so it's lucky enough to get out of its own way, let alone have the balls to haul anything. May as well drop it into the dirt because it's about as useless as a car. [Smile]

There's always the option of adding an air suspension to a lowered truck if it needs to haul anything heavy. A pair of Firestone sleeve air springs can handle a load of 3,000lbs which far exceeds the load capacity of most trucks and will easily handle the tongue weight of any trailer.

Dave, an F350 Super Duty handles a big horse trailer like that pretty easily. We have ranches all over just outside of town and see 'em hauling horses and other livestock all the time.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Paul
Visitor
Member # 4200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Paul   Email Mike Paul       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
H2 recovery team?
Cool.

[ September 16, 2004, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Mike Paul ]

--------------------
Mike
Auto Graphix
New Jersey
graphix@nac.net

Posts: 32 | From: Butler New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!