Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Edge Coloring difference

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Edge Coloring difference
Jeff Green
Visitor
Member # 3508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Green   Email Jeff Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!
Have some trouble with the edge here. Trying to print of a tif on the edge of a wild rose (official flower of ALberta). Basically the pedals are a nice pink/magenta color. I know in the file the color does not have any cyan, but when i print it of, there is some cyan in the pedals. Enough that it turns the color purple.

Any suggestions on this? I just can not figure out a way to fix this.

Thanks!

--------------------
Jeff Green
Taylor Signs
jeff92@shaw.ca

Posts: 113 | From: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gene Golden   Author's Homepage   Email Gene Golden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff,
I don't know if this would help, but it never stopped me from making suggestions before. In Omega, click on "file", about 6 lines down - "Color Management", and note your settings.
Mine is set as follows (rightly or wrongly, I usually get to print what I see);
Gerber Imaging:
- "EDGE 220 Vinyl CMYK GerberTone Photo".
Image Source Profile:
- CMYK is set to "Gerber (GSP) SWOP CMYK"
- RGB is set to "Gerber (GSP) RGB"
This may or may not help, but it's a start. Call me if you need.

[ September 08, 2004, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Gene Golden ]

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs
Gettysburg PA 17325 717-334-0200
genegolden@gettysburgsigns.com

"Art is knowing when to stop."

Posts: 1578 | From: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Green
Visitor
Member # 3508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Green   Email Jeff Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks There Gene, those are the same setting that I have in my Edge. I am trying something else right now (just phone tech support at nd graphics, I will see what happens)

--------------------
Jeff Green
Taylor Signs
jeff92@shaw.ca

Posts: 113 | From: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Green
Visitor
Member # 3508

Nevermind, their suggestion never worked at all....
The pedals on the rose are still turning out purple... what a pain.

--------------------
Jeff Green
Taylor Signs
jeff92@shaw.ca

Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gene Golden   Author's Homepage   Email Gene Golden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff,
Another thing you may try is in your photo program. In Adobe it's under Image/Mode/CMYK (or RGB). Try adjusting the CMYK mix in the artwork itself before Exporting it to Gerber. Export it as a JPG instead of a TIFF and see if that works.

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs

Posts: 1578 | From: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Berry
Visitor
Member # 2604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Berry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff,

There is another site that has a bunch of smart folks when it comes to the edge. www.4edgetalk.com

Mike

--------------------
Mike Berry
New England

Posts: 534 | From: New England | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a big fan of "band-aid" solutions, especially if it's not a recurring problem. So even though there may be college courses worth of technical info on color management out there... I'm more one to experiment with a few 10 minute solutions that may work.

Gene's is a good one for example... if the edge see's things purplier then it should... send someting less purple, (or magentier [Smile] )

another idea I would try first, in the print options box (123 icon) drag the cyan down to the last color in the print order... then print the first 3 colors... if it looks right without cyan, yer done!

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right-o Doug....I was going to suggest not printing the Cyan.....no cyan, no purple tone.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan Rule
Visitor
Member # 4887

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nathan Rule   Author's Homepage   Email Nathan Rule   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also if your tif file looks like vector artwork (all solid colors) try printing it with the halftone spiral dot at 95 LPI

--------------------
Nathan Rule
Signage Plus
5473 Benchmark Ln
Sanford, FL

Posts: 45 | From: Orlando, Fl | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Paul
Visitor
Member # 4200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Paul   Email Mike Paul       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure what program you are using but I print to my Edge from Flexi and choosing the correct bitmap rendering makes a big difference.

A Lot to choose from >> perpetual, relative colorimetric, saturation, absolute colorimetric, and spot all print differently.

I find relative colorimetric prints closest to what I see on screen and can expect from the printer. Perpetual second.

Mike

--------------------
Mike
Auto Graphix
New Jersey
graphix@nac.net

Posts: 32 | From: Butler New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Jeff,
Any luck with the suggestions? Did anything work?

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!