Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Wanted: Warm town in need of Sign/Copy shop

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Warm town in need of Sign/Copy shop
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is nuts... blueberries aren't even ripe yet!!
I just bundled up to go for a walk... I'm getting too old for this stuff. Did a couple of frost warning signs for local golf course today.

I figure I can fit all my stuff in the back of a 5 ton box truck and make a break [Smile]

Weather Forcast.
Labrador City: Issued 4.30 PM NDT Wednesday 1 September 2004
Tonight .. Showers ending early this evening then cloudy. 40 percent chance of wet flurries overnight. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low 2 .
Thursday .. Showers. Showers mixed with a few wet flurries in the morning. Rainfall amount 5 mm. Wind west 30 km/h gusting to 50. High 8.
Friday .. Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers. Low 5. High 15.
Saturday .. Showers. Low 6. High 11.
Sunday .. Sunny. Low 4. High 16.

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why, Mike... you saying you ain't tough enough, then? Sheesh, I would have thought you were acclimated by now. Then again, flurries in early September is pushing the envelope a bit.

Ontario would be warmer. Then we can go for coffee and donuts with the wives. And play curling. and drink beer.

Need help packing?

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on down! It was only 110º today.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Alabam, we got'cher "warm" . . . and other descriptive word pictures too . . . .like: humid, moist, dank, mucky, sauna, steamy . . . .lol, sounds like a horror-romance situation don't it?

Humidity today . . .95% [Smile] temp was only in the low 90's though . . .during the cloudy moments . . . the weather forcast which is the same everyday, is optimisticly vague as always:

Highs in the 90's & lows in the upper 80's . . .Clear and then turning "partly" cloudy today with "chances" of isolated showers begining in the early evening and increasing tonight with a chance of clearing off as well. Chance of rain today 40%. [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

[ September 01, 2004, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come the Florida the Hurricane State!!

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gene Golden   Author's Homepage   Email Gene Golden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
T.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.
That Nasty Snow, TransLab And All Family's Leaving!

Words to live by...

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs
Gettysburg PA 17325 717-334-0200
genegolden@gettysburgsigns.com

"Art is knowing when to stop."

Posts: 1578 | From: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the curling....

and beer?

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J & N Signs
Resident

Member # 901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J & N Signs   Email J & N Signs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ain't much warmer here. I think we should go with Dave Grundy to Mexico...

[ September 01, 2004, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: J & N Signs ]

--------------------
Mario G. Lafreniere (Fergie)
J&N Signs
Winter did show up!

Posts: 1257 | From: Chapleau, Ontario | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute Mario!!!!

They only make so much beer in Mexico ya know!!!

Could they maintain the flow with you there too??? [Confused] [Confused]

( Do they have Bungee Jumping there???) [I Don t Know] [I Don t Know]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beer in Paradise

Looks like they have capacity, Dave

I doubt even Mario could make a dent in the 90 million cases that corona sold in the US alone... be fun to try 'tho

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rovelle W. Gratz
Visitor
Member # 4404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rovelle W. Gratz   Author's Homepage   Email Rovelle W. Gratz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Alabammy and Florida you don't got no State Income Tax, too.

--------------------
Rove Gratz
Gratz Signs
342 Walden Station Drive
Macon, GA 31216
rovegratz@aol.com
Home Page: http://rove-342.tripod.com

Posts: 861 | From: Macon, GA 31216 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Mike,

Come on down to the desert.

115 degrees on friggin' September 1st but it's cooling down to 110 today.. aye-aye-aye [Smile]

On the plus side, we're done with rain until... hmmm... I guess August 2005. We only get 3-4 inches of rain and it all comes in one month. [Smile]

Over 300 days of sunshine a year, gotta love it, but the few cloudy days are a nice reprieve.

It does hit a chilly 55-60 for high temps in the dead of winter (lasts about 2 weeks), 40's at night.. but I think you could handle that. [Smile]

Can you handle 8-9 months of summer temps? By the time November rolls around everyone is just about sick of boating on the lake.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did you expect, Mike? About the only places I can think of with colder climates are garden spots like Greenland, Kamchatka, or Antarctica.

Our part of New England is pretty good, mostly because no one weather pattern lasts long enough to get really sick of it. Winter is a crapshoot - it can be cold and snowy, or we can go all winter without more than a dusting. Summers will have their hot days, but rarely more than a few at a time - today, for example, is a balmy 75 degrees. Fall is the best and most consistent season, with warm, dry days, cool nights, and lots of color as the leaves change.

That leaves spring. Spring can really suck here. We'll get a nice day, clear and in the 60s, promptly followed by a week of cold rain. Then all of a sudden, one day in May or early June, it will be summer again.

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Green
Visitor
Member # 3508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Green   Email Jeff Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alberta is not that much better, just a couple of good weeks of nice hot weather. The rest of the time cloudy and in the high teens, low twenty's (canadian tempatures that is).
Like what was siad, you could always just go to Florida, nice hot weather mixed with some slightly strong winds!

--------------------
Jeff Green
Taylor Signs
jeff92@shaw.ca

Posts: 113 | From: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and you wonder why i live in florida? i grew up in pa and up till 1980. i also lived in new england, well MAINE, aroostook county!!!!! most new englanders dont claim this place. camm i seen winters up there with 15 feet of snow and temps down to -75!!!!!!!! dont forget about mt. washington n.h. COLDEST PLACE IN THE U.S.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murray MacDonald
Visitor
Member # 3558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murray MacDonald   Email Murray MacDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Misery loves company Mike!
We are calling this the summer that never came.
The headline in the Winnipeg Free Press on Tuesday was "Manitoba's summer worst in world". Climatologists have decided it ties with Siberia for the worst summer on record. One day since May 1st with weather over 30 degrees. The coolest mean temp since records began in 1873. Only a handful of sunny days, and not two in a row. Throw in record rainfall - and all is not well here in cottage country!!!!
Since we are an hour and a half from Winnipeg we have had similar weather - with huge amounts of rainfall.
Not sure how people survive who live in areas that have this much grey & rain all the time, but a winter holiday is a necessity this year.
Debbie

--------------------
Murray MacDonald
OldTime Signs
529 Third Ave S
Kenora, ON.
P9N 1Y3
oldtimesigns@gokenora.com

Posts: 781 | From: Kenora, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROV!!!! You say Alabammy & Floridy DON'T have no state income tax???

HEY!! I wanna refund on that $400 I paid in & all
the other years I paid in AND on that nine cents on every dollar for everything I've ever bought!!!!!!

RO!!! Who tol' you that lie???

[ September 02, 2004, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Bass
Visitor
Member # 4929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for William Bass   Email William Bass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...Alabama DOES have a state income tax. Florida, however, doesn't. BOTH states have sales tax, and most counties tack on an extra few cents to the dollar.

I read where in Maine, last winter, some workers in an ice factory were staying in the freezer to stay warm...it was only zero degrees in the freezer...it was 30 below zero outside.

I went to North Carolina once. That was far enough north for me.

I can understand the first settlers in Canada. I'm sure it was summer when they got there. Why they stayed, I'll never know. Why people that live in a world that has the weather channel would MOVE there is beyond me.

I like the Panhandle.

[ September 05, 2004, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: William Bass ]

--------------------
William Bass
wjb71@bellsouth.net
Northwest Florida

Posts: 636 | From: Pensacola, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,

C'mon down this way. Pretty much the same weather that Cam described, but no income taxes. Heck, most of the towns up here don't have sign ordinances and you can do pretty much whatever you want on them.

Bruce,
I'd pay money to watch you franticly slapping the ice with a broom in front of a rock. When's the next game? [Rolling On The Floor]
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Dude, The brooms are a thing of the past. They use sweepers now. They look like mops. I really liked the "whoopity whop" of the old brooms.

Hey, if'n we don't do curling, there is still all that beer that needs attending to...

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not all areas of Canada are cold in the winter. Here on the west coast of British Columbia in western Canada it's pretty balmy with only a week or two of snow generally.

We do get some rain on occasion especially in the winter [Smile] ... but then again it's greener than most places. Many folks golf year round.

If you live here you really have to love mowing your lawn... it needs to be done three seasons of the year.

Summers are generally moderate although the last two were pretty warm by our standards (into the 90's pretty consistently) We don't suffer from the humidity that the east coast and midwest gets.

I've travelled many places and for extended times while doing work and in my experience there's no place I would rather live.

-dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO BROOMS!! geez Bruce... is nothing sacred?
next thing ya know they'll be swiffering in front of the dang rock or curl whatever it's called [Smile]

Oh yeah, Mike quit yer bitchin' [Smile] I'm still praying for flurries. here's a quoate about our weather:
quote:
Generally speaking, Hawaii does not have the four typical seasons. I think of the weather on Maui as either Summer or Winter. There is only about a 10 degree (Fahrenheit) difference between the hottest, and the coolest time of year (80 - 90 deg.) The main difference I see between the seasons is that the summer has more wind, and the winter has more rain.

Additionally, I should mention that there are "macro" weather patterns located throughout Maui. The windward side has the most rainfall and cloud cover, while at the same time the leeward side tends to be sunny and hot. As you drive around the island you can experience the difference between sunshine and a tropical downpour in just a few miles.

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!