Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » how many folks have a little giant???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how many folks have a little giant???
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ladder...i just got one today and it looks awesome...don't have time to watch the video and fondle [Razz] it yet but i was just wondering what others think of them.

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see Rochon got to you too, eh? Wonder if he's getting a kickback... Actually I heard him mention something about his the other day before I tuned him out. [Razz]

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Wink]
oops....I thought you were referring to something else Karyn.
Love....Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have one, but the only drawback I have heard about them is that they are heavy. The guy that told me that has an older one, so they may have lightened them up since he got his. I have considered getting one, so thanks Karen for posting this. It will probably help me make a decision

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive got one. tho its not the littel giant brand name. I like it a lot. Its 13 years old and has been thru the worste of it all and still works great. Keep it stored outside all the time. It is heavy and a pain to set up. For some of them occasional jobs its perfect. And it doubles as a saw horse, a plank stand and numerous other good things.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought mine about 15 years ago. I love it. Yes it's a little heavy, but Becky, my 5'6" employee can load it in the truck and set it up no problem.

You'll appreciate that extra weight / strength, when you put 2 people on it to work and it's solid as a rock.

I know I'll never have to be without one since this thing is so well built it will outlast me.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Peach
Resident

Member # 2620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Peach   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Peach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I`ve got a pair with a slide out aluminum plank.Rock solid and easy to set up and transport. I love `em.Take a fall off a wobbly ladder and see how long it takes to heal and the price of the ladders is cheap. Best ladders out there ,bar none.

--------------------
Bob & Marcia Peach
Peach Signs Inc
Sandwich, MA
rpeach9828@aol.com

Posts: 1020 | From: Sandwich, MA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Stephens   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Stephens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here as Bob P. Two of the twenty footers with the scaffold and clip on bracket for it. Rugged and although on the heavy side, they are solid and safe.

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

Posts: 2481 | From: Zephyrhills, Florida | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Rogan
Visitor
Member # 3678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Rogan   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Rogan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one, too.
Great. Only heavy if you're a sissy-man.

--------------------
Mark Rogan
The Great Barrington Sign Company
2 Stilwell Street, Great Barrington, MA 01230
mark@gbsignco.com

"Sometimes I think my head is so big because it is so full of fonts"

Posts: 332 | From: Great Barrington, MA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Perkins
Visitor
Member # 296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Perkins   Email Mark Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karyn,
If you fondle it enough it may turn into a self erecting ladder [Razz]

--------------------
Mark Perkins
Performance Signs &
Graphics
Eunice, Louisiana
"The heart of Cajun
Country"

Posts: 506 | From: Eunice Louisiana 70535 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's what i'm hoping btw....and mark i'm no girly mon...its managable...i think i'll play the video for some easy late night dvd watching.

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devin Fahie
Visitor
Member # 3961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Devin Fahie   Author's Homepage   Email Devin Fahie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one, and getting another. I still havn't watched the video after 2 years!

--------------------
Devin Fahie
Sebago Signworks
Rt. 302, Raymond, Maine
207-655-6622
devin@sebagosignworks.com

Posts: 96 | From: Raymond, Maine | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had one for 20 years or so, best ladder ever built.

And for you miss Matina, you might want to try one of them there lighter ladders [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a video?
We had two 'lil giants for a dozen years. Best ladder made.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Rochon,
blah, blah, blah. I know your lips are moving but I can't hear you. [Wink]

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might try and remove your head from your rear~! [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

Isn't so cool how these five lime guys stick there tounges out in unison?

[ August 23, 2004, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Bob Rochon ]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Stephens   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Stephens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The video is fantastic. That one little naked chick could make that ladder do all sorts of things. I've never seen a ladder that could get into so many elaborate positions and look comfortable. I still watch the video after all these years. Usually on Friday nights after some good wine.

[ August 23, 2004, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Bob Stephens ]

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

Posts: 2481 | From: Zephyrhills, Florida | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob S. you cracked me up good.
----------------

I had one, I loved it, and one day I realized it had gotten too heavy for me to maneuver and that I was using my light weight ladders because that was easier.

(I turned into a Girlie Girl like in the Musical "Oklahoma" as I got older)

Sold it to a local wide format printer for almost what I paid for it, which he was aware of.
It's a great tool and holds its value.

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

signslimited@triad.rr.com

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg McRoberts
Resident

Member # 3501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg McRoberts   Email Greg McRoberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had mine for about 2 years and would hate to be without it. Yeah, they're a little heavy, but when you're up there pretty high, you'll appreciate the solid feel.

I don't think they're hard to set up at all. Just takes a minute.

Well worth the money.

--------------------
Greg McRoberts
MacSign
Dayton, Ohio

Posts: 388 | From: Dayton, Ohio USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely love it. My employee (who's a big strong dude) complains about the weight, but it's so solid and versatile I don't mind. The only weight I worry about is my fat @ss hitting the ground after falling off some wobbly pos stepladder.

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!