Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Frank Manning shoved out the door! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Frank Manning shoved out the door!
Robert Beverly
Resident

Member # 1907

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Robert Beverly   Email Robert Beverly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heads

I would normally not post items that will find their way into the mainstream eventually, but this has bugged me since hearing it and I feel that a very strong message needs to be sent to ONE SHOT over the extremely poor descision to let Frank GO!

Yesterday was his last day at One Shot. They used the excuse of "restructuring"

I for one want everyone there to know that they made one of the biggest mistakes they could make in releasing him of his duties!

He is the ONLY representative of that company that has ever found enough value in our line of work to share the vast knolwedge and support that he has amassed and freely given above and beyond anything required.

You can go and keep buying out companies like tricote...but it makes you no better without somone like Frank to properly represent your line of product!

I am ****ED and everyone should let them know that they made a BIG mistake!

I for one will miss the value he added to a product!

--------------------
Robert Beverly
Arlington, Texas

Posts: 1023 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHAT?
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]
That SUCKS!
Thanks for the Heads up to us Heads Robert.
Love...Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all do not know any specifics on what has transpired, I will state that, I enjoyed Frank he was the face of one-shot to letterheads.

Who knows what is going on in the paint world but everyday less and less paint is used maybe this is one-shots way of staying afloat.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robert, I think you have jumped aboard a train without knowing its destination.

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 6 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say it ain't so!
That is about as far fetched as the statement...
"less and less paint being used"

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Manning Jr.
Visitor
Member # 2699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Manning Jr.   Email Frank Manning Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Boys & Girls...Yes, unfortunately the rumors are true. Yesterday was my last day working for 1Shot due to economic reasons. I want to say to you all that I have indeed enjoyed the last 4 years working as your 1Shot rep. I feel very honored to have met and worked with so many truly talented artists & craftsmen (and ladies) in a very wonderful but constantly evolving industry. I still believe very much in the 1Shot products, and all though they may not seem to be perfect in every way, I believe that the folks at 1Shot will continue to offer you a quality line of products whenever possible. I still plan to stop into events as a "civilian" when time allows to keep my hand in. Again, Thanks for your past support and hope that when I (and my bride Beverly)see you next, that you will all be in good health.

--------------------
Frank Manning
Manning Enterprises Unlimited
24832 John J. Williams Hwy., Unit 1, PMB 10
Millsboro, DE., 19966

Posts: 32 | From: Longneck, DE | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gavin Chachere
Visitor
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gavin Chachere   Email Gavin Chachere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the lack of respect demonstrated lately for both the participation and opinions of merchants here that we want to deem unacceptable,is this upsetting because we feel it's the loss of a merchant or upsetting b/c we might not have source of 1shot for meets?

--------------------
Gavin Chachere
Plotter in the garage,New Orleans La.

"Sgts Shugart and Gordon again request permission to rope down to crash site two"

Posts: 1223 | From: new orleans.la. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gavin Chachere
Visitor
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gavin Chachere   Email Gavin Chachere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you post anyway Frank...I know better than most how corporate decisions in this industry are made. Chin up

--------------------
Gavin Chachere
Plotter in the garage,New Orleans La.

"Sgts Shugart and Gordon again request permission to rope down to crash site two"

Posts: 1223 | From: new orleans.la. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's true. As of yesterday afternoon, Frank is no longer with One-Shot. For those of us who have grown to know and admire Frank over the years, this is quite a shock.

This type of thing is nothing new in today's corporate world. One Shot was bought out years ago by Spraylat, a bigger corporation that is probally itself part of a bigger corporation. A decision was made at the top to downsize and Frank is out. Not an easy pill to swallow.

We talked to Jack at One Shot earler today. One Shot is a small company of 16 people that have been together for years. For them, it's more than a job. It's their life. One can only speculate about the insecurity and fear this action has on all of them.

There are many, many of Frank's friends that are very upset about all of this and eager to strike out at anyone or anything in an effort to get some sort of justice for Frank. I suggest we go easy on fixing the blame until we hear from One Shot and/or Frank themselves.

There you go! By the time I hit the Post button Frank had already posted. I have a feeling bigger and better things are ahead for Frank Manning. How about a chain of massage studios Frank?

[ July 27, 2004, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Barb. Shortreed ]

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2377 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Aston
Visitor
Member # 1725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Aston   Email Jon Aston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank:

You're a class act! I have no doubt that you will land on your feet and hopefully (for the sake of Letterheads far and wide) still in this industry.

All the best!

--------------------
Jon Aston
MARKETING PARTNERS
"Strategy, Marketing and Business Development"
Tel 705-719-9209

Posts: 1724 | From: Barrie, ON, CANADA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Manning Jr.
Visitor
Member # 2699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Manning Jr.   Email Frank Manning Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to add a little more support to what Barb said about "lashing out"....I appreciate the support, current & future from all of you, but I want to say that the employees at 1Shot are wonderful, caring people....many of whom have been there a long time(thru several owners). They care deeply about what they do, as did I. As I mentioned in my earlier post that I still believe very strongly about the 1Shot line of products and that as little glitches appear, they will try to remedy them. I would ask for your support by letting the Guys & Gals at 1Shot know if you have a problem worth noting and giving them an opportunity to evaluate and fix it. Thanks, Frank

--------------------
Frank Manning
Manning Enterprises Unlimited
24832 John J. Williams Hwy., Unit 1, PMB 10
Millsboro, DE., 19966

Posts: 32 | From: Longneck, DE | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee Frank, I hope I will still get to see you somewhere...I liked our little color conferences. I wish you the best in what you do, and know you will find the right spot, on down the road. Does this mean 1-shot will not be represented at meets ?

Anyway, this was about the last thing I expected to hear. 'Hope you keep posting now and then....

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will miss you Frank. I know to myself and a lot of others, you were the face of 1-Shot to us. For myself, it has nothing to do with supplies of paint for meets, it has to do with you being straight-up with us, knowing your product instead of just posessing the ability to memorize the speech about the product, joking around at meets and being one of us. The times I've spent with you at meets, I often caught myself forgetting you were a rep.

Good luck, and hope to see you still joining us in your "civilian life".

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a great ride Frank....You served the company with pride and I'm sure that the respect we hold for you carried thru to the 1Shot line. Hang onto those panels and always remember those good times!!!!

Chisel Jam in Feb????? [Smile]

Keep in touch!

Joe,
Makin Chips and Havin Fun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank,

At least I will have had the privilege to have our shop as one of your last official One Shot visitations. You are a class act and will be missed.

We wish you the best to you and yours.

Have a great one!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank; sorry dude; going to miss your face once a year. Seems things happen everywhere and to everyone at one time or another, bummer, none the less.
Do you have any plans? I'd like to have an address on you for future reference, cool? Email me........I'm on the road and check in from now and then, heh, you know that routine.
One-shot forever ol' bean, you know that.... [Cool]

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once a Letterhead, always a Letterhead. [Wink]

Keep in touch, big guy. We're always here for ya.
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!!

Its a sad day in letterville, better yet its a sad day in the life of any letterhead or pinhead out there.
The industry has lost one of its finest ambassadors.

I hope that your plans for the future havent been ruined by this unfortunate situation. I know that I for one will miss the fun and the comeraderie we have shared over the past few years. I can only hope that we will still get to see you at some of the meets that we all attend, I know that you had fun pinstriping things too and seem to have a good time at the meets listening and offering great advice.

Frank please let me know how I might contact you in the future.

Good luck to you and Bev in your future endeavors wherever they may take you.

I owe you one of those "Jersey Style" handshakes when I see you next.

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank, about 2 years ago, you called me on my cell, you had read a question/post i had put up on the B/B. I was amazed that i was getting a call!!! you were very helpful, obviously you've done/do a LOT of this, from all the great posts here. I'm sure you will take your attitude/way of life and spread it FURTHER.

Good Luck, all the Best

John Lennig / SignRider

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kellie Miller
Merchant

Member # 2788

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kellie Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Kellie Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank, I'm really going to miss working with you. You were a great asset to 1Shot and to all in the field. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do, and I know that wherever you decide to go you'll be a great addition and they'll be lucky to have you! Thank you for all that you've done and all that you've taught all of us. You've been a wonderful person to have around, both professionally and personally.
Maybe you and Bev can take off to England now?!!
Your friend, Kellie

--------------------
Kellie Miller
Customer Service Mgr.
Coastal Enterprises Company
Mfg. of Precision Board
(800) 845-0745
www.precisionboard.com
hdu@precisionboard.com

Posts: 118 | From: Orange, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Johnson
Visitor
Member # 2513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank Manning brought a wealth of knowledge to the sign industry from his many years in the auto motive field. he has experimented with 1-SHOT at many letterhead meets.Frank introduced many of you to automotive Urethane clearcoats that work over gold leaf etc., Mixing pearl powders with clears to get special effects. Over the years Frank has painted numerous test panels using automotive & 1-Shot paint.Frank is the only paint rep.I've ever known who REALLY LISTENED to our questions about 1-Shot products and tried to find solutions to problems. I'm sure any forward looking company would be proud to have him onboard. Frank your paint bench is still here in the shop waiting for you. Your friend AJ

--------------------
Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson Grafix
Blairstown, NJ
[URL=http://www.alanjohnsongrafix.com]

Posts: 261 | From: Blairstown, NJ | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank,
Althought we never met in person, I would like to say thank you. I have read many posts and attended many meets and yours was the name most respected for your product and the personal touches you added. "Your were the man"! You supplied paint for our 'Splash in the Pacific' without hesitation, but above all of that you returned calls and responded to Letterheads in need with advice and so much more. Your expertise will be missed.
For every door that closes, a better one opens....we wish you all the best of what life has to offer. We are sure you will be happy and do well in whatever you choose.
Sue

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I am not concerned about the loss of paint supplies for future meets. 1-Shot will do what they think best on this issue, with or without Frank.

My concern is the loss of a fantastic rep, that truly was interested in our thoughts of the product, and tried to find ways to cure any problems that occured.

My biggest concern is the possible loss of a very good friend. I only met Frank at the meets, but I always looked forward to seeing him at the next one. This is a sad day indeed.

Frank,

If you ever wind up in this area, give me a call. Good friends are always welcome here.

Best of luck to you and Bev, wherever you may go.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2283 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whether in the capacity of 1-Shot Rep or friend, you don't find them like Frank much anymore. I really hate to hear the decision made by 1-Shot, but Frank seems to be okay with it.

If you want to continue to work, I know you will have that opportunity from someone in the industry. If you don't and want to retire, anytime you are in the area please stop by.

I hope to see you soon.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, after the initial shock and anger, I have composed myself enough to say:

Frank, you are a true gem.
You were always willing to help me.
You made sure that I got paint for any meet.
But it goes above and beyond that.
You are one of the "good Guys" in my book.
You are courteous, knowledgeable, fun, and your enthusiasm for the product you represented and for the Letterhead movement was truly something phenomenal.

In the throes of the mega-stress of the Mars meet, you were an island of calm in a stormy sea for me. You were always there with a wink or a pat on the back or a "How ya doin, kid?" You charmed my Mom at Dixie. You bought me a beer and onion rings at Mazeppa. I am proud to know you.

Please keep in touch. I hope a new job opportunity is just around the corner. Any company would be damn lucky to have you working for them. My best to you and your Mrs.
Love...Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Ackerson
Visitor
Member # 3224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Ackerson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Ackerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Frank,
Good luck in your future.

--------------------
Alan Ackerson
LetterWorks Design and Graphics
alan@ack2.com

Posts: 776 | From: Oak Ridge, NJ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pierre Tardif
Resident

Member # 3229

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Pierre Tardif   Author's Homepage   Email Pierre Tardif   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who else on this planet use One Shot beside Letterheads and Pinheads?!?

And who else could represents One Shot at those meets Better than Frank?!?

Or they really decided not to be Letterheads anymore. Or they are planning on manufacturing vynil instead of paint.

Sad decision.

Frank, I wish you the best.

--------------------
Pierre Tardif
P. Tardif Inc.
1006 boul. PIE-XI sud Val-Belair
QC. Canada G3K 1L2
418-847-4089
pierre@ptardif.com

Posts: 800 | From: Quebec city | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Yearwood
Visitor
Member # 2723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Yearwood   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Yearwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank,
I really hope you will still come and hang out with us at some of the meets.

Your enthusiasm was always contagious and you have always seemed more like a fellow "head" than a company rep.

Thanks for all of your help and support and for standing over my shoulder making color suggestions, jokes, backpats etc. etc.
The times we had at dinner and breakfast hanging out were fun and will be remembered.
I have that pic of us at Indy this year in the 1-Shot booth, so that one will go in a frame.

1-shot received more than their monies worth in customer relations than they will ever know.

If you are out running around, please stop by the shop and see us.

--------------------
Mark Yearwood
Yearwood Design Works
Tecumseh, OK
www.yearwooddesignworks.com
www.markyearwood.com

Posts: 1027 | From: Tecumseh, OK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank...I want you to know how much you will be missed in our shop and our home.

Over the last few years Pat and I have always looked forward to seeing you...on every trip one of us would say "I wonder if Frank will be there"?

One Shot has no idea (yet) they have lost their greatest asset when it comes to someone being in the trenchs with their Army of end users.

Please don't forget... anytime you pass this way there is a home for you rest your head and pass the time with two people that could never get enough of your friendship.

It would be an honor to have you at our table once again in March at our annual "Party before the Party" during Fred's meet...Please bring Beverly with you this time.

It's not in your character to sit long but do enjoy it while it lasts...please keep in touch and Good Luck to you in whatever you do.

I promise...no product complaints [Smile]

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 14 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aside from all the wealth of information Frank has supplied us with, he is one fine human being.
While at the wall dog meet in Canada, he drove Gary Anderson and myself to the airport even though he was booked at another airport. Just this year at Mass Mayhem meet in Mass, he drove me to the motel because I was sick with a fever.
The finest discription I know belongs to Frank, a true prince of a man.
We all wish you the very best Frank, you are honestly loved by all.

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what to say that hasn't been said already. Alan Johnson pretty well summed up my feelings, that Frank was a rep that actually knew what he was talking about and not only listened but asked for your input.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4322 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Thomas Greer
Resident

Member # 4566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Thomas Greer   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Thomas Greer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Frank....

We had the opurtunity to meet in Atlantic City in December. It was too bad we didn't have any other meetings to get to know each other. Look man...At the these comments on your behalf! You will be truely missed "A1" Guy!

Good Luck and let us know when your new ventures take you!

--------------------
Steve Thomas Greer
ABRACADABRA SIGNS & DESIGNS
102 Stanley St. Ayr, Ont. Canada

Posts: 602 | From: Ayr, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone read "Dilbert"?

Yet another corporate decision made by some committee of pointy-haired middle-management weevils with their heads three feet up where the sun don't shine. After all, as far as the monkey-diddlers at Spraylat are concerned, 1-shot already pretty much owns the diminishing market for lettering enamels; why pay someone to sell it? Besides, Frank actually enjoyed his work, got to travel and interact with creative and interesting people; that's intolerable to the cubicle dwellers who make these decisions.

Frank, we will miss you. As a person, and as the best friend sign painters ever had in the corporate jungle.

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan E Young
Visitor
Member # 2325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan E Young   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan E Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank I am speechless! I just thought you would always be at the meets. This saddens me very much. I all ways knew there would be one person I knew no matter how far I went. You are a friend not just a rep. Keep us informed!

Maybe House Of Kolor is hiring!!!!!!!!!

Love ya buddy and good luck

--------------------
Ryan Young
Indocil Art & Design
indocil@comporium.net
803-980-6765

I highjacked Letterville!!
Winter Muster 2004

Posts: 904 | From: Rock Hill, SC | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget House of Kolor, they went "corporate" a long time ago and their whole product line has been affected.

Xotic Colors however is a growing company gaining marketshare and providing a killer product. They could use someone like Frank to give them insight into a specialized market (sign making) where they really have the opportunity to corner the market with superior product. That is, if Frank wants to keep working. [Smile]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank, I was going to E-mail you
but I noticed a Spraylat, domain.
Do you have a personal E-mail
address?
Will you be at the Long Beach
Sign Business Show?

Jack Wills

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryl Lucas
Visitor
Member # 1656

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Cheryl Lucas   Email Cheryl Lucas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many memories, Frank!

Though currently at a loss for words, I will say; you have the true respect and friendship of so many here in Letterville. My heart tells me, this is not the last we'll see of you, Mr. Manning!

Please stop by, if ever you are in my neck of the woods.

And, THANK YOU! Your representation of OneShot product and personality are top notch! Without a doubt, you are an absolute asset!

Take care my friend, and keep in touch...

Cher.

--------------------
Co-Host:
SANDCASTLE Panel Jam
'a Dixie Letterhead Reunion'
Fort Myers, Florida

Cheryl Lucas a/k/a "Shag" on mIRC
Vital Signs & Graphics, Etc.
Cape Coral, Florida
239-574-4713
VSignsNgraphics@aol.com

Posts: 987 | From: Cape Coral, FL USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am shocked and very disappointed. Frank is not only in my top three of reps with superior product knowledge, he's one that genuinely cares about our success when using not only his products but others as well.

I'll really miss him at Letterhead meets. He went way beyond vender / customer relationships as he was a good friend and just plain fun to be with.

I hope he ends up somewhere in the sign business.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5400 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Joiner
Visitor
Member # 1814

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Joiner   Email Kathy Joiner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been too busy to check the board, and just saw this post. How upsetting. Frank, meets will never be the same. Like everyone else has said, you will be an asset to any company who hires you.

We have faith in 1-Shot because of your endeavors. I will sending them a letter expressing my dissappointment, and urge others to do so. We should remember as we compose the letter to show the same grace Frank has shown in this situation while expressing our dissappointment and concern.

--------------------
Kathy Joiner
River Road Graphics
41628 River Road
Ponchatoula, La.70454

Old enough to know better...Too young to resist.

Posts: 1891 | From: Ponchatoula, LA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank wasn't just a company rep, he was ONE OF US. He listened when we griped about the product and told us of changes that were being made. He even liked to play at the Letterhead gatherings along with the rest of us.

One-Shot lost a great representative. It probably won't hurt their sales, but it does give them a black eye in the human-being department.

Frank, just like others have said, whenever you are by this way you have a place to stay and an invitation to play along.

If he wants to keep on working, Frank won't be without a job for very long. Some company will grab him up quickly.

Thanks for being on our side Frank.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!