Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Colortones color matching set, does anyone know where they can be found if anyhwhere

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Colortones color matching set, does anyone know where they can be found if anyhwhere
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi heads.

I was recently asked by another letterhead about the Colortones matching set, I still have mine and I keep it under lock and key, but I was wondering if they are still available somewhere??

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5150 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob,

The guy that made the Colortones books Died a few years ago. His Kids evidently have the rights to the production of them and are not producing them for reasons unknown to me. The last ones I knew of were available from SignCraft magazine. once they ran out it was the end of something great. I have been trying to locate one for about 3 years now and havent had much luck. Keep that thing under lock and key, guard it with your life.

We can only hope that someday this guys next of kin will either sell the rights to it or perhaps maybe start producing them again.

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harris how did you come across this info? have you had contact with his next of kin?

Maybe we can prod a little.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

Posts: 5150 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danny Bussell
Deceased

Member # 3746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny Bussell   Email Danny Bussell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where Do you get your Info from Dead People?

--------------------
Danny Bussell
Tujunga, California

Bootleg on Chat

"Keep The Rubber Side Down"

Posts: 213 | From: Tujunga, California | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just happen to own one of the originals. One of the biggest problems with production is that they were printed with real one shot paint. Real PITA.

So Bob...you wrote that you wanted one. You didn't actually say how BAD ya wanted one. [Razz] [Confused] [Eek!] [Dunno]

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually Don, I didn't say I wanted one, but I do know of at least 2 other heads who would love to have one, not to mention there was a book that came out later on that had more vibrant colors that I wouldn't mind having.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Just a thought maybe it would benefit One-shot to produce them, it would definetly help more people mix more colors and in fact might just sell more paint. Not to mention they have the means to print them.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one and would buy more if I found an opportunity.

I also have no clue how to get in contact with the family of Lynn Carr. He long ago owned Western Sign Supply in Oakland. He also made some cast polyester roman letters that were better than any I've seen. I also liked him as a friend.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6868 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!