Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » what kind of milage does your pickup get??? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: what kind of milage does your pickup get???
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a 1996 Chevy Silverado with a 6-foot bed and an extended cab.

I dunno about the milage...maybe 16 MPG, but it seems to use a lot of gas in a short period of time. Lately its been leaking antifreeze too.

It is on its 4th transmission due to some computer glitch thing. It is the first Chevy I ever bought (used) and I doubt I'd buy another. As it stands, I still have to pay on the damn thing till 2009. Buy then I'm sure it will be sitting in Marshall's Scrapyard.
Love...Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EPatzer
Visitor
Member # 135

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EPatzer   Author's Homepage   Email EPatzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2000 Dodge 1500 4x4, 5.9L auto gets about 15mpg Hiway, and about 12-13 city. Traded a smaller truck and won't look back! Hauled too much big stuff in one load rather than a lot of little loads!

-

--------------------
Eric Patzer
A.S.A.P. Design
Lafayette, CO
epatzer@earthlink.net

Posts: 208 | From: Lafayette, CO USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurie Goretski
Visitor
Member # 3821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laurie Goretski   Email Laurie Goretski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is lauries old man,
In 2000 we ordered a new silverado ext.cab in the most basic options (stick shift & all). We needed a back seat to allow legal seating for our two kids who were raised on many installation trips. we had a 91 chevy work truck;4.3 ltr v6. I loved that truck and good milage too. I just sold it last month for $800 because it's days were numbered at 156,000.
Now this 2000 has also been a great truck, it has a 4.8ltr v-8, 2wheel dr. It has an 8' bed and we all need that as sign guys. the milage on the 2000 is in the low 20's which I am very happy with seeing how we are not sacrificing any space to a mid or compact size truck. ( I laugh when I see sign people with a sign hanging over the tailgate of a 6.5' bed!)
One drawback is that the 4.8 ltr was underpowered to pull heavier loads such as our hillbilly letterhead condo on wheels. So we bought a 2003 silverado HD with a 6.0 Ltr. this is where it hurts! it gets 13mpg daily/ 9mpg on the way to Atlanta Ill. in 2003. It has Nuts, but is not our most practical choice... So we have to work a little harder to feed the beast.
Get a 4.8 ltr to handle any sign related use and get some elbow room too.

--------------------
Lauri Goretski
Custom Murals
N6334 HWY 107
TOMAHAWK WI 54487
CustomMurals1@aol.com

Posts: 127 | From: Tomahawk Wi | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!