Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Praise for merchant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Praise for merchant
Robert Richards
Resident

Member # 3244

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Robert Richards   Email Robert Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of you propbably have been reading about my plight with my plotter and tech support. Someone at Sign Warehouse.com got wind of my situation and immediatedly sent me a new cutter overnight as a loaner. I am sending mine back to them for repair. Waiting for stand and manual, software, etc to arrive tomorrow. To save lots of shipping back & forth I am considering upgrading to this machine.
Is anyone familiar with the PLT-Panther-61? My cutter that needs repair is the Ultra Pro GC-61. Is there enough difference to be worth the upgrade?

--------------------
Robert Richards
Southern Ad Specialties
Carrollton, GA
770-830-1501
sasga2000@a0l.com

Posts: 138 | From: Carrollton, GA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GBC Sign Warehouse, is a quality
company as far as I'm concerned.
I've done business as a customer
and a supplier for quite a while.
If someone there says they will do
something, you can count on it.

Jack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just wish we still had them as Merchants. Fine people.

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Richards
Resident

Member # 3244

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Robert Richards   Email Robert Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops, I thought they were still merchants.
Sorry, Steve.

--------------------
Robert Richards
Southern Ad Specialties
Carrollton, GA
770-830-1501
sasga2000@a0l.com

Posts: 138 | From: Carrollton, GA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Sartain
Visitor
Member # 241

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Karen Sartain   Email Karen Sartain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok...clue me in here...Robert, are you 'sorry Steve-ing' because you think you shouldn't have mentioned Sign Warehouse since they aren't a merchant anymore, or are you 'sorry Steve-ing' because you are sad to hear that they aren't a merchant anymore? Steve, are you mentioning they aren't so that you can hint that they shouldn't be mentioned anymore cause they aren't, or are you prompting someone to ask why they aren't,and doesn't this kind of comment from you promote the very 'out in public' discussion of why or why not any particular merchant supports or doesn't support Letterville that you say you don't want to be brought out into the public?
Not trying to cause any trouble, just seems that the rules sometimes make for a bunch of confusion and I'd like to know [Smile]

got all that? [Smile]

--------------------
Karen Sartain,'Pisel' on chat
11699 E Hwy 181
Willcox, Arizona 85643

We are not human beings on a spiritual journey.We are spiritual beings on a human journey."-Stephen Covey

Posts: 336 | From: Chiricahua National Monument, Az | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Sartain
Visitor
Member # 241

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Karen Sartain   Email Karen Sartain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
edited to remove double post

[ June 30, 2004, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Karen Sartain ]

--------------------
11699 E Hwy 181
Willcox, Arizona 85643

We are not human beings on a spiritual journey.We are spiritual beings on a human journey."-Stephen Covey

Posts: 336 | From: Chiricahua National Monument, Az | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weren't they the ones who gave us Residents the Tramp CD one Christmas?
I know they donated generously to the Mars meet.
I sure wish they would come back!
Love...Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Burns
Visitor
Member # 268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Burns   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Burns   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why did they leave?

--------------------
Bob Burns

www.vondutch.freeservers.com

Posts: 2121 | From: Prescott, Arizona, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Streicher
Visitor
Member # 4515

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Dan Streicher         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and Karen how come you aren't a resident? just wanted to throw that out there too

--------------------
Dan Streicher
Slidell, LA

Posts: 445 | From: Slidell, LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Burns
Visitor
Member # 268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Burns   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Burns   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Karen....TELL US....PAH-LEEZ.......hahahahahaha

--------------------
Bob Burns

www.vondutch.freeservers.com

Posts: 2121 | From: Prescott, Arizona, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Sartain
Visitor
Member # 241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Sartain   Email Karen Sartain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol..funny you should ask why I'm not a resident, as for years I WAS...I'm not a resident any longer cause this year I'm deep in debt and a TON of personal reasons also in case the first reason doesn't sit right with ya [Wink]

but all that being said (or not [Wink] ), can't I still hang out & ask questions or offer help? And before you point out that a search on my name doesn't bring up many instances of helping anyone, I'll clue you into the fact that I choose to do my 'helping' behind the scene thru e-mail...and if you STILL are not sure that I'm on the up & up about that, then oh well...the ones I've helped out over the many years know & that's all thats important [Smile]

cheers [Smile]

Karen

--------------------
11699 E Hwy 181
Willcox, Arizona 85643

Dan Streicher
Visitor
Member # 4515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Streicher         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off "whatever" Second it just seems that you are trying to stir it up, personally I just wanted to call you out on your BS and trying to cause another merchant issue

--------------------
Dan Streicher
Slidell, LA

Posts: 445 | From: Slidell, LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Sartain
Visitor
Member # 241

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Karen Sartain   Email Karen Sartain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, hey Dan [Smile] Nice to meet you :)There, now we "know each other well enough to decide when a question is for stirring it up or just being curious about rules of the house". I may be inclined to offer an opinion that inflames some here on political matters, but as for usual life in Letterville, I don't 'stir it up'as you call it. I've been here since almost the beginning of Letterville and probably as a paid resident for the majority of that time and have seen lots come and lots jump in to defend and lots go and even some come back only to leave again....so 'whatever' to that too.
Anyways, not wanting to stay on bad footing with you, a virtual stranger and possible friend & definite brother of the brush, I welcome you to Letterville, the community that I've known as a homey pitstop for many years. Sorry for not welcoming you to the neighborhood sooner...hhmmm..when did you get here?

ok..I'll go back to painting now

peace,
Karen

--------------------
11699 E Hwy 181
Willcox, Arizona 85643

Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Stephens   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Stephens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so cool! More bitterness and venom here in Letterville than all my snakes have combined...the more things change, the more things stay the same.

The world is coming to an end! [Confused]

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

Posts: 2481 | From: Zephyrhills, Florida | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dusty Campbell
Visitor
Member # 4601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty Campbell   Email Dusty Campbell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good to know signwarehouse cares. I ordered from them and while I got everything I ordered, the invoice had the wrong name, and their phones were screwed up when I was dealing with them. First impressions being what they are, I haven't ordered again. Any company who'll support their customers like that is gold and I'm going to give them another shot. Thanks for the heads up.

--------------------
Industrious

Posts: 1032 | From: Athens, GA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple notes!

We've been down this road too many times. Becoming a Letterville Resident is just an option here in Letterville. We cringe anytime we see an attempt to embaress an non Resident. It's just not necessary.

The only difference between a Resident and a Visitor is a few perks. Residents win some really cool stuff in our Monthly draws and qualify for a few other perks. It's all here on our Resident Page.

Sure we'd love to have more Residents. That is only going to happen when more incentives are added. Bully tactics are never necessary and probally do more harm than good.

Nuff said on that one.

I was not trying to be cynical about Sign Warehouse. Who do you think notified them in the first place?

SignWarehouse was one of the most generous Merchants we have ever dealt with in Letterville. Barb and I have stopped at their headquarters in Sherman, Texas twice on our way to meets.

No explaination was ever given when they left, and we hope they return someday. There's an assumption out there that we are constantly at war with advertisers. Nothing could be furthur from the truth. Letterville, like sign mags, offers paid advertising. Those of you who run a business know your clients are constantly coming and going. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. It's just business.

One last thought. There are some personal things that should not be discussed on this BB. Barb and I lead very transparent lives here in Letterville. That's a personal decision we made, and a by product of this new Internet medium.

Truth is that many of us know too much about each other's private business. Gossip and rumours run rampart around here. Behind the scenes, there are phone calls and emails burning up the wires. Quite often, the stories change as each person adds their own spin. Reminds me of that famous Norman Rockwell painting.

We love hearing from our users. If you have a question about Letterville the business, why not just pick up the phone and call us? It would sure save some wear and tear on my typing pinkies.

Have I answered this post, or is more information necessary? And yes...the red thong is safely tucked away in a place of honor!

[Smile]

[ July 01, 2004, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: Steve Shortreed ]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really miss all of the stuff they use to donate to the auction.
I wish a merchant would pick up where they left off. I got some nice material off the auction. They were great to deal with on items that I won.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Applause for Sign Warehouse responding so quickly to a problem, and for Steve for calling it to their attention.

Nice people are cool!
[Applause]

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Perkins
Visitor
Member # 296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Perkins   Email Mark Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My recent experience with signwarehouse was not a sweet one. I ordered a roll of print media to use in my thermal printer, after printing and cutting I apply it to shirts with a heat press. They changed suppliers since I last ordered from them, the new material wouldn't feed through my printer very good because the release liner didn't have enough "stick" to hold the material on it. When I did baby sit a sheet through the printer the material wouldn't stick on pique knit shirts...at all.
Signwarehouse told me that since no one else had complained about the material there was no problem with it. I offered to e-mail them a photo showing the material curling up from the release liner but they refused. Their offer was for me to ship the product back at my cost, if the product was bad they would refund 50% of the remaining material, the six feet of material I used trying to make it work would be deducted from the refund.
That material is still on my work bench, I look at it daily to remind me to NEVER buy from them again. I've probably spent $10,000 in the last five years with them and I get treated like this, they have seen the last of my hard earned money. [Mad]

[ July 01, 2004, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Mark Perkins ]

--------------------
Mark Perkins
Performance Signs &
Graphics
Eunice, Louisiana
"The heart of Cajun
Country"

Posts: 506 | From: Eunice Louisiana 70535 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!