Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Stop me if you've heard this one....OT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stop me if you've heard this one....OT
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think #2 below works at my grocery store!
You Can't Fix Stupid!
> >
ONE: Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets. I asked for a half
dozen nuggets.
"We don't have half dozen nuggets," said the teenager at the counter.
"You don't?" I replied. "We only have six, nine, or twelve," was the reply.
"So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?"
"That's right." So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets. [Roll Eyes]

TWO: The paragraph above doesn't amaze me because of what happened a couple of months ago. I was checking out at the local grocery store
with just a few items. The lady behind me put her things on the belt close to mine, picked up one of those "Dividers" that they keep by the cash register and placed it between our things so they wouldn't get mixed. After the girl had scanned all of my items, she picked up the "Divider" looking it all over for the bar code so she could scan it. Not finding the bar code she said to me, "Do you know how much this is?" I said to her, "I've changed my
mind, I don't think I'll buy that today." She said "OK," and I paid her for the things and left. She had no clue to what had just happened.

THREE: MAKES YOU WONDER HOW THESE PEOPLE CAN SURVIVE!!!
A lady at work was seen putting a credit card into her floppy drive and pulling it out very quickly. When inquired as to what she was doing, she said she was shopping on the Internet and they kept asking for a credit card number, so she was using the ATM "thingy."

FOUR: I recently saw a distraught young lady weeping beside her car. "Doyou need some help?" I asked.
She replied, "I knew I should have replaced the battery to this remote door unlocker. Now I can't get into my car. Do you think they (pointing to a distant convenient store) would have a battery to fit this?"
"Hmmm, I dunno. Do you have an alarm too?" I asked.
"No, just this remote thingy," she answered, handing it and the car keys to me.
As I took the key and manually unlocked the door, I replied, "Why don't you drive over there and check about the batteries. It's a long walk."

FIVE: Several years ago, we had an Intern who was none too swift.
One day she was typing and turned to a secretary and said, "I'm almost out of typing paper. What do I do?"
"Just use copier machine paper," the secretary told her. With that, the intern took her last remaining blank piece of paper, put it on the photocopier and proceeded to make five "blank" copies.

SIX: I was in a car dealership a while ago, when a large motor home was towed into the garage. The front of the vehicle was in dire need of repair and the whole thing generally looked like an extra in in the movie Twister. I asked the manager what had happened. He told me that
the driver had set the "cruise control" and then went in the back to make a sandwich.

SEVEN : IDIOTS & COMPUTERS... My neighbor works in the operations department in the central office of a large bank. Employees in the field call him when they have problems with their computers. One night he got a call from a woman in one of the branch banks who had this question:
"I've got smoke coming from the back of my terminal. Do you guys have a fire downtown?" [Roll Eyes]

EIGHT: Police in Radnor, Pennsylvania, interrogated a suspect by placing a metal colander on his head and connecting it with wires to a photocopy machine. The message "He's lying" was placed in the copier, and police pressed the copy button each time they thought the suspect wasn't telling the truth. Believing the "lie detector" was working, the suspect confessed.
[Eek!]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 10 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I don't feel so dumb.
Thanks Jane

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAAAAA-hahahahahha!!!!

...a few of these remind me a little of my daughter between the age of 15 and 20, lol.

I was wondering if they were all blonde ...?

'specially the last one . . .the dumb criminal.

This could open up a whole new venue of "dumb blonde male" material.

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was me Sheila, with the funny hat on.
I,m glad it wasn't raining.

CrazyJack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Baird
Resident

Member # 3495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Baird   Email Terry Baird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That reminds me of the teen who robbed a liquor store and fled into a thickly wooded area behind the store. The police thought that he had gotten away until they spotted the lights on the back of his sneakers as he sprinted from tree to tree.

[ June 24, 2004, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Terry Baird ]

--------------------
Terry Baird
Baird Signs
3484 West Lake Rd.
Canandaigua, NY 14424

Posts: 790 | From: Canandaigua, New York | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL jack . . . . here's one I heard on Paul Harvey...

A guy goes to break into the office of a large plant to rob a safe, but there are alarm systems in place.

He has the bright idea of getting in thru an AC duct, but he does'nt fit too well, so he strips butt-naked and oils himself down with motor oil and slides right thru and drops to his feet on the floor.

They find him the next morning in the vending machine area which is enclosed with chain-link fence to the ceiling and the gate's pad-locked.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Jenicek
Visitor
Member # 2281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Jenicek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a few weeks ago, my wife was at the grocery store shopping for lunch meat. She asked the associate for a “Quarter Pound” of ham.

The associate looked at her and asked “How Much is a Quarter Pound”?

My wife’s response was, “It’s Half of a Half of Pound. Still looking puzzled, my wife finally said, “Just cut a few slices and I’ll tell you when to stop”.

--------------------
Barry Jenicek
Signs by Unique
St. Louis, MO

Posts: 34 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jackie B
Visitor
Member # 186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackie B   Author's Homepage   Email Jackie B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You made me think of the time I worked for a joint City/County Data Operations Center in Colorado. I worked nights as the computer operator. I would print out all the daily reports, separate them, and distribute them on the desks of appropriate staff throughout the City & County offices. Early one morning I got a call from a secretary stating she could not read the computer printout. It was all "backwards". I quickly went over to her office, thinking "oh my Lord - are all my reports wrong?". It WAS my error! I had put her report on her desk upside down! I turned it over for her so she could read it. TRUE STORY!
Bomba-Dear

--------------------
Bomba-Dear
Jackie Vaughn #5115
Volcano, California
www.chocoholic.com

Posts: 761 | From: Volcano, California, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And all those persons vote [Smile]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were two blonde guys working for the city. One would dig a hole, the other would follow behind him and fill the hole in. They worked
furiously all day without rest, one guy digging a hole, the other guy filling it in again. An onlooker was amazed at their hard work, but couldn't understand what they were doing, so he asked the hole digger, "I appreciate the effort you are putting into your work, but what's the story? You dig a hole and your partner follows behind and fills it up again."
The hole digger wiped his brow and sighed, "Well,
normally we are a three-man team, but the guy who plants the trees is sick today."
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Texan farmer goes to Australia for a vacation.

There he meets an Aussie farmer and gets talking. The Aussie shows off his big wheat field and the Texan says, "Oh! We have wheat fields that are at least twice as large."

Then they walk around the ranch a little, and the Aussie shows off his herd of cattle. The Texan immediately says, "We have longhorns that are at least twice as large as your cows."

The conversation has, meanwhile, almost died when the Texan sees a herd of kangaroos hopping through the field in the distance. Amazed, he asks, "What the hell are those?!"
The Aussie replies with an incredulous look, "Don't you have any grasshoppers in Texas?"

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another true story; 1953, Phoenix, Az. as reported in the Arizona Republic newspaper.

A lady in a new 1953 Chevrolet BelAir w/powerglide transmission , found herself stranded, when her battery failed on a busy down-town street. As it wouldnt start, and she was blocking traffic creating a atmosphere of haste, she accepted an offer from another motorist to push her car w/his, fast enough to start it. She informeds this young man, that to start it had to be doing 35 mph, ok, and off he went. As she watched him drive off, wondering what has happened to make him leave, she spots him in her rear-veiw mirror, headed straight for her, she prepared for crash and after wards when she got out of her car to inspect damage done by his hitting her in rear, his first remark was; "Did it start?" He had brought his car up to 35mph before he hit her, as she had told him that is only way it would start. And yes Joey, he probably votes. [Eek!]

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first one made me think of one of my favorite games. I played again this morning.

I stop at McD's to get a biscuit and Coke. The total comes to $3.12. I hand the girl a $5. After she rings it up I say, "Oh yeah, I have 12 cents", and hand that to her. Again this morning she had to ask the manager to clear the entry on the register, so she could reenter, to know how much change to give. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2274 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just this morning....

Customer calls looking for a quick sign to hang up at the local beach. Pretty simple one, so I ask what the text will be....

"NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS PROHIBITED"

???? [Eek!]

I just shook my head and explained what a double negative was.
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dusty Campbell
Visitor
Member # 4601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty Campbell   Email Dusty Campbell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is making me think of customers who don't know feet from inches. It's nice to have their signature on a proof (or their own drawing) when the get their 1" x 3" sign just like they ordered. [Dunno]

--------------------
Industrious

Posts: 1032 | From: Athens, GA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!