Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Three cheers for Steve and Barb! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Three cheers for Steve and Barb!
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Steve and Barb, and sorry for the fiasco. I think you handled things with a lot of class.
Your community of Letterville has become an important part of my professional development. A great big thank you to those who have served as mentors to me on this site as well as at meets - I think you know who you are, but I'd like to give special mention to a few...
Pat & Ruth Welter, Marty Happy, Lottie Prokott and Suelynn Sedor for being my rocks when I need them.
[Thanks]
Joe Rees for your design guidance and encouragement.
[Applause]
Jill and Si for their sunshine. Keep up the morning IMs Jill - they start me out on a great note. [Big Grin] Si - love your humour and OT posts - but you really should get to work [Wink]
Also a great big thanks to those who contacted me the last few days to show their support. [Thanks]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two thumbs up from here too!! [Applause]

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Schuttinga
Visitor
Member # 2821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter Schuttinga   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Schuttinga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know all the happenings of late, hope it hasn't been too much of a problem for you both.

This site is by far the best site on the internet for sign folks. It is interesting, informative, and has opened a whole new world for myself and others as well.

Steve and Barb, as matriarchs of this extensive extended family, you have free reign to deal with matters as you see fit. Personnaly I think deal with matters fairly and effectively. We should all be grateful for such wonderful hosts as yourselves.

To second the thoughts on another thread:
quote:

Great things to come out of Canada:

Steve and Barb

right on. [Applause]

--------------------
"Are we having fun yet?"
Peter Schuttinga
DZines Sign Studio
1617 Millstream rd
Victoria BC
V9B-6G4

Posts: 521 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I been jumpin over so many posts lately, I almost missed this one.

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

Someone mentioned that someone else had said Steve and Barb are not qualified to run this site. Maybe they should find someone that is qualified, and start thier own site. Then, they could get all the whiners to go over there. Me, I'm gonna stay right here as long as Steve and Barb allow it.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2297 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You said a mouthful Don. [Wink]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Levesque
Visitor
Member # 4374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Levesque   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Levesque       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers from me also, I check the site everday and have used 80% of the Merchants here and have had numerous questions answered to help me make better signs.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Dave

--------------------
Dave Levesque
Angelo Sign
3014 Hemlock
San Angelo, TX 76904

Posts: 82 | From: San Angelo, TX | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't imagine anyone other then the Shortreeds running this site, both do a wonderful job. I've been here eight years and on my second name and yet still bring a smile to everyones face, to some when I come in the door and to some when I leave [Smile]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Duncan
Visitor
Member # 316

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mike Duncan   Email Mike Duncan       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don,
I agree!! No whining-take it elsewhere

Joey-
anyone who gets a smile when you leave just doesn't get it! [Dunno]

--------------------
Mike Duncan(from the left coast)
Astoria, Oregon

Posts: 367 | From: Astoria, Oregon 97103 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHHAHHA; Mike, I smile at Joey leaving because I know he'll be back......usually just in time w/just the right remarks.

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony McDonald
Resident

Member # 1158

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tony McDonald   Email Tony McDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks big time Steve and Barb, you are doing a wonderful job. There isn't any other place like this one to get....or give a little help. It may get a bit colorful at times, but this would be a very boring world if there was only one opinion. I just try not to get involved with the ugly topics. [Eek!]

When raising my 4 kids I would sometimes ask them not to do something, and sometimes I didn't give them a reason. Usually it was because the odds were good of them getting hurt. I'm not saying that we are kids...just that I understand that at times for reasons that may not be clear to us you have to do what you have to do, like deleting an ugly post, etc... and I can accept that.

Over two millions hits on this site since January....you must be doin' it right!
[Thanks] [Applause]

--------------------
Ace Graphics & Printing
Camdenton, MO. USA

acegraphics1@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1198 | From: Camdenton, MO. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all your encouraging comments. There has been several times lately that I've had a good look at myself in the mirror. The face looks the same, maybe a bit thinner, but I hope it's the same person.

I know I've developed slightly thicker skin over the last few years. Letterville is my life and it does hurt to see it ridiculed. My biggest fear is that some of the critism may be true and that I am blinded by pride. We're not as "innocent" and trusting as we once were, but it's time to get up, brush off all the dirt and get back on the road. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts.

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was showing a potential merchant this site yesterday. I told him how I don't understand why everyone doesn't pay $50 a year to be a resident because of all of the perks, and why more retailers don't pay $500 to be merchants. The exposure is awesome. I learn too much not to pay. I would feel guilty if I didn't.

To echo everyone else THANKS STEVE & BARB!!!!!!

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!