Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT ..... H e doublehockeysticks has Frozen over ......OT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT ..... H e doublehockeysticks has Frozen over ......OT
goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goddinfla   Email goddinfla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's official, the Devil has ordered a Zamboni. First the Tampa Bay Lightning are in a Stanley Cup Final seventh game and second they're quoting Donald Thompson in Sign Builder Illustrated.

I'll be there tonight watching Dave Andreychuk skate the cup.

I'm pumped.

Go Bolts!!!!

[ June 07, 2004, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: goddinfla ]

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Posts: 1050 | From: Tampa Fl USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter and husband are all excited about this. She thinks she can score a couple of the available tickets today. Sure, good luck on that.

Watch out for Iginla.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goddinfla   Email goddinfla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She may not be able to get tickets today. A buddy of mine got one of the last standing room tickets yesterday at $203.00 and said the scalpers are getting over $300 for nosebleeds. Lower level are over $800 apiece. Thank God I get paid to see the games. Being a lower level usher I have to go down my aisle at one minute left to keep people from rushing the glass. I'll be right there when the horn sounds, hopefully jumping up and down.

Go Bolts!!!!!

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Posts: 1050 | From: Tampa Fl USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go bolts! Have fun Dennis! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heck I don't feel bad for buying plane tickets to Edmonton if Hockey costs so much to witness.
BTW, Dennis, will we see you on TV?
love...Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Green
Visitor
Member # 3508

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jeff Green   Email Jeff Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have to say it now. Being from Calgary and watching those Flames kick some serious tail in the play offs...

GO FLAMES GO!

I am pumped up about tonights game and then heading down to the red mile (17th AVE) where, when the Flames win tonight, there might be upwards to 100,000 people in a ten block area!

Can't wait!

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!

--------------------
Jeff Green
Taylor Signs
jeff92@shaw.ca

Posts: 113 | From: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a pile of Crap! If any of you think that the last few games were played on a level skating rink, well then you should stay out to lunch. Calgary Won the last Game, with a Goal that the powers upstairs should have acknowleged.
How many Penalties can one team take? I bet they are 3 to 1 in the Bolts favour.. wah wah wah! Gruble grumble lol!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go Flames Go!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to any sports city and the same mantra comes out. Poor officiating on our team, more penalties called on our guys etc.
Pleeeze!

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Green
Visitor
Member # 3508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Green   Email Jeff Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While it is true there was a goal that was never acknowledged, and a certain ref that seems to give Calgary a few more penalties that Tampa, Calgary is still strong!

I just hope that there is nothing up with this last game since that same ref is back... should be interesting.

Good Luck All, but GO CALGARY GO!

--------------------
Jeff Green
Taylor Signs
jeff92@shaw.ca

Posts: 113 | From: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian White
Visitor
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian White   Author's Homepage   Email Brian White   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll be watching for you tonight on the tube Dennis... crying your eyes out! [Wink]

Go Flames Go!

--------------------
Brian White
Park Sign
Collingwood, Ontario
bwhite@parksign.com
www.parksign.com

www.parksign.com

Posts: 110 | From: Collingwood, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Niska
Visitor
Member # 4350

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Scott Niska   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Niska       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone else around here is cheering for the Bolts, I say GO FLAMES. I'll be cheering loudly from MN when the Flames take the cup and Iginla skates his victory lap!!

--------------------
Herbie Niska
H & K Painting
Dassel, MN
612-518-2565

Posts: 15 | From: Dassel, MN | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J & N Signs
Resident

Member # 901

Icon 16 posted      Profile for J & N Signs   Email J & N Signs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris Simon is from our neck of the woods (Wawa)
Go Flames Go

--------------------
Mario G. Lafreniere (Fergie)
J&N Signs
Winter did show up!

Posts: 1257 | From: Chapleau, Ontario | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Ackerson
Visitor
Member # 3224

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Alan Ackerson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Ackerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is hockey heaven!

--------------------
Alan Ackerson
LetterWorks Design and Graphics
alan@ack2.com

Posts: 776 | From: Oak Ridge, NJ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LETS GO METS!!!

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Butler, are you still grumbling 'cause the leafs are out ???

[Wink] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

How did that taste?

I'll tell, you it tasted sweet.

Super Dave skating the cup.

I was down at the goal judge box for the last minute of play and during the celebration. Taking pictures and crying. Tears of joy for Dave and the rest of the guys. Also for my long suffering season ticket holders. And for me. I'll take this over ten Super Bowls. Then there was Brad Richards winning the Conn Smythe. My wife's maiden name is Richards so we call him Cousin Brad.

The Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning

I like the sound of that.

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, you are gloating, then....

I knew it... I just knew it!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Ackerson
Visitor
Member # 3224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Ackerson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Ackerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have goose bumps.

--------------------
Alan Ackerson
LetterWorks Design and Graphics
alan@ack2.com

Posts: 776 | From: Oak Ridge, NJ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

Not gloating...floating on cloud nine.

Still numb, doesn't seem real even though I was 15 feet behind Habby when they mobbed him.

Surreal night.

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Julio Tome
Visitor
Member # 4701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Julio Tome   Email Julio Tome       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sad that the flames lost the cup, but at least 90 percent of tampa bays team is Canadian, so I guess the cup will be coming home after all! You can take the Stanley Cup out of Canada, but you can never take Canada out of the Stanley Cup!

[ June 08, 2004, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Julio Tome ]

--------------------
Julio Tome
Affordable Graphic DeSIGNS Co.
Surrey, B.C.
email@affordablesigns.ca

Posts: 34 | From: Surrey, B.C. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never watch hockey, but last night as I was turning the channel, I pasted the game. I stopped and within three seconds I saw the lightnings second goal. I thought about you the rest of the night Dennis. How does that make you feel?

Congrats Buddy

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian White
Visitor
Member # 42

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian White   Author's Homepage   Email Brian White   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Dennis...

I'm striping the Go Flames Go off my truck this morning and eating crow for breakfast.

Looks like the best team won... I hate to say.

[ June 08, 2004, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: Brian W ]

--------------------
Brian White
Park Sign
Collingwood, Ontario
bwhite@parksign.com
www.parksign.com

www.parksign.com

Posts: 110 | From: Collingwood, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Green
Visitor
Member # 3508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Green   Email Jeff Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a great game last night. Congrats to the Bolts.

That siad, I still want to send congrats to the Flames and the rest of the Flames Fans. Last night was a lot of dissappointment, and a lot of things could have happened on the Red Mile, but instead of crying, everyone was toasting the Flames onto next year for a good season. It was a lot of fun this run!

Cya Next YEAR!
GO FLAMES GO!

--------------------
Jeff Green
Taylor Signs
jeff92@shaw.ca

goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

Being an usher at the games I get to interact with the opposing team's fans. The Calgary fans I had in my section were really nice folks. In general hockey fans are good people, like the players. I even had nice Flyer fans this year.

Near the end of the game when a Calgary fan would go by me I would tell them there was still time to go out and buy a Lightning jersey and see what it's like to win The Cup. One guy said he'd seen them win a cup. I said "I mean this century"

Big props to the Flames, they surprised me with their tenacity and hard work. Hope to see them in the playoffs in the future.

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yippee! Fun to watch! Congrats to both teams for the hard play.

Tampa Rocks!

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said it before and I'll say it again... just look at the officiating.... a penalty called in the last minute, by Kerry Fraser no doubt. The penalty was for charging... there was NO Charging, charging is when a player leaps off his skates... it's just too bad that it ended like this, it does put a bitter taste in my mouth about Hockey and the way it has Gone. Now I'm not saying that the Bolts did'nt deserve to win, they Did! They were first overall, so that says it all.

And they are full of Canadian Boys, so I really was happy for them, it's just the politics that bothers me, for crying out loud it's almost as bad as Wrestling.

Note, this said with tongue in cheek, so don't go flaming a poor Hockey Fan, afterall I'm for Toronto for God's Sake!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

Agree it wasn't charging, it was a high stick drawing blood. Had to be called no matter when in a game it happens. A penalty is a penalty whether it's the first minute of preseason or the last minute of game seven in the Stanley Cup Finals. If the refs were consistent there would be no griping about the officiating. No I don't mean consistently bad like they usually are. But doesn't Kerry have nice hair?

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

I just got home from BEING IN the Stanley Cup parade. Awesome day. Got pics with the Prince of Wales trophy and the Conn Smythe. Pics with Brad Richards and Ruslan Fedotenko. Pics of all the guys. After the parade we had a party at The Forum.

Lord Stanley's cup is now being polished with spf 30 silver polish, however NEVER, NEVER refer to it as a Dixie Cup.

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dixie Cup HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Green
Visitor
Member # 3508

Yesterday went to the Rally for the Flames. Read in the paper there were up to30 thousand people there. It was a lot of fun. Those boys did us proud regardless of not bringing home the trouphy!

Cya Next Year Lightning!

--------------------
Jeff Green
Taylor Signs
jeff92@shaw.ca

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!