Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » What's YOUR weather like?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's YOUR weather like?
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 4 seasons here in Palm Springs are: tolerable, hot, really hot, and ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!

We have officially reached the ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!? phase.

It was 104º today. The forecast is calling for it to get progressively uglier all week culminating at 111º on Saturday.

This is it folks until approximately Halloween when it traditionally cools down. With any luck however we should be moving from this god-forsaken sand trap by summer's end and maybe much sooner than that.

Hey Mike Pipes...you melting yet?

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the weather has been beautiful...but the black flies SUCK!!!! i hope you get to move soon...i'd rather live in zero degree weeather than 100 plus degrees.

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pretty much agree with you there Karen...when it's cold you can put something on, when it's hot there's only so much you can take off! hahahaha

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
Folsom, CA

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad Farha
Visitor
Member # 931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad Farha   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Farha   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate heat. Anything over 70º and I get uncomfortable. The best thing about WV is the weather - four distinct, moderate seasons. Last year we didn't have a single day over 90º, yet we never had more than 6" of snow fall at once. The only place I've been with nicer weather is Carmel, CA. But even there, you've got to stay near the coast to enjoy the yearlong moderate temps. (Not to mention the fact that 'normal' people can't afford to live there.)

--------------------
Brad Farha, owner
Farha Signs
Beckley, WV
304-252-3778

Posts: 981 | From: Beckley, WV | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The only place I've been with nicer weather is Carmel, CA. But even there, you've got to stay near the coast to enjoy the yearlong moderate temps. (Not to mention the fact that 'normal' people can't afford to live there.)

Yup, Carmel is fabulous. You can't touch a house there for under $1MM. My husband's company wanted to transfer him to Monterey (right next to Carmel) and we had to politely say thanks but no thanks. I looked at houses in the $350K range and the only thing I found was a 1200sq ft MOBILE HOME about an hour away. NO THANKS.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
Folsom, CA

Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We went from the bleakest winter of my existence to 3 days of sunshine to continual rain & thunderstorms.
The weather has really changed in my 41 years on Earth. We used to have 4 seasons, but things just aren't what they used to be!
Must be all those 1-Shot fumes I'm putting into the environment.
Love...Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melting? It only hit 108 here today - no sweat! relatively speaking, of course. When I'm cussing 122 degrees and 40% humidity in August I'll be wishing it were only 108. [Smile]

I like the weather here. It's only 3 months of hell (July, August, September) and the rest of the year is just varying degrees of absolutely perfect.

We have constant breezes here that make the heat more tolerable. The lake is nice and cool too.
Also, if the heat is too much to take we can catch a break by driving about an hour out of town and the temp will be 20 degrees cooler.

[ May 31, 2004, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Mike Pipes ]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad Farha
Visitor
Member # 931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad Farha   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Farha   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kimberly Zanetti:
Yup, Carmel is fabulous. You can't touch a house there for under $1MM. My husband's company wanted to transfer him to Monterey (right next to Carmel) and we had to politely say thanks but no thanks. I looked at houses in the $350K range and the only thing I found was a 1200sq ft MOBILE HOME about an hour away. NO THANKS.

Yeah, my father lived in Santa Cruz overlooking the ocean up until his death a year ago. It's beautiful all along the coast there, but real estate is crazy expensive.

--------------------
Brad Farha, owner
Farha Signs
Beckley, WV
304-252-3778

Posts: 981 | From: Beckley, WV | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back porch said 102 yesterday. No rain for months. 69% below average for rain with major concern for fires like in 1998.

It sucks! Getting a lot of use from the pool.

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Berry
Visitor
Member # 2604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Berry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been pretty wet, nice this weekend and calling for rain most of the week this week. I am ready for some nice weather.

--------------------
Mike Berry
New England

Posts: 534 | From: New England | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our weather, for the last couple of months has been coolish rainy cloudy thunderstormy.........

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! Compared to WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

At least the grass is green, the trees are in full leaf, the veggie garden is planted and I can ride the lawnmower instead of pushing the snowblower!!!!! [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8880 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2" fresh snow on Saturday, still wearing tuque & neckwarmer to walk the dog.

Lakes still frozen solid, looks like end of June before I'll get the boat in the water this year.

I think someone forgot to order summer this year...

Good news is today's forcast

Today .. A mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming east 20 km/h this morning. High 11. UV index 8 or very high.
Tonight .. Clearing. Low 1.

A virtual heatwave and no frost tonight ... Yippee!

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
90 degrees during the day but the tornados cool it off at night!

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have had unusual amounts of constant rain for weeks now. We've only mowed the lawn twice since winter. Everything is green and growing slowly, but with no heat, nothing is moving very fast. This grey weather is getting very depressing, but I hear the weekend is down to only 30 percent chance of rain, so we may see the sun peek out every now and then!

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been tornado alley here with more rain forecasted for the next 3 days. The river that runs through our town is in the flood stage and is overflowing its banks. Despite that -- this is one of the best times of year. No bugs and perfect temperatures. Cool evenings, no airco needed, but when the sirens blow it's time to get to the basement, wait it out and assess the damage when it blows over.

Kimberly -- I saw the "Day After Tomorrow!" I suggest you avoid that movie if you're worried about global warming.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 14 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was real nice in the low 80's for the last few weeks, but that's about to change, like yesterday it will be close to 97 today, then we will start hitting the 100's, HOT but nothing like good ole Palm Springs. Hope you get your wish for the transfer...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Chavez
Visitor
Member # 2146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Chavez   Email Rick Chavez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would contribute to this thread, but me and you have the same weather...HOOOOOOOOTTTT!!!
I turned tge AC off last night and went to 80 before I was forced to turn it on again......

--------------------
Rick Chavez
Hemet, CA

Posts: 1538 | From: Hemet,CA U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Levesque
Visitor
Member # 4374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Levesque   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Levesque       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freaking Hot!!!!!!
Usually Always near 100 or over during the day, but at night it's really nice, around 90 or so.

It otta be a law in West Texas that all houses are built with swimming pools.

--------------------
Dave Levesque
Angelo Sign
3014 Hemlock
San Angelo, TX 76904

Posts: 82 | From: San Angelo, TX | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just goes to show how relative weather is..

Rick's gotta turn the AC on if it gets up to 80 in his house while at my place the AC is set on 83 or 84 most of the time. When I get in from exercising or being at the beach all day it gets put on 80 to really cool me off. Any cooler than that and it's starting to get too chilly for my tastes! [Smile] All the ceiling fans in the house are on constantly though so the moving air cools things down a bit more.

pushing 110 today, 112 by the weekend... 83 in the house really does feel good compared to that!

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Daniels
Visitor
Member # 3455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Daniels   Email Scott Daniels   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very similar to Bill Diaz without the tornados. The river here has risen 9 inches in the last two days though. Good thing were about 30 feet above the river.

For those of you interested, check out this link for our river from the U.S. Geological Survey crew:

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/il/nwis/uv?format=gif&period=7&site_no=05437500

--------------------
Scott Daniels
That Sign Shop
Rockton, IL

Posts: 19 | From: Rockton, IL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad Farha
Visitor
Member # 931

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Pipes:
Just goes to show how relative weather is..

Rick's gotta turn the AC on if it gets up to 80 in his house while at my place the AC is set on 83 or 84 most of the time. When I get in from exercising or being at the beach all day it gets put on 80 to really cool me off. Any cooler than that and it's starting to get too chilly for my tastes! [Smile] All the ceiling fans in the house are on constantly though so the moving air cools things down a bit more.

pushing 110 today, 112 by the weekend... 83 in the house really does feel good compared to that!

You wouldn't like it here then. 80º is miserably uncomfortable for me.

--------------------
Brad Farha, owner
Farha Signs
Beckley, WV
304-252-3778

Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it here in La Mirada...warm days and cool nites...we need a light blanket at nite!

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

[ June 01, 2004, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Si Allen ]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Chavez
Visitor
Member # 2146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Chavez   Email Rick Chavez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss La Mirada.... [Frown]

--------------------
Rick Chavez
Hemet, CA

Posts: 1538 | From: Hemet,CA U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Ackerson
Visitor
Member # 3224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Ackerson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Ackerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool and mostly wet. Great for the new grass seed.

It's hailing like crazy right now. I just heard a Tornado warning on the radio too.

I remember a long time ago, they used to call this spring.

--------------------
Alan Ackerson
LetterWorks Design and Graphics
alan@ack2.com

Posts: 776 | From: Oak Ridge, NJ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Osborne
Visitor
Member # 4569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Osborne   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Osborne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunshine and showers here 16.c
Bit too spring like for June but we'll get there!

--------------------
Wayne Osborne signs
Midhurst W.Sussex U.K
www.osbornesigns.co.uk

"When happiness shows up always give it a comfortable seat"

Posts: 353 | From: Midhurst ,West sussex, Britain | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!