Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT - Are you a believer.... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OT - Are you a believer....
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly Ray.

I'm afraid they think we're all idiots since they only kidnap the woman in a mumu and rollers and cold cream at the 7-11 at 3 am or take the guy outta his primer red pickup on his way back to the trailer park after trying to go ice fishing just like them yanks do. in july. in georgia.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeremy, thanks for the links...I'm working my way through them but let's start with a couple.

The Camera Crosshairs issue of the first link:

Even one sample of the debunker shows that even a crosshair that is over a very bright section of his panel STILL leaves a faint, lightened but clearly visible portion of crosshair. This would be true in any case except maybe if you took a picture directly at the blazing sun.

The apollo photo in question is clearly NOT bright enough to totally obliterate the crosshair....in my opinion you would see at least a faint indication across the bright portion of the object.

The Flag waving on the moon where there is no wind explanation: They claim they put a brace purposely on the flag to make it stick out for the shot as an appearance of it waving. One could also say that they purposely made it look to be waving to be visually appealing to fool the masses who would not have known this fact....and they merely changed there explanation to fit a new scenario.

More to come later...going to see Shrek 2. Now there's something I can believe in: Talking donkeys. Hehehehe.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean "Men in Black" wasn't a documentary???

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5092 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeremy Vecoli
Visitor
Member # 2278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeremy Vecoli         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...The apollo photo in question is clearly NOT bright enough to totally obliterate the crosshair....in my opinion you would see at least a faint indication across the bright portion of the object."

Of course it is bright enough!

Ask any photographer. They will certainly have a different opinion...
Here is a perfect example that shows overexposure bleed. No "faint indication" The crosshairs are built into the camera, nobody needs to "add" them in.
 -
Even if it was faked, they would have used the same camera. I guess like abortion, evolution, politics, etc, nobody comes out of this with their mind changed, however in this case, there is a strong credibility imbalance between the two positions in favor of a successful landing.

--------------------
JT

Posts: 230 | From: MN | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ernie Balch
Resident

Member # 3545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ernie Balch   Author's Homepage   Email Ernie Balch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I know there isn't anyone claiming to have faked the landing.

Where are the first hand accounts of the faking process? People would have written books and cashed in.

The moon landings could not have been faked, it is impossible to keep that kind of secret for 35 years. When a large number of people are involved in a project, the story always gets told after 20 years or so.

ernie

--------------------
Ernie Balch
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY
518-885-9899

Posts: 405 | From: Malta, NY | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's kind of like the history books telling us forever that Christopher Columbus discovered America, and the Wright Brothers were the first to fly a "sustained" flight....now, these are being scrutinized for their legitimacy.

Or even Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech which he claimed as his own....now we find out he plagerized that from another preacher....and was almost thrown out of school for plagerizing several other people's work. Yet certain segments of the population will go on forever believing the original story.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Wunch
Visitor
Member # 3577

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Karen Wunch   Author's Homepage   Email Karen Wunch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*hoots*

Silly silly silly, Ya'll:
"trailer parks" are, in themselves, micro-economic entities. BELIEVE everything trailer trash tells ya.. *LOL*

That, aside. JFK RULED.

Don't tell me Camelot didn't exist and we didn't land on the Moon.

Just don't tell me that. Don't tell me a LOT of things:

Don't tell me my dad was injured and died 25 years later from injuries sustained due to the Korean 'CONFLICT' (ie: NOT war...) HA! I lived every day through those 25 years with Him...

Don't tell me my Mom didn't get a "US Flag" from Grateful Nation upon His death ...due to a "Conflict"...

Don't tell me Hitler didn't cause the Hollocaust.

Don't tell me those things...

IF all the Conspiracy Theories are TRUE???

I just ... don't want to KNOW.

Frankly? I just DON'T want to KNOW the truth...

Let me hide in this lil' bubble of mine. I'm happy here...with Dad's USA Flag, and my lil' Moon Rock..

*hugs her Moon Rock*

~k~

--------------------
Karen Wunch (kwunch on chat)
A2Z SIGNS in Buford, GA
----------------
"Believe there is a great power silently working all things for good, behave yourself and never mind the rest." ~~Beatrice Potter

Posts: 126 | From: Buford Georgia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UH!! NOW SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!

You have cast doubt and questions in the minds of people even affecting the little Moon-Doll!!!
I won't stand for it.

I want documentations of the garbage you heard and saw. [Razz]
I saw no authentic information on the original post . . .just:

"I heard "some" people did'nt believe it . . ."

and "I saw a show . . ."

Not to say that you did'nt hear this or see a show, of course you did, but to say that I'm amazed at the number of people who comment on and/or vehenmently defend hear-say and other crazy things that actually make it to public programming.

Which BTW reminds me Ray & Kissy: I too am amazed at the "Highly Intelligent" life" forms that "visit" this planet and refuse to head straight for those who are desprately trying to comunicate with them with millions of dollars of equipment and grants. . . . . . .

. . . .I am amazed at the number of intelligent life forms that commented on this post . . . .LOL

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't tell me Vinyls gonna replace paint

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Icon 4 posted      Profile for James Donahue   Author's Homepage   Email James Donahue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm currently reading a book by Lee Strobel, who used to be an investigative journalist and award winning legal editor of the Chicago Tribune.

The book is called "The Case For A Creator", and I recomend it. In it, he interviews a number of people, including Philosopher Jay Wesley Richards, PHD, and Astronomer Guillermo Gonzolez,PHD. Together the two authored
"The privileged Planet".

On page 179 of Strobel's book, as he's interviewing them, they said: "...We can actually measure this. Astronauts left mirrors on the moon and astronomers have been bouncing lasers off them since the early 1970's..."

I was hoping there was something they left behind. Now what's left to do is ask a different astronomer if the mirrors business is true, as I'm leary of information from only one source.

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.
Seymour TN. (865) 577-3365 brushman@nxs.net

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch,
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2057 | From: 1033 W. Union Valley Rd. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whether or not we've actually been to the moon is a moot point - if we *have* been there they haven't done anything with it since so what's the point of debating it?

I don't think aliens are visiting us in search for intelligent life, they're barking up the wrong tree if they are - THEY'RE the ones that know how to put interplanetary spacecraft into the hands of individuals. On Earth, all they'll find are guinea pigs for their experiments, at best, which makes sense that they take the bottomfeeders as Kissy points out. [Smile]

And what's with this notion that aliens wouldn't be able to understand and communicate in our own languages? They can build and fly spacecraft that travel lightyears to our planet, but they can't decipher our language? Uh huh. Yeah.

[Smile]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well all I have to say is Mr Magoo was faking it... he could really see! [Razz]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it was a hoax, then the government went all out financially to create the illusion. I was building circuit boards for Jabil Circuit for the space/moon program back in the 60's. If it was a hoax, Jabil Circuit certianly prospered from it (those that followtechno stocks will know what I am talking about).

ps. I amso impressed with the brains that we got here. I never knew so many people painting signs came from intellient life.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Ro, Mr. Magoo can see, also true, clams have legs!!!!!

Laura, why does the fact this industry has intelligent ppl. aboard surprise you? Do you think a complete idiot would know how to space, layout, design, apply (either by hand or w/vinyl),run an office, make estimates, operate a computor, encompass mass amounts of knowledge neccessary to succesfully operate as a sign/design shop, intelligent enough to do your own books, purchaser, outside sales, inside sales, controller, dispatcher, janitor, paint expert, brush expert, vinyl expert, shop-foreman, shop-goat, expert at taxes, knowledge of licensing, knowledge of rules governing paint operations, and on and on and on....these are not the signs of less than intelligent ppl. Laura. I'm surprised you'd even say such a thing, I'd figure it would have been just the opposite. Don't undersell any of us because you don't understand, I don't know you, but, if this is an indication of your professional level,I don't want to, I've worked hard all my life in this industry and the only thing I can think of to say to you is; you need to find a day job, this isn't an industry you'll be happy in. It's about the love of the craft and some of you out there will never know that feeling. Plain and simple, just don't hammer the rest of us as if we're just trailer trash and Lordy, they're about half smart too!!!! I for one took offense to your broad painting of us as less then intellengent persons simply because we fall under the banner of sign-painters/ design artists. Either find another way to say what ever it is that you have to say, or quit saying anything at all, that's the only slack I'll give at this point, I'm offended by your post....I'm not incapable of doing anything I wish to, including being a rocket scientist. I chose to be an artist. My resume speaks for itself...

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Lopez
Visitor
Member # 131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Lopez   Email Don Lopez       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Grandmother never ever believed it, her spin on it was that it was pure Hollywood.
I am a Believer.
But tempered against anything from Historians and Governments is the following:

Body of Truth
Heinrich Boll

Is written history lies ?
No, not lies perhaps, but it is more like a narrative of inaccuracies in as much as one can never precisely reconstruct it,
and it therefore contains untruths. At bottom truth was an 'assembled' thing.
That it could not be found in one place, not in one book, one man's perspective,
not in one man's testimony, or one government's history.
These were only particles of truth.
They had to be assembled, collated to get at the greater thing itself.
It is such an obvious thing, that one seems not to be cognizant of it.
We go through life holding only the particles in our hands, thinking all along that we possess the whole thing itself.
Truth was so difficult to get at because the documents that we gather together in order to assemble the truth may not
in themselves be truthful to begin with.
We know that governments and statesmen lie to each other and that these lies sometimes are recorded (as truth, of course)
in documents which we then assemble (unaware of their deceit)
like so many particles, and with the best of intentions,
into a body of 'truth' that really is not the truth at all.

--------------------
Don Lopez Signs
Signwriter
Faulconbridge N.S.W.
Australia
02 4751 2158

Posts: 80 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail & Dave Beattie
Visitor
Member # 572

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gail & Dave Beattie   Author's Homepage   Email Gail & Dave Beattie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Brian, Devo keeps telling me that since he gave up drinking he doesn't care about the half full or half empty bit... it's just a glass!
[Smile]

on the other hand discussions like this always bring to mind a part of that old quote... 'more things in heaven and earth than are dreampt of in your philosophy'

my nana always said the more she learnt the less she knew of anything, so I think it might be an age thing

in the bigger picture 'It is what it is'...said with a shrug of my shoulders [Smile]

(by the way that is my new favorite saying)

cheers
gail

--------------------
Gail & Dave
Hervey Bay
Qld Australia

gail@roadwarriorproducts.com.au

sumtimes ya just gota!

Posts: 794 | From: 552 O'Regans Creek Rd Toogoom Qld 4655 Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In response to James Donahue's question, the following were only a few of the many links generated by a google search for "mirrors on the moon". There is some fascinating science on these sites.

Disclaimer: None of these are Letterville merchants. Should you decide to buy a slightly used Lunar Rover, seismograph or mirror ranging device through one of these links, please inform the man in the moon of the benefits of becoming a Letterville merchant. We can then truly have an "out of this world" Letterhead site.

http://physics.ucsd.edu/%7Etmurphy/apollo/lrrr.html

http://www.firstscience.com/site/articles/galileo.asp

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/Aug2002/1021715697.As.r.html

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/expmoon/Apollo11/A11_Experiments_LRRR.html

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/SEhelp/ApolloLaser.html

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2002/01/17/MN81755.DTL&type=printable

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5092 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is intellient the unintelligent spelling of intelligent?

It takes an awful lot more intelligence to learn the craft and business ends, solve problems, figure out new techniques and built your own business than it takes to write a check to buy yourself a job, er signshop and go to a free forum to post 'Help me' posts everytime you don't know how to do something.

Quite frankly, it amazes me that you consider all of us unintelligent signpainters, but we're still good enough to tell you how to do your job when you put your help me posts here.

Frank said it perfectly: it's about the love of the craft. Perhaps in your next life you'll understand what that means.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
: )

Did anybody see the obscure film Capricorn I with OJ Simpson? It covered this very subject. Go rent it from the video store. Acting is bad, but, the story is interesting.

[ July 12, 2004, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Rick Beisiegel ]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3488 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Gibbs
Visitor
Member # 3882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron Gibbs   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Gibbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They never went back because they found better cheese right here on earth.
I watched every Mercury,Gemini and Appollo as a kid on the Zenith too.From Cape Canavrel to Houston ,Astronauts were my heros.It was so fasinating ,glued to the TV ,witnessing such events. I even got to skip school!Watching takeoffs to orbit the earth and landings as they splashed down in the ocean.My mother and I would get up in the middle of the night to watch if we had too.When the lunar landings took place it was the height of the Space Program.
Not a chance ! it didn't take place.

--------------------
Ron Gibbs
Gibbs Airbrush
www.gibbsairbrush.com
1381 St. Marys Cres.
Burlington,
Ontario,
Canada, L7P1S1

Posts: 119 | From: Burlington,Ontario,Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

My father was a geophysicist who did his masters thesis on Meteor Crater, Arizona. He worked with Gene and Carolyn Shoemaker on the Sierra Madera impact site in West Texas in the early ‘60s.

He helped develop the curriculum for training astronauts in geology since, with one exception, Harrison Schmidt, they were test pilots, not scientists. Gene Shoemaker worked on giving the hands on geological training to the astronauts.

As a young teen, I saw many NASA reports in the house, data from Ranger and Surveyor spacecraft. I had other friends who were working as subcontractors on various aspects of the project.

I think it would have been much harder to pull off a hoax of this magnitude than to actually land on the moon. Yeah, I’m a believer.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Michael Latham
Visitor
Member # 4477

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Latham   Email Michael Latham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELL, VERY GOOD QUESTION. i KNOW ELVIS IS ALIVE AND PLAYING PIANO AT A LITTLE TAVERN NEAR MY SHOP, TUESDAY THRU SATURDAY. gREAT! AS FAR AS THE MOON SHOT, i HAVE MY DOUBTS, AFTER ALL WHEN WE LANDED ON THE MOON NOTHING WAS MENTIONED ABOUT THE CHEESE IT IS MADE OF. NOW WALLACE AND GROMIT MADE A TRIP TO THE MOON JUST FOR THE CHEESE FILLING. I SEEM TO REMEMBER THAT IT EITHER WASN'T REAL GOOD OR REALLY NOT CHEESE. OF COURSE WALLACE AND GROMIT FLEW SOME 5 TO 8 YEARS BACK, NOT IN THE SIXTIES. I THINK SOMEONE NEEDS TO RESEARCH THIS!
MY 2 SCENTS.

--------------------
Michael A Latham
Tee's Me Shirt & Sign
16462 Jefferson Davis Highway
Colonial Heights Va. 804-835-3299
signdogopie@aol.com

Posts: 379 | From: Colonial Heights, Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!