Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » shopping spree at my favorite sign supply store

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: shopping spree at my favorite sign supply store
Dan Streicher
Visitor
Member # 4515

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dan Streicher         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh what a wonderful day (but expensive....and well worth it) I was a little down in the dumps today dealing with some issues that I didn't really want to and my wife took the day off so we went to "that sign supply store from heaven" that I have told so many people about, Pacific Coast Paint & Sign Supply and tried to convince the owner John that he should join this wonderful group of nutty sign people, feel free to tell him yourself call and ask for a catalog their phone # is 503-232-8535 and anyone who has been there will tell you they have everything "almost" that's alot of pressure...but he is coming to check out this site and see if it will be worth it to join....so I bought a new plotter because it has a kick ass pounce feature (not slow at all compared to what I have seen in the past) a Summa and thanks to the summa rep that haunts this site that helped me with answering some additional ?'s you have a great vendor in Portland selling your products (above mentioned sign supply company truly excellent) they had EVERY one shot product that is still made on the shelves, they also charge one shot or other paints into spray cans for you if you'd like, the owner John had a new brush that he wanted to show me (and it was AFFORDABLE) a whole line of macks that I used one of today 1/2" flat cost....$7.00...so four pages of receipts later that smile returned to my face....Sheilla if you read this drop me a email you know my address I need your real address as I have a surprise present for you, but it will take me about a week to ship to you because I am going to make you a little something special to make it even better, so I'll be looking forward to that email from you....check this shop out they may answer a lot of supply problems for you, and hopefully they will be a merchant here shortly.....how's that for sales pressure.

--------------------
Dan Streicher
Slidell, LA

Posts: 445 | From: Slidell, LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, don't forget the Darbys.... a few drops goes a long way! How about that COOOOOL shiny aluminum sign kit, eh!

receipts are Good, Dan! it's all a write off!!

John Lennig / SignRider

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Streicher
Visitor
Member # 4515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Streicher         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John how are you? that kit is cool and I was droooooooling over it a bit today too and they had a carbon fiber maul stick (it was so lite is was like it wasn't there lol) they had every one shot product amazing and oh the brushes Thank you for leaving some for me after you visited I was afraid you might buy them out and leave me stranded on the eastside without a brush.....), isn't that shop just the dream sign supply store? if they could all be that way what a lovely sign world it would be....

Hey John what sizes of 1 shot do you usually buy as I would like to include you in part of my little gift? so let me know what size cans and get me a snail mail address and in a week or two I will send you a little "goodie"! take care buddy

--------------------
Dan Streicher
Slidell, LA

Posts: 445 | From: Slidell, LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the headsup Dan. John also mentioned this supplier to us when we visited him last week.

I've sent John a note to checkout this post and I'll call tomorrow to followup. I can't see any reason a popular supplier like this would not do well here in Letterville.

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Streicher
Visitor
Member # 4515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Streicher         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree Steve, after all of the threads about signmakers not being able to find the products that they need and want, I think they can only succeed here, then you throw in their customer service and a great brush selection (they really know the differences between the brushes...amazing for a supplier) then they balance it all out with a good vinyl selection as well.....EVEN SIGNGOLD BRIAN "the master with a brush" Briske!!! that store just brings a smile to my face so to all of you 'heads if you are in this neck of the woods stop by my place and we'll go shopping together and I'll even buy you lunch.

--------------------
Dan Streicher
Slidell, LA

Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also spent the morning at a supplier's yesterday, Dan.

Hadn't been there for several months and it was nice to see the familiar faces. Even better, they don't typically do much paint sales (mostly plastic products) and all but one can of the 1Shot I picked up still had the lead content in them.

SCORE!!! [Applause]
Rapid

[ May 12, 2004, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Ray Rheaume ]

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Streicher
Visitor
Member # 4515

Well Ray all I can say (damn I'm a poet didn't even know it) is that I may owe that sign supply place the rights to my first born child after yesterday....maybe I should have encouraged John Lennig to buy them out...lol....

So know I need to get on task and get somethings completed to pay for it.....NO MORE WOODEN INDIANS I'm starting to have nightmares about them after John mentioned something to the effect of them coming to life and hunting me down...lol

--------------------
Dan Streicher
Slidell, LA

Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yyyyyup! Sure enjoy walking up and down the sign supply store, and loading up with goodies!

BUT!

Hate it when the bill comes at the end of the month!

[Smile] [Wink] [Razz] [Eek!] [Dunno] [FYI]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Streicher
Visitor
Member # 4515

Si I'm not going to lie about it, "I've Got Money that I haven't even borrowed yet!" and they keep loaning it to me...

--------------------
Dan Streicher
Slidell, LA

John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan, what's with the "gift"?? I love surprises. As a matter of fact I usually buy Everything in quarts..., White in gallons! ha ha, 1/2 pts are grreat, hell, even 1/4 pints!...a new colour chart!

Looking at my "new brush stash", i'm gonna have to paint signs into the next century to use them all up, even without using a Sonic Boom Cleaner!!

John Lennig / SignRider

--------------------
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Streicher
Visitor
Member # 4515

John you will just have to wait that is why they are called "surprises" but I will give you a hint it is not a wooden indian....but it is wood, and other than that you will have to wait a couple weeks but you have my word you will get it, thank for the address. In regards to the brushes I am finding myself in the same position,,,I bought so many brushes in the last month that in 20 yrs I'll probably still have a stock of new brushes....lol...it's an investment if things keep going the way they are we'll probably just make a wish and some super 'puter will just spit it out and we will have a full color dimensional sign...as I close my eyes cross my arms nodding my head....opened my eyes....it didn't work, but I can dream.....

--------------------
Dan Streicher
Slidell, LA

Kevin W. Betz
Resident

Member # 4133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin W. Betz   Email Kevin W. Betz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what brands are the brushes?

--------------------
Kevin Betz
KB Sign Company
21321 Ulrich
Clinton Township, MI 48036
kbsigncompany@att.net

Posts: 229 | From: Detroit, MI | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Streicher
Visitor
Member # 4515

which ones Kevin? I have them coming out of my ears...drop me a email striker@strikerandstriker.com and if you are interested in the new macks that I was talking about I will send one your way. Just let me know

--------------------
Dan Streicher
Slidell, LA

Raymond Quick
Visitor
Member # 2649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Quick   Email Raymond Quick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just started buying from them, love the service. I like the fact that they have a catalog on line so I can tell what they carry. I hate calling up our local dealer in Seattle and going through a long list of "do you carry this"? It is kind of a guessing game as to what they have.

--------------------
Raymond Quick
Ye Thicker Than Thou Sign and Repair Shoppe
Olympic College, 1600 Chester Ave Bremerton, WA 98337
rquick@oc.ctc.edu

Posts: 50 | From: Bremerton Washington | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx Striker!!
Can't wait to see what my 'sprise is!!
I am phoning for a catalogue too.

And to update:
I got EVERYTHING I wanted from Letterhead Sign Supply after a great phone session with Ron & Kristie Percell!! They seem like great people to work with and are putting out a new catologue.

And they were here all the time!!
. . . I guess with this super-slow 'puter I was not going onto a lot of stuff so I never realized what all is really here....
. . .it can take up to 15 secs for a page to change and I can drive to town and get groceries and install a sign waiting for a page of pics to down-load [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Streicher
Visitor
Member # 4515

Ahhh Sheila you guessed it I was going to send you a catalog that was your surprise.....bummer, but seriously I do have a catalog for you that is coming with your surprise and care package, but if you need that catalog sooner than a week or two which it will take me to finish your "real" surprise call them and talk with John he is the owner and I already told him about you and your frustration of finding supplies he could not believe it, seriously he thought I was making up all of your struggles...keep pressuring him he will be a good merchant here he has a honest interest in his customers and our craft, notice I said he will be a good merchant not would be (I'll bug him until he gets sick of me bugging him to join and he will succumb to the pressures of our fight for fair distribution of supplies in this modern sign world)...good grief I really have lost my mind...or what was left of it...oh well they tell me ignorance is bliss, I'll consider it a replacement for prozac.

--------------------
Dan Streicher
Slidell, LA

Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol Chapel told me about that supply house in Portland. They still have tempera colors for sho cards and things that are not the big money items on the shelves.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Ya, they have RichArt paints. I got a can of Wall Dog brush oil, even tho I'm almost a Sonic Boom Convert!. As Dan said, ALL the oneshot additives, Bon Ami cakes, I got a cool Dover Books, 100 Circus Fonts. That titanium? mahlstick was too much, it would levitate! I first went there in '81, it's still the same, basically, with concessions to the computer age, altho,I think that's just a phase...
Hey, You can't BUY this kind of promotion, eh!

John Lennig / SignRider

--------------------
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Dan Streicher
Visitor
Member # 4515

John did you by chance take a picture of the flamed coffin that is there? We have to get a photo of that on here, it is too much

--------------------
Dan Streicher
Slidell, LA

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!