Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Awesome Overhaulin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Awesome Overhaulin
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got finished watching the show. I thought they did Mike some justice on this one. He even got to talk a little. I was beginning to wonder if Chip was going to take over though. The job looked AWESOME. The valve covers and breather covers looked sweet also. Great Job Mike. I hope to meet you in person at a meet sometime.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished watching it too. I heard the name LaVallee and told my husband "he's a letterhead."

[ May 11, 2004, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Laura Butler ]

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep...Just finished watchin too!!! First time I've seen the show and it was great to see Mike "doin' his thing"!!! [Applause] [Applause]

Better exposure than on "Monster Garage"

COngrats Mike. [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was Great I loved the Car.. The Air cleaner Rocked. The only Problem with the show is the should have done that work for a normal person who couldn't afford to do all that.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 14 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome is right!

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to see they didn't forget about Mike on this one. I think it's odd how people notice the exterior of a car more than anything else, yet the shows spend more time on the argument over shocks.

BTW, what was that short comment?

Hugs & Kisses,
The vertically challenged Kissy

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great point William. I was thinking the same thing

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, watched it! Too cool.

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Mike. It's great to see exceptional talent getting some recognition. And I can understand that "short" comment - I'm afflicted with the same malady.

I think the producers add the controversy (shocks)just to spark up the show.

I also watched "Rides", which I had never seen before and they all got along with each other. Everyone seemed to be having a good time and there were no "bleeps". My problem was seeing a classic Chevy all chopped up.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job Mike! I loved the reaction out of all the guys working on the car when they saw the flames. Did you guys see the boss pretend he was roasting a marshmallow on the flames? Soon everyone will be fighting over you Mike!!

I saw the Rides show too. Can someone tell me what had happened to that guys voice. He started to tell the story and we lost our satellite signal. Then I was curious for the rest of the show. I was thinking the same as you Raymond. You wonder why they even start with the body, they might as well just build it from the ground up. And then to paint it that boring flat black???

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WAHHHHHHHHHH!! I missed it!

Anyone know if it's going to be rebrodcast soon?

Rappid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg McRoberts
Resident

Member # 3501

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Greg McRoberts   Email Greg McRoberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was too cool. You da' man Mike!

--------------------
Greg McRoberts
MacSign
Dayton, Ohio

Posts: 388 | From: Dayton, Ohio USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Languein
Visitor
Member # 319

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Mike Languein         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flat paint hides a multitude of sins.
Posts: 1859 | From: / | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray They usally replay the show on Sat or Sundays. I saw the first 3 last saturday.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad Mike finally got some well-deserved air time.
But I'm with Suelynn...What is UP with that one dude's voice? It's like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Love...Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Talesky
Visitor
Member # 4460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Talesky   Email Robert Talesky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Id like to see mike do a "how to" book with plenty of color in progress photos of his flaming style!! rewinding the tape over and over just aint cutting it..:-)

--------------------
Robert Talesky
Pocono Signworks
RR#3 Box 2246-A Effort, PA 18330
newjerseyrobert@aol.com

Posts: 17 | From: Effort, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 10 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job Mike
Even "I" can turn a wrench!
You Da Man

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Rees
Visitor
Member # 211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Rees   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Rees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's official now...Mike Lavallee is a household name (at least in hot rod households), and "Lavallee Flames" are destined to become an icon of milennium hip.

In the halls of hot rod jargon there are Old School flames, Tribal flames, and now Lavallee flames. "You know, the real looking ones". How many hundred painters and wannabes do you think tried their first Lavallee flames today?

I think you came off real cool on the tube too Mike. In addition to being a flame GOD you make an entertaining persona. Can I have your autograph? (in flames of course), and can you pass along some head shots of my nephew?

--------------------
Joe Rees
Cape Craft Signs
(Cape Cod, MA)
http://www.capecraft.com
e-mail: joe@capecraft.com

SONGPAINTER Original Sign Music by Sign People NOW AVAILABLE on CD and the proceeds go to Letterville's favorite charity!
Click Here for Sound Clips!

Posts: 1974 | From: Orleans, MA, Cape Cod, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Bowers
Resident

Member # 780

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Dana Bowers   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. That was TOO cool. I wonder how I can get a certain mustard-orange-yellow lil wagon thingie that's parked in my garage on a show like that... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Are you gonna remember all us little people now?

Do we have to call you MISTER Spyke in chat now?

--------------------
Dana Ferry
St Cloud, MN

Posts: 1556 | From: St Cloud, MN | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Lavallee
Visitor
Member # 320

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Mike Lavallee   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Lavallee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey thanks for all the kudos guys!
doing those show is pretty fun I'll tell you!
thanks for all the support! I really appreciate it! Mike [Thanks]

--------------------
Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, And Dance like no one's watching. :)
Mike Lavallee
Mike Lavallee's Pinstriping & Airbrush Art
Everett, WA

Posts: 449 | From: Everett, WA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Niska
Visitor
Member # 4350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Niska   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Niska       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Thats all that I can say after seeing the show and checking out Mike's website! Excellent job and can't wait to see what you come up with next!

--------------------
Herbie Niska
H & K Painting
Dassel, MN
612-518-2565

Posts: 15 | From: Dassel, MN | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike St.George
Visitor
Member # 4224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike St.George   Email Mike St.George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Episode was shown twice 3 hours apart, and I missed both. I was working at Fire Station and everytime we got to the part with Mike we had to take off on runs... hoping to catch the rerun tonight. Got my fingers crossed.

--------------------
M. St. George
Vintage Brushworks
Bridgewater, MA
smoke952001@yahoo.com
or
smoke95@aol.com

Posts: 6 | From: SE Mass | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

I just saw the one last night at 1am that Mike did for the young search & rescue guy. He was just a normal guy. That is the type of person that needs to get something done for him.

Great job again Mike

Foose seems to be an amazing guy also

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
www.1signdesigns.com

Dale Kerr
Visitor
Member # 4661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Kerr   Email Dale Kerr       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,
Caught the show yesterday afternoon. It cut into my nap time.

It was truly art. You have to be very proud of your talent!
Cheers,
Dale

--------------------
Dale Kerr

Posts: 221 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Lavallee
Visitor
Member # 320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Lavallee   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Lavallee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks everybody. I really appreciate your kudos. Mike [Thanks]

--------------------
Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, And Dance like no one's watching. :)
Mike Lavallee
Mike Lavallee's Pinstriping & Airbrush Art
Everett, WA

Posts: 449 | From: Everett, WA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw the SEARCH & RESCUE truck one sunday nite.....mike watch out for them boom mikes!!!!
much better then monster garage....only guy their to get air is J.J.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!