Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Old gezzer has his socks knocked off at Mass Mayhem 4

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Old gezzer has his socks knocked off at Mass Mayhem 4
William Holohan
Visitor
Member # 2514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for William Holohan   Email William Holohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just walked in the door after three of the most fulfilling and enlightening days of my 65 years.
I met people whose faces, reputations and talents I only knew through the web.
The unselfish work and hospitality that Mike Z and his family and friends put forth to all was simply fantastic. (an no, I didn't ask him to teach me how to say his last name)
I have seen how forthcoming most everyone here on this site is with info and techniques to all who ask. Seeing it first hand is something else again. Seeing the masterful talents and expertise freely shared and exchanged was a truly heartwarming experience for me.
The two men I got to come from the same shop may have permanant brain damage from from hitting the ceiling so often. They were so impressed, excited and motivated by everything they saw and learned and everyone who greeted them as old friends they are floating ten feet high.
Bill Riedel was truly an amazing man to watch. Though feeling unwell, he never left the area for a minute, answered every question and demonstrated his techniques to all who asked or cared to watch. A true legend and treasure.
We watched Jill Beans and Stevo produce some beautiful work. Brian the Brush was in fine fettle also. As was everone else. There were at least 100 attendees. I will of course, never remember all the names.
Bob Beverly gave a great three day, hands on seminar/class in glue chipping/gilding/painting sand blasted glass.
There was so much to see and learn that three days left me with a brain that feels like an overstuffed steamer trunk.
Not being an old time sign man, and never having held a brush for purposes other than shining my bald spot, my observations have a slightly different slant than most here on the board.
The letterhead movement can be very proud of itself. You are truly an unique amalgamation of freely giving, freely sharing professionals. Unselfish with your knowledge, quick with your hand shakes, and sincere with your advice.
I am sincerely happy to be allowed to be associated with you, if only on the fringes of your craft.

--------------------
William "Irish" Holohan
Resting...Read "Between Jobs."
Marlboro, MA 01752
email: firemap1@aol.com

Posts: 1110 | From: Marlboro, MA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
captain ken
Visitor
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for captain ken   Author's Homepage   Email captain ken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOUNG STRIPE SNAPPER PARTIED AND PAINTED HIS SOCKS OFF AT MM4!

thats what its all about! Bill I dont think anyone is gonna say it better that you just did.
I get withdrawals from these things. When I walked into the shop on friday and saw AJ, Howie, Bruskie, spider, Jules, Karen, Caroline all the Bruces, and Bob's it was like a family reunion, then I got to meet all kinds of great new friends! got to jam with Gary Cole and Ken Jacobs, Artie, RayRay, and Howie. some guys who are first timers, like Weed and Jesse, with some real talent and frsh ideas. as well as young Jonathan who is 16 and all jazzed up and ready to learn, I love it!
Thanks to the peole who taught me some much and to for the wonderful panels from Caroline, Joe Chisel, Rapid Ray-Ray,the peaches and Jayzee, and my barrel rocks! with all kinds of great pieces on it, even a Jillybeans self portrait.... yowzaah!

--------------------
Ken McTague,
Concept Signs
57 Bridge St. (route 107)
Salem MA 01970
1-978-745-5800
conceptsign@yahoo.com
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/CaptainKen

---------------------------------

"A wise man once said that, or was it a wise guy?"

Posts: 2425 | From: Salem, MA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Johnson
Visitor
Member # 2513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We made it back ok, Bill Reidel tried to talk but i showed him how the seat reclined and did'nt hear from him til' jersey. He's feeling better and will call when he can speak. I have a very very cooooooooooooool clock, thanks Capt. Ken& the ZZZZZZ's for a great time. AJ [Eek!]

--------------------
Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson Grafix
Blairstown, NJ
[URL=http://www.alanjohnsongrafix.com]

Posts: 261 | From: Blairstown, NJ | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to The "Z" Men and Debbie!!!!!

Hosts Of Perfection!!!!!!

This one was "Over The TOP!" Best New England meet EVER!!!!!!!

Best hosts! Best folks! Can't get better than that!!!!

Thanks [Thanks] EVERYBODY!!!!! I had a GREAT TIME!!!

Joe,
Makin Chips and Havin Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Peach
Resident

Member # 2620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Peach   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Peach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a fantastic time. This meet just keeps getting better.
Old friends...New friends...
We learned sooooo much.
Thanks Z's for making it happen, and especially Deb for taking such good care of us and everyone else.
The workshops and tips were priceless.
Alan, we were glad to see that you and Bill Riedel got home safely. We hope Bill finds his voice soon. It was so nice "whispering" with him.
Hope everone else got home safely, too.
Happy Birthday to Frank and Bruce. Sorry you missed it, Dana.

--------------------
Bob & Marcia Peach
Peach Signs Inc
Sandwich, MA
rpeach9828@aol.com

Posts: 1020 | From: Sandwich, MA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jill and I just got back to Butler and had a good short 10 and a half hour drive.

We would both like to thank the Z's and crew for a really awesome time! Met new friends, had some beers, jammed, and had some chowda. It was well worth travelling close to 3000 miles to be there.

Thanx again guys I'll be back there for sure!!

Stevo

PS. In case anyone was wondering I'm not related to Spider. hehehhee

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man-O-Man, what a nice meet.
The food was fantastic, the weather was gorgeous, and the assembly of assorted Heads was a great mix.
I only did 5 panels this time (writer's block?) but I had the pleasure of getting to paint situated between 2 of my favorite folks.
I met some new favorites too! Like "Irish"! What a fun guy. And "Spud" too!
I got to get my picture taken in a "greaser sandwich" between Spider and Stevo. I got to hear the combined voices of Rabid and Broooce Bowers, who sound like brothers. I got to smell how delicious Carol Mittelsdorf's blend of scents is. She smells great! And boy can she paint.
Got to see that little sweetie Caroline Connors, got to yakk with the Peaches (thanks for the panel!)
I got to hang out with my pal Alan Ackerson who is turning into a smokin' sign dude. Karyn $#&*ing Bush is fun, Harris is charming as usual, and Geet and his lady friend are the niftiest folks going.
Bill Riedel, even silent, is the most fascinating man. He liked my "normal" hair. I got to see AJ and Artie and Frank and Joe Chips and Karen and my gal-pal Jill/Betty Butterfield, Mike & Jay Z, and I had the pleasure of meeting Mrs. Z too.
Mr. J. even asked for one of my infamous Boobie stickers! Glad I had a few left over from Dixie.
(glad you liked my signature, Captain Ken!)
The accents were so cool! I felt like I was hanging out with The Kennedys, only cooler.
I missed folks who couldn't be there, like Steve and Barb and Sal. But it was such fun.
Broooce, I think I will keep the panel here & let Stevo come & visit it...ok?
Hear it's gonna be called "Mass Confusion" next year? Sounds like the place to be.
Love...Jill [Thanks]
(just sad I won't get to stay at "The Town & Funky" AKA The Bates Motel next time!)

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a "Letterhead" Meet to me [Smile]

Ain't they something else?

Damn, don't talk about "withdrawals". I gotta go cold turkey down here. We's only get one a year!
But it's a good one [Smile]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had a wonderful time!!! thanks mr & mrs z & sons for being such great hosts! the talent was exhilerating! it's so nice to see my old buddies and to meet new friends....geet and ellen...had a blast hanging with ya and thanks 4 showin me the goldleaf striping technique! kudos to robert & karen for the 3 days of glue chipping...very inspiring. i drove home saturday night around 9pm...saw 3 moose withiin a 5 mile stretch on the kanc., just so i could get up and start a glue chip panel. it is pinging as we speak...i think its a real beauty so far! i love the trick about sandblasting some of the things deep to get a real dimensional look.
as usual the experience is priceless! i'm looking forward to maritime already!!!!!!!!!
and thanks to the sponsors and pin striping pros for the door prizes...you rock!! [Applause]

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a "Newbie" and first-timer to meets, I was absolutely overwhelmed! Everyone was friends I just hadn't met yet- I found I didn't even have the vocabulary to ask questions on some of the things I was seeing- had to keep picking my jaw up (kept dropping in amazement!)"How do you do, and how DID you do that...?" were the most constant phrases!
In a word, the weekend was delightful (already have a panel preped...) [Thanks]

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great weekend!

Hats off to the hosts! Mike, Jay and Deb Z. and crew did a fantastic job will all the arrangements, right down to the last detail. When people have to step out of the building to avoid "sensory overload", you know it's a winner.

The panel jam with Artie, Howie, "Unique", Bruce C., Brian "The Brush", and Jayman was a first for me. I'd never seen anything like it before and all six of these talented pinstripers blew me away.
The panels were raffled and I lucked out and got one. The money that was raised raised is being sent to the American Sign Museum for Rick Glawson Fund. How cool is that?
Hats off, guys! [Applause]

Bill Riedel, barely able to use his voice, was a real joy to be with once again. He took a drawing I did and blew me away by making a panel out of it.
Alan Johnson, thank you once again for the inspiration and all the fun this weekend. I really enjoyed working on several of the projects with you. Special thanks from both myself and "Gump" for the eagle.
"Brutha Bruce", thanks for the chrome tips. You da man!

Aw, man there's just too much ground to cover from all the new friends made, great jokes and cool panel jamming I got to do. I can't possibly cover it all.

I'm still getting sensory overload!

I LOVE IT!
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Faulkner
Visitor
Member # 2511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Faulkner   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Faulkner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yesahh....b'gawd it was a wicked bitchin messa' folks.
Mike, Deb and J Zeee gang-at-large.... thanks so much!!!

I'm still suspicious of Karyn and Rabbid makin off with so much LOOT! [Razz]

Like everyone else, we made some great new friends
dispite my offensive, crude and off color remarks.
That Bowers guy is a little over the top though, who invited him anyway? It was sure great to see some old friends too I hope it's not another 20 years till I see you all again!

Thanks again to the Z's for making it happen.... that Dagger Rat guy never coulda pulled it off! [Cool]

--------------------
"No excuses!.... No regrets!..."

GEET
www.goldrushsigns.com
known associate... pinstripermafia.com

Posts: 724 | From: Florissant, CO | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianTheBrush
Visitor
Member # 1298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrianTheBrush         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paulette and I had a great time at Mass Mayhem. Mike, Deb and Jay (and even Ashley) are top-notch hosts.

I always enjoy spending time with old friends, and meeting new ones. Paulette was just astounded by the fact that Rapid Ray looks NOTHING like his Letterville picture until he takes his hat off and rests his head on his hand!

It was an important trip for me on the SignGold front as well, as we got to spend time with New England Sign Supply, Nepco and some of our end-users. (Don't know why BOB'S picture is on the Peach Signs posts..I think Marcia is the brains of that operation!) All the feedback, both posative and negative, gets relayed to the main office, and is evaluated, dissected, consumed and used! I'm lucky that I'm working with a company that values "customer feedback" and works with it. So Bob Rochon, The Peaches, Mike Z, Karen Souza, Mark at Paint DeZign, Alan Ackerson and everyone who discussed SignGold at length with me, thanks for taking time out of your weekend. I'm processing my scribbles into a viable memo to send off to Middletown.

Brian Papa...my wife thanks you for the cultural enlightenment on ovens. You freak of nature.

And thanks to everyone, especially C-Line, Spider and the Z family for making my wife feel welcome.

Keep on keepin on

Brian Briskie

Posts: 465 | From: / | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you guys & gals had a blast!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Peach
Resident

Member # 2620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Peach   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Peach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez Brian,
I thoughtalready knew that Marcia was the brains of this outfit.

--------------------
Bob & Marcia Peach
Peach Signs Inc
Sandwich, MA
rpeach9828@aol.com

Posts: 1020 | From: Sandwich, MA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Brian, we all knew that, but what I want to know is who posed for the peach on the side of the van bob? lol [Razz]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure that's a peach? [Wink]

Had a great time with the crew, as always. Hate being so far away, I'd love to be able to see Karyn, The Peaches, Boob, Cam more often.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As always it was a great time to be had there with the Zzzz's

I even got to meet some really kewl people that i ha dnever met before. I have to thank Gary Cole for his little instructional stint on the proper use of an outliner.

Of course the most exciting part of Mass Mayhem for me was what I came home to.

I was hoping to come home and turn my computer on and let everyone know I made it home in one piece and just shoot the "Cow" with all my lettervi;lle freinds. Well that wasnt to be had....

Instead I came home to turn on my computer and hea noises watcht the cd drive open on its own and then see nothing but flashes of light and heavy smoke come out of my machine, so now im working with a 6 year old computer thats slower than a turtle. but something is better than nothing.

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Beverly
Resident

Member # 1907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Beverly   Email Robert Beverly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heads

Karen and I want to thank everyone for making our weekend very special!

It is definately an experience that we will not forget and hope to do again!

as for names...way too many to list but be assured that your touch was felt and we look forward to doing it again!

and a special thanks to the Z's for the work in preparing for this event...definately a success

--------------------
Robert Beverly
Arlington, Texas

Posts: 1023 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Ackerson
Visitor
Member # 3224

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Alan Ackerson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Ackerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a blast!

Thanks Mike, J, Mrs. Z, a big thank you Nanzy Robinson [Smile] and everyone who helped make the weekend a success. Great job! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Mrs Z, from the bottom of my heart you're the best! Love your chowda. [Smile]

All of the Dunkin Donuts coffee has me wired, still. lol [Smile] that machine is too cool.

It was great getting together with the familiar faces and meeting the new ones. Lots-and-lots of new ones! When their jaws weren't hanging open they were smiling. Don't worry, that feeling doesn't go away.

As always it was fun hanging with Dr. Cas, The Timmermans, all of the Joisey/NY guys & girls, Mr. Chips, Karen B, Jill-O & Stevebeans, (did I say that right?) I love the cool Oilers T-shirt! Seems like I've known you for more than 3 days.

Geet, Ellen, Bob, Marcia it was great to finally meet you all. Now, if I can only find that Ron Costa guy.

Thanks Rapid "I can paint a damn good cartoon" Ray for hooking me up over and over with the tape and that cool flip flop paint. Your Jim is a great kid too.

Thanks Brian for the Sign Gold knowledge and the history and of the Fire Dept. and it's emblems.

The "workshops" were very cool.

Bruce D, I love your approach to design and would love to talk more.

Mr. Z gave us a great demo on pricing and business practice that will take each of us a bit of extra work to define on our own but will be well worth the effort when done. Priceless. That may have been the most important hour of the weekend.

Thanks for the help with the sand blasting & glue chipping Robert Beverley, Karen?, Nanzy, Bob Rochon, Kissy and Jill. It woulnd't have happened without all of your help. I can see it now...Glass chippers anonymous, Hi I'm Alan, I like to chip twice a week. It's crazy how intense it becomes.

Hope to see everyone again real soon. [Smile]

--------------------
Alan Ackerson
LetterWorks Design and Graphics
alan@ack2.com

Posts: 776 | From: Oak Ridge, NJ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Deveau   Email Bruce Deveau       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is "Ditto"

Thanks to the Z's for hosting a fantastic meet.

Bruce

--------------------
Bruce Deveau
331 Main St.
Amesbury, Ma USA 01913

Posts: 139 | From: Amesbury, MA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alan, you don't need glue chippers anonymous until the glue starts to smell good to you and is as welcome a smell as that first whiff of one-shot in the morning.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Ackerson
Visitor
Member # 3224

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Alan Ackerson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Ackerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha Kissy, yeah, I've got the fever. Thanks again.

--------------------
Alan Ackerson
alan@ack2.com

Posts: 776 | From: Oak Ridge, NJ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was so physched about one of the things i learned this weekend(glue chipping) that i tried doing a panel when i got home...so far this is what it looks like. can't wait to paint and goldleaf...gotta be next week though...too busy now!  -

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karyn!!! That looks AWESOME!!

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Rheaume
Visitor
Member # 4681

Icon 14 posted      Profile for James Rheaume   Email James Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thankyou EVERYONE that went to Mass Mahem 4. It was my first meet. Now, I know why my dad is ALWAYS so hyped up after meets. I got to know lots of people there:

-Alan Ackerson, you are one of the nicest men that I have ever met, thankyou so much.

-Brian "The Brush" (correct?), You are a cool man, I loved the panels that you did. Thanks for the flames on my board. Tell Paulette I said "hi."

-Bill Ridel, I didn't talk to you much, but, you are a very nice man. I thought about what my dad did for you. When he gave that sketch of Cap'n America to you, and you painted it onto a panel. I heard someone whispering "It's a good thing Ray did that for Bill, he'll actually have some time alone." Or something like that. I'm so happy for you.

Geet, you're a cool man, and your wife is kind as well. I'm glad we could meet.

Alan Johnson, I love the eagle on my board. You did that Soooooooooooooo well. (<'v'>)

I should have typed this first, but, I also thank the Z's for everything that they did. It was a great meet, and, well, I just CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT ONE. If I can go that is.

--------------------
Gump
N/A
543 Brushwood Road
787-6803
littlerapid@hotmail.com

Posts: 27 | From: North Haverhill | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Rheaume
Visitor
Member # 4681

Icon 14 posted      Profile for James Rheaume   Email James Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thankyou EVERYONE that went to Mass Mahem 4. It was my first meet. Now, I know why my dad is ALWAYS so hyped up after meets. I got to know lots of people there:

-Alan Ackerson, you are one of the nicest men that I have ever met, thankyou so much.

-Brian "The Brush" (correct?), You are a cool man, I loved the panels that you did. Thanks for the flames on my board. Tell Paulette I said "hi."

-Bill Ridel, I didn't talk to you much, but, you are a very nice man. I thought about what my dad did for you. When he gave that sketch of Cap'n America to you, and you painted it onto a panel. I heard someone whispering "It's a good thing Ray did that for Bill, he'll actually have some time alone." Or something like that. I'm so happy for you.

Alan Johnson, I love the eagle on my board. You did that Soooooooooooooo well. (<'v'>)

I should have typed this first, but, I also thank the Z's for everything that they did. It was a great meet, and, well, I just CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT ONE. If I can go that is.

--------------------
Gump
N/A
543 Brushwood Road
787-6803
littlerapid@hotmail.com

Posts: 27 | From: North Haverhill | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gump,
You are a good kid.
Sometimes at meets my kids get bored and whiney!
But you were so well-behaved, polite, and seemed to really love it at the Z's.
Perhaps you might have a career slingin' paint with the old man!
Welcome to the newest Newbie! [Applause]
love...Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Rheaume
Visitor
Member # 4681

--------------------
Gump
N/A
543 Brushwood Road
787-6803
littlerapid@hotmail.com

Alan Ackerson
Visitor
Member # 3224

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Alan Ackerson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Ackerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gump,

You're very welcome. Glad I could have been a help to you. It was a pleasure. Keep up the great work!

I had just as much fun as you did. It helps being a little kid in a big body. And I'm definitely looking forward to hanging with you again soon.

*The icon is blushing not mad.*

--------------------
Alan Ackerson
alan@ack2.com

Karen A. Dahlman
Visitor
Member # 4682

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Karen A. Dahlman         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All Letterheads from Mass. Mayhem!!

What a fabulous treat this past weekend was. I was a Newbie to a Letterhead meet, and was very happy that I was able to attend with Robert.

I want to thank everyone for their warm welcome, and a special Thank You to the Deb & Mike Z. I had so much fun and definitely left the meet feeling inspired and stimuli overloaded (in a very good way!)

What a great group of people your Letterhead group draws. I enjoyed observing, asking questions, being taught techniques (thank you Joe, Frank, and Robert), and spending time with different folks discussing their art processes and portfolios. [Thanks]

I definitely look forward to attending more of these meets...

PS: Great Weather out there!!

--------------------
KD

Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Johnson
Visitor
Member # 2513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey gump, you are a very cool guy, sorry it took so long to get that board painted, there's always so much happening. Hey Harris I have a sure cure for that computer, bring it up to the 3rd. floor of the barn and I'll show you how it sound as it hits the ground. [Razz]

--------------------
Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson Grafix
Blairstown, NJ
[URL=http://www.alanjohnsongrafix.com]

Posts: 261 | From: Blairstown, NJ | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

What Alan, you need a new floor mat? [Razz]

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about the triple posts, gang. He's young... [Dunno]

Now that I've had a couple of days (and as many race cars in the shop), I just wanted to make sure to thank Bob Noreau at New England Sign Supply, Matthews Paint, SignGold, Art Schilling, Frank Manning and the gang at Spraylat, and all the other sponsors for all the support, door prizes and materials.
Karyn and I made out like bandits and it is certainly appreciated.

And for anyone who is interested, that "Chameleon" paint I had with me that wound up on a few panels is called Mirage" It's made by Duplicolor and can be found in auto parts store or online here
There are several color changing combinations available.

Rapid

[ May 04, 2004, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Ray Rheaume ]

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Manning Jr.
Visitor
Member # 2699

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Frank Manning Jr.   Email Frank Manning Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kissy,...Alan can walk from the barn to the house (50+ yards) on O'le computterrr paaarrrtttss and never touch the ground!!! [Cool]

--------------------
Frank Manning
Manning Enterprises Unlimited
24832 John J. Williams Hwy., Unit 1, PMB 10
Millsboro, DE., 19966

Posts: 32 | From: Longneck, DE | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Manning Jr.
Visitor
Member # 2699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Manning Jr.   Email Frank Manning Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All kidding aside....ABSOLUTELY a big special thanks to the Z's for hosting a Super event...and Big Mike....whose your connection on weather...The weather was great. Thanks to all you pin and letterheads for helping me celebrate my 60th. It was like celebrating with family in a very special, unforgettable way. It rates up there at the top. Thanks also to all of you for making my "JOB" really enjoyable. It's nice to rep for a product that can be abused so much and keep on working.

--------------------
Frank Manning
Manning Enterprises Unlimited
24832 John J. Williams Hwy., Unit 1, PMB 10
Millsboro, DE., 19966

Posts: 32 | From: Longneck, DE | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Beverly
Resident

Member # 1907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Beverly   Email Robert Beverly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -  -  -  -

[ May 04, 2004, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Robert Beverly ]

--------------------
Robert Beverly
Arlington, Texas

Posts: 1023 | From: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
captain ken
Visitor
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for captain ken   Author's Homepage   Email captain ken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Frank, I want to thank you and the spratlat company for making such a great product, it really does work under pressure and, I do abuse it, aint it funny how I was talking to you about making candies with the clear and the pearls, and some how, I won a quart of clear?? Happy Birthday DR. Du-shot!

AJ, your more than welcome for the clock, its a true one of a kind right now, I hope it keeps time.I am glad you won it, You put in so much to any meet your at, and always have a fine brand of humor too. How much you think I should charge Howie for a clock?

who is going to Brucie's?

--------------------
Ken McTague,
Concept Signs
57 Bridge St. (route 107)
Salem MA 01970
1-978-745-5800
conceptsign@yahoo.com
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/CaptainKen

---------------------------------

"A wise man once said that, or was it a wise guy?"

Posts: 2425 | From: Salem, MA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Rheaume
Visitor
Member # 4681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Rheaume   Email James Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Okay Alan, I'm glad that you took your time to get to my board. It was well worth the wait. I showed it to some of my friends already, and they thought it was REALLY good. Thanks again.

--------------------
Gump
N/A
543 Brushwood Road
787-6803
littlerapid@hotmail.com

James Rheaume
Visitor
Member # 4681

Icon 15 posted      Profile for James Rheaume   Email James Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also forgot to say one more thing. I've been pinstriping a LOT more. In each of my notebooks, I have at least 5 designs in each, because I did them while I was lectured by my teachers. Ha ha. I've done a lot more at my house as well. There are some really cool ones, and I'm going to practice painting them during the summer. Practice makes perfect, I mean, really good, not perfect. Can't wait until another meet. Hopefully it's very soon. 8) I can't wait to learn more, i'm getting very intrested in the painting business now.

--------------------
Gump
N/A
543 Brushwood Road
787-6803
littlerapid@hotmail.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!