Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » weird computer problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: weird computer problem
Gary Patrick
Visitor
Member # 1424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Patrick   Email Gary Patrick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My old computer started crashing pretty regularly so Im replacing it.
Old one had dual HDs and I always ran Corel and SL off the old HD that ran Win 98.
New computer has WIN 2000 pro and is plenty fast and powerful enough but Im having a weird problem with plotter when running thru new PC.
I can plot something and it works fine but flip image over to do a right and left side and it does crazy things with the image.
But the image still shows up on the screen as being properly reversed.
I even tried to plot image first the use "mirror" option in the plotter setup.
It did the same crazy things that appear when flipping image via software.
Is this a bug for using WIN 200pro on older versions of software?
Im using a Roland CM-24 with drivers for a PNC-950/960.

--------------------
Gary Patrick
AmericanAutoGraphics
Oviedo,FL

Posts: 77 | From: oviedo,fl usa | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary...Just curious....why would you use a driver for a PNC 950/960 to run a CM24?

Also...is this a CadLink driver or a Windows printer driver you downloaded from Roland to cut from Corel?

Surely, if you are refering to a CadLink driver they would have something a wee bit more up to date than old PNC drivers available for a cutter that was on the market 5 or 6 years ago and that has been already replaced by a newer model.

If it is a Roland driver you are refering to I can guide you to the correct place to get the newest driver that works perfectly for the CM24.

[ April 18, 2004, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Dave Grundy ]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8885 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hubert Furey
Visitor
Member # 3951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hubert Furey   Email Hubert Furey       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gary,

If you are using Signlab, ensure that you are using the latest revision for your particular version. Go to Help > About Signlab and check the second line for version and revision numbers. If you have either version 5.0 revision 6.3 or revision 12, you are using one of the latest revisions.

If not, I recommend that you get the latest revision. Our Sales Dept can assist you with this.

Also, please be advised that there are known issues when using version 5.0 on newer Operating Systems like 2000 and XP. Please check our knowledge base for the published Tech Note # 891 for details. This Tech Note is titled "Compatibility Notes for Signlab version 5 on Windows 2000 and XP"

[ April 19, 2004, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Hubert Furey ]

--------------------
Hubert Furey
Technical Support
Cadlink Technology Corp.
Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 26 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary Patrick
Visitor
Member # 1424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Patrick   Email Gary Patrick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Dave it is the SL drivers for Roland.
Its always worked fine on old PC with WIN98.
I guess that
Hubert hit the nail on head telling me that SL 5.0 has problems with WIN 2000.
I guess I discovered another glitch.
thanks guys

--------------------
Gary Patrick
AmericanAutoGraphics
Oviedo,FL

Posts: 77 | From: oviedo,fl usa | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary Patrick
Visitor
Member # 1424

Hubert can you provide a link to that tech bulletin?
I cant find it anywhere
Thanks

--------------------
Gary Patrick
AmericanAutoGraphics
Oviedo,FL

Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,
I have been using SignLab Color Master 5.0 with Windows 2000 Pro for 4 years. I find that revision 12 works best with SignLab although I still have some gliches with it.
Good Luck!
Judy

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hubert Furey
Visitor
Member # 3951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hubert Furey   Email Hubert Furey       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary, I emailed the tech note.

It is also available from the cadlink website under the Knowledge Finder section.

As Judy mentioned, revision 12 should be the most compatible with Win 2000, although there are still known issues. The problem you have described is not a known issue for revision 12. Installing rev 12 should correct the problem.

[ April 20, 2004, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Hubert Furey ]

--------------------
Hubert Furey
Technical Support
Cadlink Technology Corp.
Ottawa, Canada

Posts: 26 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Droog
Visitor
Member # 3958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Droog   Email Frank Droog       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the 950 itself, make sure the Rotate key is lit or pressed or ON somehow.
All Rolands must have Rotate ON to match the XY coordinate system of Signlab and just about any other program.

With Rotate ON, Signlab will cut along the Length of the material.
With Rotate OFF, Signlab will cut along the width of the material.
Also,make sure you remove Axis Swap and or Mirror from the driver in Signlab.

Frank at Cadlink.

--------------------
Frank Droog
SignLab
programmer

Posts: 91 | From: ottawa,ont,Canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!