Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Bad news

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bad news
Catalin Dretcanu
Visitor
Member # 4136

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Catalin Dretcanu   Email Catalin Dretcanu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for your support and help!
Today I was at US embassy here in Romania to take my visa for dixie meet.
Visa denied. Motivations from US Consular Officer:
1: My invitation for dixie hadn't heading color with Donald company logo.
2: She ask me about my business card of my company. I really don't had one at that time with me.
She gave me all papers and told: "Sorry Mister Dretcanu, but I can't let you go to USA" and told motivations above.
She also told me that I want to reapply for visa I will must to pay again 100USD for interview, by the way, all my interview time with this consular officer was about 5 minute.
I don't know what can I say about US embassy stuff. I guess they want our money for nothing(5 minutes, sorry). I stayed on embassy to call me someone for interview for about 5 hours with no water and in my feets without a chair to stay down.
I'm really sad and angry for not going to dixie and not meet nice people like you.
I'll try to obtain a business visa for ISA Orlando show. Can anyone of you offer me accomodation ? I will pay for that. I can't afford 100 USD/night at hotel.

Thanks again for your help and support,
Catalin Dretcanu

--------------------
Catalin Dretcanu
TIPART GROUP Ltd
www.tipart.ro
Address: Bucharest, ROMANIA
Phone: +40 722 621 512
E-mail: catad@yahoo.com

"Do or do not...there is no try"

Posts: 83 | From: Bucharest, ROMANIA (Europe) | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Costa
Resident

Member # 3366

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Ron Costa   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Costa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really sorry to hear the news. I was looking forward to meeting you.
nuroc

--------------------
Ron Costa Sign and Design
28 Ingerson Road
Jefferson, NH 0358

Posts: 620 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am really disappointed that you had to go through this ordeal.
I was also looking forward to meeting you.
Maybe another time, Cat-man.
Love...JILL [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Catalin,
Is there an email address, a web site we can visit or a person that we can contact and voice our disappointment about you not being able to attend?
A snail-mail address is too late but maybe we as a community can somehow help.

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nevman
Resident

Member # 332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nevman   Email Nevman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catalin...Sorry to hear about your bad luck...

You are welcome to stay with me for the Orlando show (I don't know when that is). I'm about an hour away from the convention center, but you can use my Jeep to go over there if you would like. I'll probably go over one of the days with you.

Email me if you are interested...

--------------------
Pat Neve, Jr.
321-537-8675
Capt. Sign

http://www.twitter.com/Pat_Signman

http://www.facebook.com/PatNeve

Posts: 2284 | From: Melbourne, FL, USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Allan
Visitor
Member # 52

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Allan   Author's Homepage   Email CJ Allan       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Idea Brian............

I'll be happy to kick in something, if it's still possible to get ya over here..........

Leave it to all of our wonderful Govt. beurocrats to screw up a good party.. [Frown]

....cj

--------------------
CJ Allan
CJs Engraving
982 English Dr.
Hazel, KY 42049

www.cjs-engraving.com

Posts: 1284 | From: Hazel, KY. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catalin Dretcanu
Visitor
Member # 4136

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Catalin Dretcanu   Email Catalin Dretcanu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your post.
Here are informations about this F%$#@& Embassy:

U.S.Consulate
N. Filipescu, 26
(40-21) 210-4042
Fax: (40-21) 211-3360
E-mail:
-Visas:
visasbucharest@state.gov
-American Citizens (general inqueries):
acsbucharest@state.gov

Maybe will work and worth!
I think maybe Ryan or Donald talk with him it's possible to change something. MAYBE!

--------------------
Catalin Dretcanu
TIPART GROUP Ltd
www.tipart.ro

Posts: 83 | From: Bucharest, ROMANIA (Europe) | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if many folks know this,
but Donald was on a mission trip a few weeks back and visited Catalin in Romania.

It speaks volumes to me about Donald's character.

I wonder if there is a higher-up out there somewhere in Letterville or beyond who could help?
It would be so great.
Love...Jill

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because of the time difference, I will e-mail them first thing in the morning.
Sorry to hear about this. I thought you had already been approved.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Baird
Resident

Member # 3495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Baird   Email Terry Baird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Catalin,
I'm Terry Baird's wife, Chris. I am a secretary for an immigration lawyer at a law firm in Rochester, NY. I can't give you any legal advice, but can check into some government websites to see what's going on with visas from Romania. Immigration is very serious about business visitors visas. Invitations do have to be on company letterhead and proof of your business identity is required. I'll let you know what I find out.
Chris Baird

--------------------
Terry Baird
Baird Signs
3484 West Lake Rd.
Canandaigua, NY 14424

Posts: 790 | From: Canandaigua, New York | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never, ever assume that anything is "all set" with visas for US immigration, especially since 9/11. In the best of times they will screw up a two-car funeral; with the current paranoia, their first reaction is to refuse a visa automatically, lest they catch hell for letting someone in who might do something naughty.

I too was looking forward to meeting Catalin. I've had the pleasure of meeting a number of people from Eastern Europe, both here and there, and they have a sometimes surprising POV on Americans, life and the world.

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PKing
Deceased

Member # 337

Icon 10 posted      Profile for PKing         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think I will join in the governmental"spam-scam"
for one of our fellow letterheads!

What IF it were NOT business related?

--------------------
PKing is
Pat King
The Professor of
SIGNOLOGY

Posts: 3113 | From: Pompano Beach, FL. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rene st-pierre
Visitor
Member # 4116

Icon 12 posted      Profile for rene st-pierre   Email rene st-pierre       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi mr
i know how you can feel
i have the same problem in pass
custom is heavy somme time
try again in advance can be good for another meet
c-ya
sory for you
its bad

--------------------
rene st pierre
quebec city
canada

red & white 81 forever 666

Posts: 290 | From: quebec city | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faye welsh
Visitor
Member # 2524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faye welsh   Email faye welsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
catalin, so sorry for you, maybe things will still work out. do not lose faith."with God ,all things are possible". even government red tape removal. i will also try an e-mail. deluge the consulate!! [Frown] [Smile]

--------------------
Faye Welsh (fiddles)
4848 cherry street
allison park, pa. 15101
fiddles51@yahoo.com

Posts: 259 | From: 4848 Cherry St. Allison Park,Pa. 15101 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catalin Dretcanu
Visitor
Member # 4136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catalin Dretcanu   Email Catalin Dretcanu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks you all for your support!!
That consular officer ask me 3 questions:
1 who is Donald and what i will do there
2.why donald invitation not had a heading with his company logo
3do you have a business card of your company from romania who will sponsorship you in your trip to usa?
That's was all they ask. Never ask me to show they any other evidence.

--------------------
Catalin Dretcanu
TIPART GROUP Ltd
www.tipart.ro

Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just e-mailed the embassy. Hopefully Catalin can contact them for some other news.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps you might get a visa allowing you into Mexico. Then you could walk into this country with the thousands a day that cross the border to work in California. I'm not getting down on them, I'm commenting on the discrepancy with INS.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6724 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you are going through. My brother-in-law is from Romania. He's been trying to get his parents here for the last couple years to visit and meet their little granddaughter for the first time and they keep getting denied. They have even had state representatives and other officials try to contact the idiots at that embassy.

Ticks me off. I won't make this political but what a crock of s***!

Best of luck to ya.

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catalin,
I just got back from Amsterdam today and read about your problem. I will e-mail both the addresses you posted and let them know that I was planning to pick you up in Atlanta and take you to the meet. I don't know if it will help, but at least they'll know you have local accommodations and transportation. If there's anything else I can do, please let me know.

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Heads,
I did manage to get a contact name from the Bucharest-visas visasbucharest@state.gov email address. His name is Jay T. Smith, Consul General.
Please direct any emails to his attention.
Catalin, don't give up hope yet!

Havin' fun,

Checkers

[ March 20, 2004, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Checkers ]

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catalin Dretcanu
Visitor
Member # 4136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catalin Dretcanu   Email Catalin Dretcanu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi you all!
I never imagined that I will see so many letterheads willing to help and support an alien like me. I wish to thank you all for what you do for me.

Thanks and I love you all!
Catalin Dretcanu

--------------------
Catalin Dretcanu
TIPART GROUP Ltd
www.tipart.ro

Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I never imagined that I will see so many letterheads willing to help and support
That's what this whole Letterhead thing is all about. Isn't it cool? Welcome to your new family. As you can see, it's as dysfunctional as most "regular" families but we sure have fun.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catalin,
Just wondered if our e-mails had any difference on the consulate's descision to decline your visa. I received a response from Jay T. Smith,Consul General, but it wasn't favorable.
Good Luck!
Judy

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!