Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Just moved my shop under my house!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just moved my shop under my house!
Pierre Tardif
Resident

Member # 3229

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Pierre Tardif   Author's Homepage   Email Pierre Tardif   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did the opposite as Mike Meyer!

Last monday was my first day of work in my new shop AT HOME! Since we don't have the work flow to justify staying in 3000 square feet shop and that my lease will end next summer I took the decision last fall to built an addition to my house instead of renewing my lease. The project started last dec. 5th and is now almost completed. We moved the shop last week and I started to work here on monday!!

What a feeling walking down 13 steps to go to work! No traffic anymore! No frozen engine in the winter! No paperwork forgot at the shop! Oh yeah I will have to get used to only 700 square foot of working space but I went trough 2x 36 foot banners last monday and yesterday without any space problems. My shop is located entirely in the basement. The kids also love that! Having so much brushes and paint at their hands is ten times better than kindergarden!!

Now I understand the people that say "There is no place like home!!"

Here's a few pictures of the project...

P.S.:I am still at the process of trying to sub-lease my former shop place since my lease ends only next summer. If the place is still empty maybe we could do a "French Kiss A Brush 2" ?!?
 -  -  -

Life is so good!

[ March 10, 2004, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Pierre Tardif ]

--------------------
Pierre Tardif
P. Tardif Inc.
1006 boul. PIE-XI sud Val-Belair
QC. Canada G3K 1L2
418-847-4089
pierre@ptardif.com

Posts: 800 | From: Quebec city | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rene st-pierre
Visitor
Member # 4116

Icon 14 posted      Profile for rene st-pierre   Email rene st-pierre       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi
you made a good move
still be the boss at home
good job
juste sad not can help
im sorry
c-ya my friends

--------------------
rene st pierre
quebec city
canada

red & white 81 forever 666

Posts: 290 | From: quebec city | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Stephens   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Stephens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would give anything to go back to my old house. I worked 18 years full time from the basement of my house. I had about 800 useful square feet to work from but I had a finely tuned efficient layout.

I was grossing 100k + a year working by myself and still took 12 weeks vacation time a year.

You will be surprised at how well you can make a little space work for you plus the priceless benefits of working from home and not being separated from your family.

Best wishes and enjoy your new low overhead happy house environment.

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

Posts: 2481 | From: Zephyrhills, Florida | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks really nice.

Looks like you have enough room when Ryan & I show up unexpected. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job painting the snow into the scenery.

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arklie Hooten
Visitor
Member # 1520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arklie Hooten   Email Arklie Hooten       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea! What Rene said!

--------------------
Arklie Hooten
Former SignPainter
Elizabethton, TN

Posts: 28 | From: Elizabethton, Tn | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pierre-
This will be a good move for all involved.
You will love working so close to your family.
No commute (altho I know you love to drive fast!)
Being able to walk back up those 13 steps and have lunch, being there for your girls, getting to spend more time with your baby, it will all be so good.
Not to mention no more rent! Maybe if you are as crazy as you look in your new picture, you will throw together a last-minute FKAB2. Maybe not tho!
Another perk for me...IMs from Marie-Claude! [Wink]
Enjoy.
Love...JILL

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If the place is still empty maybe we could do a "French Kiss A Brush 2" ?!?

WHADDAYA MEAN MAYBE!!????!????
The first one was so good, the second one is a must!

Nothing like getting to work early....in your SLIPPERS, huh Pierre?
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 14 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Pierre [Smile]

This post and Mike Myers brings out the differences in zoning. In this neck of the woods you can not operate a business out of a home nor can you reside in a commercial building [Frown]

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4322 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faye welsh
Visitor
Member # 2524

Icon 14 posted      Profile for faye welsh   Email faye welsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wonderful for you and your family. a daddy is a very nice thing to have at home, especially for mommies, and little girls:). may God bless you and your family with great prosperity and happiness.love, fiddles [Smile]

--------------------
Faye Welsh (fiddles)
4848 cherry street
allison park, pa. 15101
fiddles51@yahoo.com

Posts: 259 | From: 4848 Cherry St. Allison Park,Pa. 15101 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!