Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT- MIRACLE !!!!!! - OT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT- MIRACLE !!!!!! - OT
Troy Haas
Visitor
Member # 472

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Troy Haas   Email Troy Haas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got home from the theatre....Man what a movie. As a young hockey player of 16 y/o back in 1980 I remeber watching it live on tv.

This movie sure brought back a lot of memories to a beat up old hokey guy.

I do not know how accurate it really was on the behind the scene's stuff, no one really does unless they where there, but I sure enjoyed it. [Applause]

Can't wait to add this to my DVD collection.

I really wish though that Mr. Brooks would have lived to see the final cut. At the end they really made a nice tribute to him, I won't spoil it for anyone though.

Take the family and enjoy a good movie next weekend when it opens everywhere!!! [Applause]

--------------------
Troy "Metalleg" Haas
626 Kingswood Dr
Evansville,In 47715

Posts: 1100 | From: Evansville,Indiana, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goddinfla   Email goddinfla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking forward to seeing it ASAP. I was busy tonight at the game watching my Lightning smash the Thrashers 5-2. I don't think you can spoil it for anybody, I think the USA wins.

USA....USA....USA

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Posts: 1050 | From: Tampa Fl USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Bahr
Visitor
Member # 2925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Bahr   Email Tom Bahr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Troy
My 15 yr old son & I went to the premier. GREAT!
The theatre broke out into applause at the end. I was a senior when the real thing happened, so it braught back memories for me too. My son is a second yr bantam. He's ready for his game tomorrow. John Harrington is the coach of a local college team, (St. Johns). He also runs a summer hockey camp which my son attended for 3yrs. So it was really cool for him to see Harington's name on the big screen. He realizes now what an achievement it was.
By the way Troy
[QUOTE]"I really wish though that Mr. Brooks would have lived to see the final cut."
Remember, he saw the real thing.

--------------------
Tom Bahr
Custom Signs of St. Cloud, Inc.
St. Cloud, MN
320-255-0588
tbahr@astound.net

Posts: 71 | From: St. Cloud, MN | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Troy, I haven't seen the movie, but last spring I got to work on it for 2 days. It was made in Vancouver, at the Bridge Studios. I was on a TV series, and they borrowed me for a bit, I lettered Danish ??I think menus for a deli, a big rush for a weekend shoot.

John Lennig / SignRider

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still remember that vividly...I must have been a freshman in high school. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

Is it just me or does it seem like the Olympics was a much bigger deal back then? There were only about 6 channels on TV, including PBS and no one was spending half their lives sitting in front of their computers yet. The Olympics were an EVENT for the entire two weeks. Everyone watched them.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troy Haas
Visitor
Member # 472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troy Haas   Email Troy Haas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dennis,
What I ment by the "ending" was what they said about Herb Brooks not getting to see the final cut, and as Tom said, "He lived it" which is how they ended his bio.

Tom,
I have a 13 y/o son and this is his first year in hockey as well as Bantam. He has a long way to go, but each week we see improvment, and the most important thin is he LOVES IT.

John,
I am jealous, nothing more to add..... [Wink]

Kimberly,
The olympics still are an event, only there are more "events" to choose from nowadays. Also, to me, using "pro or Payed" players is not right, the olympics should be for amatuers. IMHO

--------------------
Troy "Metalleg" Haas
626 Kingswood Dr
Evansville,In 47715

Posts: 1100 | From: Evansville,Indiana, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with Troy- the Olympics should be for amateurs only.

Diane Balch

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!