Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Butler Workshop Report?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Butler Workshop Report?
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, how did the workshop go in Florida this weekend? Did anyone learn anything? Surely there are stories to tell.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You beat me to it this morning Ray! I've been distracted, actually spent the morning playing around in photoshop! Imagine that! [Smile] It's addicting.

Well, David Butler sure did turn the lights on for me in Photoshop! I'm no longer intimidated, by that program now. What a joy it is to actually know some great techniques and tools too. How I wish I could take a week off to do nothing but play with designs in there now.

The workshop was a blast! The time whizzed by, and I could have easily taken in another day or two. David did a terrific job keeping us misfits in line too. [Wink]

I had brought a laptop and my wacom, ... both tools I'm not very familiar with, so I really did test myself (and dave) this weekend.

The after sessions were a blast ... as were lunch breaks. A lotta laughs! I hated to see everybody go. Felix sure did keep the energy levels high!

The Butler's Workshop was an absolute must for me. It's the best thing I've done for my business in a long time. I'm excited about combining drawing with the computer in such an effective manner. Designing just got a whole lot more fun!

I can't thank David and Suzie enough.
Nettie

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just the response I expected. Everyone who takes David and Susie's class comes out with a new awe of his work and a new excitement to use his techniques. Glad it was usefull for you.

Now, quit dreaming and get back to work.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I didn't need to read that!!

We had family issues that were beyond our control. Hopefully I'll get to hit one of his other classes.

Glad you guys had fun and learned a bunch. Sorry I didn't get to see ya!

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Yearwood
Visitor
Member # 2723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Yearwood   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Yearwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many did you end up with in the group, Nettie?

--------------------
Mark Yearwood
Yearwood Design Works
Tecumseh, OK
www.yearwooddesignworks.com
www.markyearwood.com

Posts: 1027 | From: Tecumseh, OK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a very small group Mark. Only four of us. Me, Felix, Don Coplen and David Harding.

Dan Sawatzsky had it in his plans to come, and had actually planned his Florida trip to include the weekend we had it originally planned. Then we went and changed the dates again so that Felix could make it, and lost Dan in the process. (difficult to accomodate everyone.) [Frown]

A few others backed out at the last minute too, for various reasons. Whatta shame.

Amy, we missed you. Another female would have evened things out alittle more. hahahaaa

I could talk on and on about the weekend. So many highlights. But to be honest, I'm pretty tired from all the information overload, ... not too mention the fun. It was hard to get back to work today, and, having lost last Friday as a workday, work came with a vengence today. I'm buried over here. [Roll Eyes]

Hey Raymond ... 12 MDO boards to coat out, and oodles of bills to pay. hahahaaa ... reality bites!

[Smile]
Nettie

--------------------

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recommend the class for anybody who wants to better their skills with vectorizing and photoshop. Some of that stuff, particularly getting the most out of photoshop, can get awful confusing from a book or on your own, and David makes it all make sense! He's one helluva teacher, making sure every participant fully understands all of the material. We received over 20 solid hours of instruction in 2 1/2 days from one of the best in the business.....and you're not going to get that for the money anywhere else!

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang, Don says it better than anyone yet ... and he speaks the truth!

Very good seeing you again Don!

(next time we'll get to the hurricane ... i promise!)

Nettie

--------------------

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

www.janettebalogh.com

Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felix Marcano   Author's Homepage   Email Felix Marcano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee now I feel bad!! Sorry Dan. Wish I would have known.

I really am glad to have had the oportunity to attend this meet. I'll never look at photoshop the way I used to again. But I'm real sorry you couldn't make it bacause of me. [Frown]

Thanks Janette for your incredible hospitality, & Dave B, Dave M, Dave H, Susie & (Last but not least important) Don for all of, well everything.

I can't wait to see you guys again soon!

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

Work hard, party like a tourist!

Posts: 2274 | From: Luquillo, Puerto Rico, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Jenicek
Visitor
Member # 2281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Jenicek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janet

Glad to hear that your workshop was such a success…and only 4 attendees. That’s like receiving one-on-one instruction! I will be hosting a Butler Workshop here in St. Louis in the latter part of March and can’t wait to meet them.

I understand the CD and Class notebook that is given to each participant at the end of the session is invaluable. I know Dave and Suzie have invested quite a bit of time in the preparation of the class content.

I believe that they have been invited to England and in February, they will be in Ontario at Nancy & Noella’s shop.

Hope you catch up on your sleep and work and thanks for your update.

--------------------
Barry Jenicek
Signs by Unique
St. Louis, MO

Posts: 34 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

You get a beautifully done, and simple to follow book of instruction. CD full of goodies too. It is indeed invaluable, as it outlines all what we learned in class.

I don't know about anyone else, but before this class, I was finding myself relearning Photoshop every time I'd be brave enough to try doing anything more complex than adjusting a photo. This book is going to help me stay on track with it until it becomes second nature. (can't wait to be buzzin' around like David Butler does!) [Smile]

Barry, good luck with yours, and you are just gonna love it! I hope you have a good turnout.

Anyone whose already taken the workshop, do the words "look up here at the screen" sound familiar to you? [Smile] Yup ... I was guilty.

Nettie

--------------------

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

www.janettebalogh.com

Barb Schilling
Resident

Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb Schilling   Author's Homepage   Email Barb Schilling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dates have just been set for the Minnesota Workshop: April 30, May 1 & 2, 2004!

It will take place in historic downtown Anoka, a slick 45 minute commute from the airport, north of Minneapolis, but still within the "7 county Metro" of the twin cities.

Susie and I will work out the location and lodging detai [Big Grin] ls very soon. We can only handle about 12 students in the space I have reserved, and I already received several inquiries before the dates were set. So get your reservations in right away!

--------------------
SIGN STATION

Anoka, Minnesota
www.signstation.com
barbara@signstation.com

Posts: 338 | From: Andover, MN, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!