Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » WInter Muster Info (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: WInter Muster Info
Mark Rogan
Visitor
Member # 3678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Rogan   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Rogan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, I figure it would cost at least $100-150 to ship that baby, so you can count on that as my gas contribution. PLUS, you get to hang out in beautiful Great Barrington Mass. The very first town in America that was completly lit by electric light!

--------------------
Mark Rogan
The Great Barrington Sign Company
2 Stilwell Street, Great Barrington, MA 01230
mark@gbsignco.com

"Sometimes I think my head is so big because it is so full of fonts"

Posts: 332 | From: Great Barrington, MA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mike,

I will match that c note and raise you a double order of real chicken wings (not those dime store phoney wannabe's...) and throw in the four bit tour of our shop.

If that isn't enough enticement, I guess I will have to break out the big guns and throw in a visit to Niagara Falls.

What!?!?! You are holding out for a pizza, too? Sheesh, you drive a hard bargain. Just for that, we are going to make you wear a tourist t-shirt.

Can't wait to return the hospitality you have given us over the years. It will be a lot of fun. Maybe the Shortreeds will come down. Sheesh, I mentioned the pizza and wings... Now I know Steve will be here. Who can blame him? Jaco's food is soooooooo hard to resist.

Directions will be on their way really, really soon. So, you are going on road trip, then?

Have a great one!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,
If you go to Bruce's via Mich, you'll be 1 mile from my shop. You welcome to stop in and we can even put you two up for the night.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 16 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark and Bruce....Thank You...I'll let you know about the trip as soon as I can. Thanks for the invite Laura. Brooke, keep trying to post, I wish I knew how!

Yesterday's Mazeppa weather was 33 degrees above!
heat wave!

People still snowmobiling!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb Schilling
Resident

Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb Schilling   Author's Homepage   Email Barb Schilling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mike and Brian,
Has anyone had a chance to clean the excess gold off the front window? I'll come down and work on the outlines and backgrounds if you like. Then Mike and I could REALLY work on a project TOGETHER (not separately).

Thanks again for a TERRIFIC meet - still basking in the glow. [Thanks]

--------------------
SIGN STATION

Anoka, Minnesota
www.signstation.com
barbara@signstation.com

Posts: 338 | From: Andover, MN, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 16 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brian O'Prey has just left for Arizona...If you are a Letterhead and see my Purple and White Van down there...Give him a shout, He's got Extra Muster Mugs and T-Shirts to sell as well!

I just came back from W.D.'s, I got a Cheese Burger to go.....Man was it DEAD in there! The bartender and ME!
quite a contrast from last Friday!

I've sent some pics to Barb to attach to this post, so please be patient while they sort em out!

Nice work on all the projects by everyone! Thanks!

-

-

-

-

[ February 15, 2004, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: Steve Shortreed ]

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat Welter
Resident

Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat Welter   Email Pat Welter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mike and all whom attended the winter muster...In our excitement of the auction and fellowship we forgot to get a group picture...So had this brain wave ( from this prairie born stubble jumper)...What if we put together a pic board like they do at Colleges and Universities...you know where everyones pic is in a verticle oval with name underneath...we could do the Winter muster logo in the middle,surrounded by the staff then everyone else...If you like this Idea let me know and we'll have to figure out how we can get everyones pic so as to put it together...Have a Super Fri. the 13th everyone...Pat

--------------------
Pat Welter
Masterhand Signs and Designs
Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada

Posts: 1304 | From: Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Kynaston
Visitor
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Kynaston   Author's Homepage   Email David Kynaston       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tHInk 1'm gettin used 2 the cUpmoetr now,,, here goes,... we is back home in little Wales telling everyone how we went in an airplane to the land of the brush, we made the bestist friends anyone could ever wish for, the local natives seemed to accept us with open arms, the animals let us eat them and the man with the big moustache just wanted every man woman and child to enjoy themselves.

Thanks to Mike and all for making our visit so special,
Dave and Tony, aka. the Kinny's.

--------------------
David Kynaston
Tyn Celyn, Nant Uchaf Farm, Tower Hill, Garth, Llangollen, N. Wales, U.K. LL20 7YH
01978 821552/823421
kynastonh@aol.com

Posts: 36 | From: North Wales, U.K. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

hahaha
Kinny! I picture your keyboard keys to be 2" by 2" right? haha

Kinny, You and Tony made the Meet very special..please come bacl again and again!
Next time bring Tina!

Are you feeling better?

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

David Kynaston
Visitor
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Kynaston   Author's Homepage   Email David Kynaston       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tina's gone to pack. DK

--------------------
David Kynaston
Tyn Celyn, Nant Uchaf Farm, Tower Hill, Garth, Llangollen, N. Wales, U.K. LL20 7YH
01978 821552/823421
kynastonh@aol.com

Posts: 36 | From: North Wales, U.K. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashley Bishop
Visitor
Member # 2836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashley Bishop   Email Ashley Bishop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'd best get out of the window then tina, because dave i'll be up the stairs soon to see how the packings going.

trar

--------------------
ashley bishop
the brilliant sign co.
paragon studio, crown lane, farnham royal england,
01144 1753 646125

Posts: 12 | From: Buckinghamshire, England | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Kynaston
Visitor
Member # 4395

I got to go paint, byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

--------------------
David Kynaston
01978 821552/823421
kynastonh@aol.com

Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since PhotoShop is where I do my panels I could probably make a group shot. All I need is some pics to start with. They don't even have to be taken at the meet. But it would good if you could dress in the appropriate Mazeppa attire.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] Hey Pat, the picture thang sounds good, Let's try it.....Have Ruth take a Pic of you, then you take a pic of the Lovely Ruth, and send em to Steve and Barb....I'll do the same!

(Come on, you KNOW these creative sign people will not do a simple standard graduation type picture!) this outta be good!

haha

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Stewart McLaren
Visitor
Member # 2737

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Stewart McLaren   Author's Homepage   Email Stewart McLaren       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HULLO.
McLaren here. Whoopee I can do this at last!!!!!!! Just a wee note to add my congratulations to the man. Incredible meet. But then we all knew it would be. Nice to meet all the folks we haven't seen for a while especially The Deadwood Three. Thanks guys. Hey Chamberlin your message has been delivered to Avril. She says thank youuuuuuuu. Nice to meet Cisco, We had a good night in the Embassy Suites! Nice to see the Mazeppa local mafia in force, in fact it was just bloody great to be there! Thanks very much to Tim, Dawn and Brooke for their hospitality and their fine dancing step and to DJ Paddy in da house for playing the tunes. No offence. Have fun in Arizona ya yard dog. Paint some nice pictures. Take care.

Mike once again thanks a lot for everything. Roll on springtime in Glesga, Bairds Bar and a' that.

We'll be back love Stewart and Avrilxxxxxxxxxxx

--------------------
stewart mclaren
mclaren signs
59 Gean Rd,
ALLOA SCOTLAND
FK10 2JP

Posts: 133 | From: stirling. scotland | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stewart McLaren
Visitor
Member # 2737

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Stewart McLaren   Author's Homepage   Email Stewart McLaren       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HULLO.
McLaren here. Whoopee I can do this at last!!!!!!! Just a wee note to add my congratulations to the man. Incredible meet. But then we all knew it would be. Nice to meet all the folks we haven't seen for a while especially The Deadwood Three. Thanks guys. Hey Chamberlin your message has been delivered to Avril. She says thank youuuuuuuu. Nice to meet Cisco, We had a good night in the Embassy Suites! Nice to see the Mazeppa local mafia in force, in fact it was just bloody great to be there! Thanks very much to Tim, Dawn and Brooke for their hospitality and their fine dancing step and to DJ Paddy in da house for playing the tunes. No offence. Have fun in Arizona ya yard dog. Paint some nice pictures. Take care.

Mike once again thanks a lot for everything. Roll on springtime in Glesga, Bairds Bar and a' that.

We'll be back love Stewart and Avrilxxxxxxxxxxx

--------------------
stewart mclaren
mclaren signs
59 Gean Rd,
ALLOA SCOTLAND
FK10 2JP

Posts: 133 | From: stirling. scotland | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stewart McLaren
Visitor
Member # 2737

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stewart McLaren   Author's Homepage   Email Stewart McLaren       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mazeppa Mazeppa so good we did it twice.

Love The McLarens

--------------------
stewart mclaren
mclaren signs
59 Gean Rd,
ALLOA SCOTLAND
FK10 2JP

Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a class act, Mike and Eileen! I truly enjoyed my time at Mazeppa and the wonderful folks there really hang together to make us feel really welcome! I thought I would see some Moose walking down the street with a Guiness in his backpack, it was just like that! The beautiful signwork in town reflected the goings ons since the first meet, which I missed by 5 hours. Still, I was fully able to catch up!
Pulling in at 5:30 pm on Sat. eve (taking the winding country roads from Illinois), I first saw Pate Neve and his son outside of the auction/spaghetti dinner, finally getting a chance to meet! There was Cisco too. Seeing a lot of familiar faces, including Steve and Barb, (and of course, Dana and Bruce, Laura, Andy, and Laurie, really put that letterhead spirit right back in me! The celtic bagpipes and dancing and I think I met the man of my dreams, now, the gorilla playing the accordian!
Besides all the scottish kilts and comradery, the projects displayed at Mike's shop were a testimony of where I was, a-much-spiced-up northern exposure! Thanks to Sue Arndt who graciously treated me to her home on the hill, home to four beauties of quarter horses and one cat along with enjoying some fine stories of her travels on horseback in South Dakota. What a talented artiste she is with a passion for the events in the town. (and again, Laura Butler, thankss for introducing me to Sue) [Smile]
Finally, I had the pleasure of meeting some folks I had only chatted with online and the phone; including Donald Thompson and the Welters. When I was one of the last stragglers in Mike's shop Sunday morning, I realized that it was Pat Welter working on the beautiful goldleaf on Mike's new window inside the shop! I was honored to have some one on one chat with Cisco and see the showcards he made from his trip to Cuba, as he reminisced a little bit about his trip. We'll still be looking for that panel, pal, it must be in someone's stuff that doesn't come on the bull board.
Pat, thanks for showing me about the graduations of the gold leaf on that window, as I would love to see it when it is finished in the light! Well, I need to close so I can continue working on my panels! Don't miss out on Mazeppa, folks, you will never regret it- a trip well worth it.

[ February 14, 2004, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Deb Fowler ]

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Deb,
I am glad that you got along with Sue. She seemed like the type of person that would be easy to sit up all night and talk with. I wish you had gotten there earlier. I don't think that I have seen you since Don Hulsey's meet. Sure wish we could have spent some time together.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo Mike,

I think the photo idea is great. I seem to remember a guy in Oklahoma who did some stuff like that. He was a featured artist in SignCraft.

Maybe Dave Butler could be sweet talked into using something like that in his workshops. Hmmmmmmmm... You could be that silver tongued devil we so desperately need... [Wink]

Let's see who gets 300!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah.... I had to do it. Dana made me. Yeah, that's the ticket...... [Wink]

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Just wanted to be the one to put this message over 300.

[ February 15, 2004, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Laura Butler ]

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is brooke here... just trying to see if i can post a picture

-

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

[Applause] FOUND!
Mark Sundells' CELL PHONE
Dale Manor's SARAL WRAP
Brenda Daley's Bear,or "bare" COSTUME

Still missing/...Butler Vol 3 CD
and Cisco's Poster, and A GAZILLION BRAIN CELLS!

STill unpiling from the Muster!

Oh yeah...also found....A large red appendage hanging from a Mobil Pegasus Horse! Indianola all over again!
hahaha

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

-

-

[ February 18, 2004, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: mike meyer ]

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Brenda Daley Giuseppin
Visitor
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Author's Homepage   Email Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mike, stop telling all my bare secretes! :0

--------------------
Ottawa Custom Signs
Stittsville, Ontario

Posts: 346 | From: Stittsville, ON | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Correll
Visitor
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Correll   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Correll   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah! that's were I left my gazillion brain cells at! I was wondering where they went. As for the little red appendage...I think that it may be Kurt's.

Having a great time at Rick's, as we swill Grain Belt. Rick thanks you for the shirts! Unfortunately, I forgot his auction panel at home so he will pick that up the next time he is up here.

Dave Correll

--------------------
Dave Correll

Posts: 283 | From: Faribault, MN | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Sorry you couldn't make it Rick, hope yur feeling better.....with all the warm weather, the snow is melting and the Beer stuck in the snow from the Muster is starting to surface!
Anybody leave a coupla Bud Lights out by the front door? Anybody?
Hello? The Mazeppa people are so nice that they leave them right where they are because they want you friendly SIgn People to have something to drink when you travel all the way here! Isn't that nice? [Applause]

-

[ February 20, 2004, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: mike meyer ]

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Mike Contreras
Visitor
Member # 1571

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mike Contreras   Email Mike Contreras       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh Say Mike did you happen to find a Lil' PLastic Baggie out Front of the SHop? Well it belonged to my Grandma... Yeh that's it...

She asked if that Fine Gentleman of Sign Painter could hold on to it til' her Beautiful lil' Grandsone Mike ( me ) could get it at that Muster in 2005....

I said Fine Gentlemen Mike Meyers Grams... " Who THe Hell You Talkin about?"
I said you mean the low down, mangy gold squeegee is his back pocket totin Sign Whore.... Oh yeh Grams ... I know who you are talkin about....
He'll Hold your Stash.. I mean Medication until I may Retreive it in a Proper Manner... No need to leave it in the Fridge... Just a nice Dark place... Possibly sealed in a air tight container.. Or Posssibly a Ziplock too...

Me and My Grandma Thank you... SHe Spoke so Highly of you Mike.....
Thankx Again...

--------------------
Mike Contreras
MAX Sign & Design
Gladstone , Michigan

Posts: 84 | From: Gladstone , Michigan | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,
I just got back from Romania or I would have responded sooner. I was wondering how long it was going to take you to find that. I saw the culprits in process. Had a great time and will be there in 2005

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got SNOW here in Atlanta today. It ain't Mazeppa, but it ain't bad.

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!