Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » WInter Muster Info (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: WInter Muster Info
Heidi Halmstad
Visitor
Member # 4193

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Heidi Halmstad   Email Heidi Halmstad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,
I guess they all were right...Mazeppa was the place to be. I am so glad that I was a part of it. I have learned so many new things and can't wait to do some back here in the shop. I think I might be getting the hubby interested. He did a design while I was gone that had a paint brush in it. Baby steps. haha.

Mike I want to thank you for keeping me involved and inspired. Your emails make me remember my new found direction. Also thanks to Andy and Lauri for your continued support and for encouraging me to attend the Tomahawk meet which was my first. Mazeppa was my 3rd meet and I have now done an array of things including glass guilding, airbrushing, painting, carving, and sandblasting. Thanks to everyone that has given me advice and helped me out in one way or another. I am truely blessed to have found such a talented group of people to learn from. Thank You. Where is the next meet????

Thanks to Mike's family and the town of Mazeppa. I hope you know what you've got...

The tradition continues in 2005. See you there.
Heidi

--------------------
Heidi Halmstad
Sign Studio & Print Shop LLC.
156 S Lake Ave
Phillips, WI 54555
hhalmstad30@hotmail.com

Posts: 7 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heidi Halmstad
Visitor
Member # 4193

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Heidi Halmstad   Email Heidi Halmstad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey look at that. Page 7. What an honor.

--------------------
Heidi Halmstad
Sign Studio & Print Shop LLC.
156 S Lake Ave
Phillips, WI 54555
hhalmstad30@hotmail.com

Posts: 7 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 14 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm back home, got in last night at 10 pm from the best meet I ever been too! Mike, he's the greatest, and his family, friends, and neighbors are all DYNAMITE! In my opinion, I think his shop will be a museum or a tourist attraction. So much to see, and everyone there was getting down on what ever they was doing. The place is just fabulous! The engery was overwhelming!

I'm not a cold weather person and had doubts about going to a below zero area, or even if it was 15-20 degrees. It wasn't my type of place that I could see myself visiting. Ahhhh, I was so wrong, I almost wanted to take some shirts off it was so warm inside. Outside, yeah it was a bit brisky, but now I know what's it like in your part of the country. To walk across the street to WD's couldn't kill you. Actually it was kind of neat to see the snow flakes fall with the neon lights in the background. Mike really does have a unique place.

I got in late, so I missed the Elk steaks, but did get to try the Buffalo burgers. I did meet a guy name Taco, who was going to bring some Buffalo meat so we could make some Buffalo Tacos, but I don't know what happened, only saw him one time after that.

The last day there Mike drove all the U.K. fellows and myself to Minneapolis, we got to tour the Ice Palace, ice carvings, parts of St Paul and across the river to Minneapolis. I ended up hanging out with the fellows from Ireland, Scotland, Wales. We all pitched in for some rooms at the Embasy Suites, what a place! We both got a kick out of our accents. I learned a few words from them but they have a totally different meaning here, and I gave them a few wordss too, told them when they meet Chicanos, or Mexicans to say "Orale!" I think it was Stuart who said I was the closest he was going to get to meet Cheech, from Cheech and Chong. Got to meet lot of new cool folks I never met before, camped out with Joe Endicot, at one of the neighbors house, but never met the owner of the home till two later, and I was half asleep on his sofa. I look forward to next one in July 2005. Mazeppa, is the place to be for a great meet!

p.s. by the way has anyone seen my "signed poster?"

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pierre Tardif
Resident

Member # 3229

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pierre Tardif   Author's Homepage   Email Pierre Tardif   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad I missed this meet! [Frown]

Another good one put up by Mike Meyer! Two thumbs up to the hosts! [Applause]

I am gonna start believing that Mike is a nice guy!... [Wink]

Life is so good!

--------------------
Pierre Tardif
P. Tardif Inc.
1006 boul. PIE-XI sud Val-Belair
QC. Canada G3K 1L2
418-847-4089
pierre@ptardif.com

Posts: 800 | From: Quebec city | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 16 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cisco!

Glad you had a good time!
Sorry we didn't get together as much as I wanted...we'll do it again!

Did you lose your contact case?
I have them here from the neighbors house.
Blue and white?

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 16 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are always welcome in Mazeppa...even you Pierre.

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 14 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, yeah I know I forgot the case, no biggie, just toss it. I have another one.

Don't worry, I know when someone has an event, it's hard to sit for more than a few minutes before someone else comes along with a question or an answer, or 20 othere things pop up, but you were right on and took care of me well. I felt right at home, Thanks again amigo!

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brooke Meyer
Visitor
Member # 4456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brooke Meyer   Email Brooke Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone! It's Mike's niece here. I just thought i would thank everyone who attended the winter muster because without you guys, it wouldn't have happened. Thanks to everyone! It was the best 3 days of my life so far. I love spending time down at Mike's shop and im sure everyone can relate to me who was there.

Today i went down there and started cleaning up. We got Ore's all cleaned up and theres aton of extra blue shirts, Ores t'shirts and a few red "frozen stiff staff" ones left. Feel free to email mike or myself and tell us what you would like.

But thanks again to everyone who was there. I can't wait until 2005 comes around!! We're already planning everything out.

"Peace Out" as the famous Mike Meyer would say!

--------------------
Brooke Meyer
Zumbrota, MN
brookemeyer04@yahoo.com

Posts: 26 | From: Zumbrota, MN, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Bowers
Resident

Member # 780

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Dana Bowers   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW... what a week!!! It was so great to spend time with my parents, my daughter and friends. Then we got to spend time in Mazeppa with a whole bunch of awesome folks!!

I'm still amazed at Bruce winning the panel saw!!

Yes, Mike... I painted!! Can you believe it? I actually lettered, sorta... filled in the lines. Mike's family and friends are wonderful. Just like Mike! Minnesota nice, fer shure.

I loved watching people work and paint. I loved the smells. The food was absolutely fabulous (yikes... I gotta weigh in tomorrow!!)

MANY THANKS to a special couple - Steve and Barb - for all their time and work in this site. So many wonderful people I would have never had the chance to meet if it wasn't for them!!

It still amazes me how many people pay any attention to me painting my artsy fartsy flowers with 88 cent craft paint!! I still shake my head in disbelief that I was showing David from Wales!! The way he painted 'wood' was incredible. I can't wait to attempt that. And his father, what a doll!! We even got to talkin bout Border Collies, sheep and milking cows!

Hey Stevo... BOING!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Now I know what Larry, Moe & Curly's real names were... Ryan, Bruce and Donald!!

Hey Jill... if Bruce ever comes home with anything of his dyed purple... you got some explaining to do... [Razz]

Thanks, Jeremy, for the airbrush pointers. Bruce got the biggest kick outta the squirrels! I will think of you come spring when we start getting the babies brought in.

Hugs to Dave Sherby!! Don't forget the lime juice!

I know there were tons of other people I should mention, Hi to the rest of ya!!

--------------------
Dana Ferry
St Cloud, MN

Posts: 1556 | From: St Cloud, MN | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Telfer
Visitor
Member # 3949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Telfer   Email Scott Telfer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont know where to start guys....Finally made it home in one piece and I still cant be sure it was'nt one big dream. A big thanks to everyone involved who made this a fantastic meet...I wish I had half the energy you have Mike, where the hell do you get it from..No more T Bags for you..Hello to all the Friends I met Old and New..A special thanks to Tim and Brooke for their hospitality and friendship......Three cheers to everyone in Mazeppa.. and a big Adios Amigo to Francisco...P.S would you believe it is T shirt weather in Glasgow at the moment..Ha ha

--------------------
Scott Telfer
C.S.T SIGNS
0141-633 0391
scott@telfer27.freeserve.co.uk

Posts: 189 | From: SCOTLAND | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man...I feel so left out!!!!! [Frown]

Wish I could have made this one...sigh....

And I missed meeting Scott too!!! [Frown] a real Scotsman!!!!(hey..was he wearing a kilt??) [Wink]

Mike, when's the movie coming out?

A:)

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------
"Sure, it's colder in the Northwest, but...it's a damp cold!"

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brooke Meyer
Visitor
Member # 4456

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Brooke Meyer   Email Brooke Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to give a special thanks to UnKle Stewie, Scott, Ash, Tony, Dave and Brian for the friendships we've made! You wouldn't believe how hard it was for me to say good-bye to you guys. [Frown] Someday I'll be over to visit! Thanks for everything!

--------------------
Brooke Meyer
Zumbrota, MN
brookemeyer04@yahoo.com

Posts: 26 | From: Zumbrota, MN, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

No movie, you have to put pennies in jars and be here for yourself. Ask the people that were here.

The meet is only as good as it's attendees.
If you give them the room, the atmosphere, their own variety of choices...they will respond bigger and better than they ever thought they could. THAT is the successful recipe for a Letterhead Meet.

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Dunno] MUSTER LOST AND FOUND

Lost: Cisco's Signed Poster, Yellow in color, variety of Sign People's autograph's on it.

Lost: Butler Gold Volume 3 Owner.Mike Meyer

Lost: 2 rolls of Saral Paper.of Dale Manor, Menomiknee Wisconsin.

Lost: Numerous Brain cells from a Variety of people.

Lost: One Silver Cell Phone belonging to Mark Sundell, Council Bluffs Iowa.

Found: One Roaster full of Scalloped Potatoes and Ham (In my Van..Frozen)

Found: Enough frozen Wild Game Meat to feed an Army, up in my Fridge.

Found: 1 CD of "Muster Pics"

Found: Ore's glasses and Muster Mugs all over the place!

What a party! hahaha

If you know where any of the lost things are..contact our 24 hour helpline at 507-843-5951
operators are standing by.....

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming soon......

-

hehehehehehehe [Razz]
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Hansen
Visitor
Member # 2946

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Brian Hansen   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Hansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Big Thank-You Mike...For the recipe,if there's more ingredients please foward them to me.. we're getting so many positive response from everyone that's wanting to come to our Round-Up It's amaizing !!! and many maritimers that never been to a letterhead meet are coming out , It will be a great meet. Thanks again Mike.

--------------------
Brian Hansen
Heritage Signs & Graphic Designs
6003 Route 495
St.Marie New Brunswick
(506)955.8885

Posts: 315 | From: St. Marie , New Brunswick | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can solve one mystery Mike. I left that CD of Muster Pics on the desk for you. Nancy has a copy too!

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Rogan
Visitor
Member # 3678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Rogan   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Rogan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,
If you're really willing to drive that cabinet here (I'm 5 hrs from Bruce & Dana) you're more than welcome to spend some time at my house. I've got peeelenty of room (5 bdrms, 5 bths) not to mention 2 ATV quads, and Great Barrington is a pretty cool town to visit as well.
Otherwise, let me know if you know a shipper and we'll just cross our fingers.

Thanks again for everything.

Mark

--------------------
Mark Rogan
The Great Barrington Sign Company
2 Stilwell Street, Great Barrington, MA 01230
mark@gbsignco.com

"Sometimes I think my head is so big because it is so full of fonts"

Posts: 332 | From: Great Barrington, MA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Mark.....If you and Bruce pitch in a few bucks to cover gas, I'M THERE!

We'll make a trip out of it...then I head down to South Carolina, so I'm looking at the 3rd week in March...Any heads along the way where I can crash out for a night? Cleveland area?
New York?
I'll try and make a map of the trip and people can email if they have room.
OK?
the Muster Love continues........

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Ashley Bishop
Visitor
Member # 2836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashley Bishop   Email Ashley Bishop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the body has arrived home but the mind is still in mazeppa. I wondered if it featured in the lost and found above?

I'd like to extend my thanks to all who turned up for the meet,it was fantastic to see you all many new faces to me and many old friends together with infamous partners in crime ( the deadwood three, mark sundell and dave correll etc.) all of who made the meet so unforgetable. Thanks also go to dana for firing me up for the flower painting, i,ve bought the brushes and am experimenting already!

The biggest shout has to go to the meyer massive, ayleen, calib, tim, brooke and dawn who all made us feel part of the family. Tim and brooke worked their butts off so that we could party and paint. thanks again.Mike, brooke is such an asset to the shop and a credit to her family.

Lastly i'd like to say what a privillege and honour to be able to count as my pals, mike, stew, scotty, dave, tony and of course brian. you know what i mean, nuff said.

the reigning blockhead signs out.

--------------------
ashley bishop
the brilliant sign co.
paragon studio, crown lane, farnham royal england,
01144 1753 646125

Posts: 12 | From: Buckinghamshire, England | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian O'Prey
Visitor
Member # 4063

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Brian O'Prey   Email Brian O'Prey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let's hope it doesn't reach 300.
Oh no, I've added another 1.

--------------------
Brian O'Prey
Brian O'Prey, Artist and Designer
5 Old Movilla Road,
Newtownards
County Down
Northern Ireland
BT23 8HH
Tel. 028 9181 3517
email-brianlionzion@hotmail.com

Posts: 91 | From: Newtownards, County Down, Ireland | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Ackerson
Visitor
Member # 3224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Ackerson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Ackerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad everyone had a great time at the meet. It's crazy how quickly it goes after months of prepping and anticipation.

The doors are always open in Joisey Mike, or anyone else needing a place to crash. Not far from Rt. 80.

--------------------
Alan Ackerson
LetterWorks Design and Graphics
alan@ack2.com

Posts: 776 | From: Oak Ridge, NJ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat Welter
Resident

Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat Welter   Email Pat Welter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We Finally made it home...Mike dropped us at the airport on Monday evening...we arrived in Saskatoon at midnight so decided to lay over till morning only to be trapped in a snow storm that kept us in a hotel till this A.M....Roads closed everywere...visability ZERO....Ruth and I too would like to add our thanks and gratiude...With everyone caught up in the excitement of the auction the thank you to Mike and Family got missed...so I would like to thank you on everyoned behalf whom attended...You make learning so much fun...Thanks Mike Ayleen,Calib,Tim, Brooke, Dawn for a great meet...Tim special thanks for the use of the 4x4 truck, and a special thanks too to Mike for the tour. We know you were busy and had things to catch up on and still took time to show us the sights...they were fantastic along with the supper...Your enthusiasm is infectous not only for the attending letterheads but for the Mazeppa residence as well( evident throught the meet and at the auction)...Brian I think your book should you be able to get it together would be fantastic (4 generation wow)I'll take one...for now enjoy the desert eh...To old friends great to see you all again and to new ones we hope to see you all at a gathering soon... Thanks Mike we had a blast... Pat and Ruth

--------------------
Pat Welter
Masterhand Signs and Designs
Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada

Posts: 1304 | From: Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike...I would have been there, I've just buried my mother, so this was not a good time for me.

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------
"Sure, it's colder in the Northwest, but...it's a damp cold!"

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, the Muster was... well THE MUSTER!!! Man the way you throw a meet, its going to get crazy.

Can you handle 1000 sign painters in '05? [Applause]

Your meets go beyond expectations. My very first meet was '99. I'll be at every one of your meets till I'm six feet under. Thanks again.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5401 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still sick in bed, but here's a couple pics to keep you interested.

First off, our hosts Mike & Ayleen Meyer

-

Mark Rogan was the winning bidder on this cool cabinet.

-

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Thanks for the pics Steve, people have been sending me some as well, I'll forward them to you! My Dad was here yesterday helping clean up and sort this and that. It's finally getting back to normal....lots of townsfolk miss you guys already! They say.."It's pretty quiet around here, where's all your painter friends?"
I tell them to get ready because they went home to rest for they will be back in a mere 16 months for the "MAZEPPA MUSTER" 2nd week in July 2005!

I looked up in the frig and man, I have enough food to have another party!
So, I'm talking to Eric (Taco) and we might put together a Bar-B-Que/garage sale/live music/texas hold-em poker tournament/blow out!

Maybe around St.Patty's day?
You're all invited!

haha

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] Getting ready for 2005?
this just in.....he has already been chairman of the first Letterhead Parade done in 1999....he's just committed to organizing 2005's parade.....Who is he? [FYI] Let's see if you can guess.....He's alwys considered himself a "Ladie's Man" (Before marriage that is), He's been on SignCraft's cover and been a speaker at various Meets thru the years, He's HOSTED various Meets as well [Eek!] ....he hails from the frozen flat land of Moorhead Minnesota.

He uses a Maul Stick like a Symphony Conductor.....Can you guess who this man is? [Dunno]

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,
Tell the gang at W.D.'s and Leo's we miss them, too. If you're heading thru Atlanta before or after the Civil War, I'd be honored to return some of your hospitality - you can even have the Mayor's bedroom.
Did y'all get more SNOW?

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4116 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Kynaston
Visitor
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Kynaston   Author's Homepage   Email David Kynaston       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura Butler:
It 11:51 pm and I just woke up. A special thanks to those who made sure that we got to the airport bright and early Sun for our flights. I didn't get to bed Sat. until 2:20 am and got up and on the road by 5:30 with Mark and Jillbeans. Caught my flight to Chicago, laid over for 3 hours, and then caught the my flight to Flint, MI. I went right to my Daughter's house to see my grandbabies, and then came home and laid down on the couch.

Thanks go to Mike and all his crew. Anyone that didn't go really missed some good fellowship, seminars, and music on Fri. Thank you David for sharing your knowledge on woodgraining. You were so patient with so many of us. I couldn't get my 18" x 24" panel in my suitcase so I had to carry it everywhere I went around the airport. We had to got on transport buses to go to our small plane and people would ask about it. They were amazed that it just paint and stain. I plan on making some money with this and even more important is having some fun. Its making me really stop and look at wood. As I walked into my house I had to stop and study my mahongany doors.

David, when my dad died 3 years ago I thought that I had told him everything that I wanted. Now I realize that there are still things I wish that we had talked about. Take care of your dad and spend as much time with him as you can. He is one of a kind and a real dear. Give him a hug for me.

--------------------
David Kynaston
Tyn Celyn, Nant Uchaf Farm, Tower Hill, Garth, Llangollen, N. Wales, U.K. LL20 7YH
01978 821552/823421
kynastonh@aol.com

Posts: 36 | From: North Wales, U.K. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Kynaston
Visitor
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Kynaston   Author's Homepage   Email David Kynaston       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mE ANd comPuters just Dont Get on, i Tried to reply 2 lauras message but seemed 2 have coppied it, give me a brush anyday......!

--------------------
David Kynaston
Tyn Celyn, Nant Uchaf Farm, Tower Hill, Garth, Llangollen, N. Wales, U.K. LL20 7YH
01978 821552/823421
kynastonh@aol.com

Posts: 36 | From: North Wales, U.K. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brenda Daley Giuseppin
Visitor
Member # 37

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Author's Homepage   Email Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having major Muster withdrawal. It's been day 4 home here at home and I still have hardly done any work. I keep looking back at my photos, chattin and sending emails to all the cool people I met and wishing I was still there!
I can't wait until 2005!
Kellie still keeps me laughing!

--------------------
Ottawa Custom Signs
Stittsville, Ontario

Posts: 346 | From: Stittsville, ON | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brenda...you got photos? we need some here on the board ! Any panel pix?

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brenda Daley Giuseppin
Visitor
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Author's Homepage   Email Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jeff!
I do have pics, but I don't know how to post them!

--------------------
Ottawa Custom Signs
Stittsville, Ontario

Posts: 346 | From: Stittsville, ON | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

I'm working on the photos as we speak Jeff. Remember. Every photo gets the full Photoshop treatment.

In the meantime, I know all of you will enjoy a glimpse of this wee Scottish Lass spotted in Mazeppa.

-

Where, and whenever, a wee Scottish Lass is discovered, you can always be certain a wee, Scottish Lass hunter is not far behind.

-

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

Colleen Henderson
Resident

Member # 906

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Colleen Henderson   Email Colleen Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh Mike, would it be Butch Anton??

--------------------
Colleen Henderson
Signs Now, Thunder Bay, ON
signsnow@tbaytel.net

Posts: 140 | From: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian O'Prey
Visitor
Member # 4063

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Brian O'Prey   Email Brian O'Prey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should that not be Scottish Ass and the Ass hunter?

--------------------
Brian O'Prey
5 Old Movilla Road,
Newtownards
County Down
Northern Ireland
BT23 8HH
Tel. 028 9181 3517

Posts: 91 | From: Newtownards, County Down, Ireland | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gimme a good Irish man any day!
 -
Love...JILL

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brooke Meyer
Visitor
Member # 4456

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Brooke Meyer   Email Brooke Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just testing this out to see if i am able to post a picture.

-

--------------------
Brooke Meyer
Zumbrota, MN
brookemeyer04@yahoo.com

Brian O'Prey
Visitor
Member # 4063

Photo taken under duress!!!

--------------------
Brian O'Prey
5 Old Movilla Road,
Newtownards
County Down
Northern Ireland
BT23 8HH
Tel. 028 9181 3517

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!