Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT- favourite personal philosophy (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OT- favourite personal philosophy
Gary Wiant
Visitor
Member # 1421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Wiant   Author's Homepage   Email Gary Wiant       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neil, That was funny, can I use it?

- My grandmother always said, "All that you do, do with your mite, things done by halfs are never done right!"

- Murphys Law

Later
Gary

--------------------
Gary Wiant
Vinyl Graphics Unlimited
Shippenville, PA

Posts: 66 | From: Shippenville, PA U.S.A. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one I almost forgot.
Work smart, play hard

Havin' fun,
Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy chatham
Resident

Member # 525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy chatham   Email jimmy chatham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as you go through life
make this your goal
eat the doughnut
not the hole

--------------------
Jimmy Chatham
Chatham Signs
468 stark st
Commerce, Ga 30529

Posts: 1766 | From: Commerce, GA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wilson Ardmore
Visitor
Member # 3230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wilson Ardmore   Email Wilson Ardmore       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't try to put no boogie woogie
on the king of rock n' roll.

and... "Elvis has left the building, uh, huh..!"

Thank vurry mush. ( after the medication )

--------------------
Wilson Ardmore
Sun Signs
164 Team Track Rd. Auburn, Ca
hatfield@vfr.net

Posts: 100 | From: Bowman,Ca | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Languein
Visitor
Member # 319

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Mike Languein         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think twice as much = work half as hard.
Posts: 1859 | From: / | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee Attewell
Visitor
Member # 2407

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lee Attewell   Email Lee Attewell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case of emergency....Remove clothes, and listen to the sign maker [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Lee Attewell
Graffic Jam Auto
Unit 3, 1731 Albany Highway,
Kenwick Western Australia 6108

Posts: 102 | From: PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Carter
Visitor
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Carter   Email Steve Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once greeted an Older gentleman who said something like this:

"A good day is when you are on the sunny side of the grass!"

SC

LOGIN Name Formerly: atog254

--------------------
Steve Carter {:{)
a Touch of Glass
254 Lexington Mill Rd.
Magnolia, DE, 19962
PH: 302-335-3170

Posts: 181 | From: Magnolia, De, USA - Center of the Universe | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Moon
Visitor
Member # 452

Icon 6 posted      Profile for The Moon   Email The Moon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Live and let live,
Fairly take and fairly give.
An it harm none, do what ye will!
~Words to live by...

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
~Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

learnin' somethin' new everyday!
~The Moon (hey, that's me!)

The phrases here, and throughout this post would make pretty cool panels...

The just thinking on the creative side of the Moon

OH! ...and OT posts are fun when they are like this one! I like getting to know ya all before I get to meet ya all. [Wink]

[ September 21, 2002, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: The Moon ]

--------------------
The Moon
aka: Stefenie Harris
Moonlight Designs
Pollock Pines, CA
learnin' somethin' new every day!
stefenie@comcast.net

Posts: 550 | From: Pollock Pines, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want something done, ask a busy man.
Think about it.

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Moss
Visitor
Member # 4295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Moss   Email Kent Moss       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Me...

--------------------
Kent Moss
Greg Moss Signs

Posts: 363 | From: Wilbraham, MA / Charleston,SC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How the hell did this thread come back on?

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't pick your nose while reading a road map and trying to drive at the same time. Just got out of the body cast......

(Just kidding...I never do both at the same time..Ha [Big Grin]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...some names from the past on THIS thread!

"Life is what happens while you're making other plans."

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wayne!! You were here in 2002?? Wow!

Mr. Bill ...these are great!!

Here's a few of my favorites:

"Ain't nobody ever drowned in their own sweat!"

"I'm an easy dog to hunt with . . .as long as the hunter's not abusive . . ."

Here's one for the kitchen:

TODAYS MENU - 2 choices:
Take it or Leave it

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheila - "Take it or leave it"....I love it! I have to pass that one on to my wife....

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neil, I'll take half the blame.. I linked to this thread yesterday in Shiela's "motto" post [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Schuttinga
Visitor
Member # 2821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter Schuttinga   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Schuttinga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's best to be silent and be thought a fool

than to speak and remove all doubt
-----------------------------------------

Say what you mean and mean what you say

when in doubt, C (multiple choice test)

Always be heavily in debt
Cause you cant take it with you
But you can take someone else's
And that's got to feel good

--------------------
"Are we having fun yet?"
Peter Schuttinga
DZines Sign Studio
1617 Millstream rd
Victoria BC
V9B-6G4

Posts: 521 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Donahue   Author's Homepage   Email James Donahue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This isn't my favorite, but Kimberly's reminded me of it:

It's easier to turn a wheel that's already rolling.

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.
Seymour TN. (865) 577-3365 brushman@nxs.net

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch,
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2057 | From: 1033 W. Union Valley Rd. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"As time heals all wounds; it also wounds all heels."

"When in doubt, knock em' out."

"There's a good chance, the chewing gum on floor of chicken house, isn't."

"If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

"Custer wore arrow shirts."

[Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe it.
Another post about good quotes, one of my favorite topics--- mine change daily......

Today it's Golda Meir:
Be humble, you're not that great.

and Emerson:
Stay at home in your mind. Don't recite other people's opinions. I hate quotations. Tell me what YOU know [Smile] .

Very surprisingly and happily found posts on this thread by Cheryl Nordby, Mark Fair, and Mike Languien.

Which brings up another quote:
Commandment number one of any truly civilized society is this: Let people be different.
David Grayson

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

signslimited@triad.rr.com

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shon lenzo
Visitor
Member # 1364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shon lenzo   Email shon lenzo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If it seems too good to be true,
it probably is!"

--------------------
Light and Shadow
Manzanita,Oregon
shonlenzo@hotmail.com

Posts: 286 | From: Manzanita,Oregon | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shon lenzo
Visitor
Member # 1364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shon lenzo   Email shon lenzo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, and
"I can't afford to buy cheap things,
because they will need replaced !!"

--------------------
Light and Shadow
Manzanita,Oregon
shonlenzo@hotmail.com

Posts: 286 | From: Manzanita,Oregon | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Id rather explain the price of quality than make excuses for something less"

Be nice to everybody, the dopey kid who wants to buy a "Nascar sticker" today will be a decision maker tomorrow.

I really liked "Never buy work"

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3491 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

More bumper sticker-ish philosophy than phylosophical quotes...but they are humorous.

1.) I'm hung like Einstein, and smart as a horse.
2.) I'm busy. You're ugly. Have a nice day.
3.) Drugs Lead Nowhere...but it's a scenic route.
4.) I Brake For....Oh Crap! No Brakes!
5.) Driver carries no cash...he's married.
6.) Wife and dog missing...reward for dog.
7.) Can't feed em? Don't breed em.
8.) Take your ex out tonight (one bullet oughtta do it.)
9.) I child proofed my house....but they still get in.
10.) 4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.
11.)The shortest sentance is "I am". The longest is, "I do."
12.) Where the heck is easy street?
13.) Cat...the other white meat.
14.) Gun control means using both hands.
15.) Work Harder. Millions on welfare depend on you.
16.) Ever stop to think...and forget to start again?
17.) Take revenge! Crap on a pigeon!

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A guy on the morning radio used to read funny bumper stickers when I was in junior high school! My parents used to have his station on every morning in 2 rooms in the house and in the car on the way to school . . .this bumper sticker he read for some reason . . .'stuck' with me . . .(lol)...

STAMP-OUT & ABOLISH REPITITION & REDUNDANCY

Also, still on my desk for years...

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is gone.."

[Wink]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw/Shucks/
I wrote to Mike and asked him how he got back on the board and he said
Oh no/not me
so I looked at the beginning date of this thread and it is an old one when he was still allowed to post.

My bad.

And everybody else's loss, IMHO /just my 2 cents worth

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Mrya . . .did you mean 'Mike' or 'Mark'??

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
both... but she meant Mike Languein (another outspoken liberal... though I guess he outspoke his welcome around here once too often [Frown]

If you don't already miss him, or showed up too late to catch his posts... you haven't laughed until you've read his Lenny chronicles
...beware, if you click that link... you beter not have any work that needs to go out soon... & whatever you're drinking, don't let it come out your nose, 'cause you WILL be laughing!! mark my words

(odd thing... along with getting the boot... when I just search topics that start with "Lenny" I get them all... but when first tried, I included Mikes number 1859... search turns up nothing)

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

I miss Lenny too Doug . . .

I also noticed the search works this way sometimes and then at times it won't work with the key word but with the number!

Go fig'er . . .

Here's another personal philosophy . . .

'If it's broke . . .fix it'

lol [Razz]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Barry Branscum
Visitor
Member # 445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Branscum   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Branscum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forget where i read this recently---
"Fair is what God wills."

--------------------
Barry Branscum

Master's Touch
DESIGNS
www.masterstouchsigns.com

no, my signshop website is not finished....still.

218 Hwy 65 B
Clinton, AR

Posts: 2500 | From: Clinton, AR USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Sheila, I said Mike.

And Doug understood that I said Mike, and meant both Mike and Mark, and Cheryl too.

They all contributed to diversity on this board.

Mike's stories about Lenny are some of the finest pieces of comic, insightful, gut-crunching, reminiscent memoirs of the art and craft of making signs I have ever read.
No - make that THE BEST. He tells what I personally experienced, whether I did or not in quite that way; it is my story emotionally, in wrenching and hysterically funny detail.
When I first got to read the Lenny stories, I could only handle one a day. That is how good, and real, they are.

Mike is not Lenny. Mike is Mike reporting on Lenny. There is a difference.
And Mike's insight into life and the CRAFT and the STRUGGLE make him unique. And that is what we lost in his not being allowed to post any more.

Because that insight, with the discernment of knowing our trade, and the knowledge and intellect that is uniquely Mike's, gets translated into his commentary on our everyday concerns as they are now.

Like I said before. Keeping Mike mute is everybody's loss.

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!