Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Anybody watch Today show this morning?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody watch Today show this morning?
goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goddinfla   Email goddinfla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone see the story about the mayor of Inglis Florida banning Satan. She stood in front of a welcome to Inglis sign the whole time. The sign was done by Chris Shuster who's shop is in Inglis. He does incredible work. I hope he'll show up at John's place next weekend.

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Posts: 1050 | From: Tampa Fl USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Dennis,

Woke up this morning, got my coffee, read your post and turned on the Today show just in time to catch the segment. You're right, AWESOME sign. It really is beautiful.

OT - that mayor sure does need a refresher course on the seperation of church and state though, doesn't she? She's just bound and determined that all of us heathens out there are going to come around to her way of thinking.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw piece relating to this last night. I cought small portions and the town and mayor were brought up in connection with Rosie O's earthshaking revelations.

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Spring, TX

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.T. Gazaway
Visitor
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J.T. Gazaway   Author's Homepage   Email J.T. Gazaway   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pardon my hysterical laughter....
I'm so glad you answered that question because I was wondering who did that sign. I actually said out loud to myself this morning: "What a nut-bar...but that sure is a cool sign behind her"
The more that interview went on the more I thought of Dana Carvey's church lady skit.
"Who do you think is the cause of all the problems in your city Ms. Mayor?.....Could it be.....SATAN!"
Well now. insn't that special?

--------------------
J.T. Gazaway
J.T. Graphic Design
www.jt-graphicdesign.com
jt@jt-graphicdesign.com

Posts: 254 | From: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goddinfla   Email goddinfla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually went to school in Inglis for a while in 5th grade. Lived in nearby Yankeetown. It was odd for a big city kid (Tampa) kids rode horses to school. School was grades 1-8, 4 rooms, 2 grades to a room. My brother had to go to a different county for a high school. I'm glad to see it's still as backward as ever. Chris is an amazing sign artist, he brought a carved blue crab to a letterhead meet one time. You could swear it was breathing. If you're ever up in that area it's a treat to see his signs everywhere.

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Posts: 1050 | From: Tampa Fl USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Preston
Deceased

Member # 1314

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bill Preston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody care to bet that Satan is not going to abide by the ban? Sure would be contrary to his way of doing things------assuming that there is a Satan.

--------------------
Bill Preston
Fly Creek, N.Y. USA

Posts: 943 | From: Fly Creek, N.Y. USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wm. J. Krupinski
Visitor
Member # 1746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wm. J. Krupinski   Email Wm. J. Krupinski       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being the contrary creature that he is, I would assume the Devil would take this "banishment" as a personal challenge to try ever harder...

--------------------
Wm. J. Krupinski
ArtFirst Studio
Jefferson, WI
kruptoons@yahoo.com

Posts: 95 | From: Jefferson, WI USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Shuster
Resident

Member # 7307

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Chris Shuster   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Shuster       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just happened to search Chris' (my hubby) name, boy I was surprised (and so was he) to see this ancient post. Chris is now located in Winchester, KY and his sign shop is now called BlueGrass Design, Inc. Check out his website at www.bgdsign.com. He has gone back to hand carving his signs. Anyway, nice to read all of your messages and hope to hear or see you at a future sign meet. We are hoping to go to the meet in Canada this July. Take care all you awesome sign people! Barb Shuster

--------------------
Chris Shuster
BlueGrass Design, Inc.
16 Court St. Winchester, KY 40391
859-737-4199

Posts: 18 | From: Winchester, KY | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Faig
Visitor
Member # 6104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Faig   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Faig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barb, thanks for posting. Chris' work is amazing.

--------------------
Mike
gatlinburg Sign Crafters

Posts: 1051 | From: Gatlinburg, TN | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris' work is outstanding and he has such a wide range of types of signs that he does.

And he's just a great guy, too.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Shuster
Resident

Member # 7307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Shuster   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Shuster       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys for your comments! Ray it's good to hear from you! Hope to see you at a future meet again this year. Take care...

--------------------
Chris Shuster
BlueGrass Design, Inc.
16 Court St. Winchester, KY 40391
859-737-4199

Posts: 18 | From: Winchester, KY | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Normington
Visitor
Member # 7520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Normington   Email Mike Normington       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Preston:
Anybody care to bet that Satan is not going to abide by the ban? Sure would be contrary to his way of doing things------assuming that there is a Satan.

For the record, there is a Satan and he lives in way too many of us these days.

--------------------
Mike Normington
Custom Graphics
Burbank, IL

"The only thing permanent is change."

Posts: 43 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!